jewell robbins
SRSF

Chicago, IL

#2243 Oct 22, 2011
The only thing Jewell ever won was a judgement against a defunct bank and anyone could have won it because the defendant didn't show.
Mitzi Hammond Perkins

Grand Prairie, TX

#2244 Oct 22, 2011
Florence Warde wrote:
<quoted text>
Who ever you are I need the name of the attorney who went against Jewell Robbins and I need the phone number who you spoke to and where in Texas. Because I was told that the case was dismissed by the Ninth court of appeals in 1994 and no one knows of any settlement.
Email me at wardef@hotmail.com. I would appreciate Topix Forum officer retrieve this information and send it to me. someone is about to lose their house because they received no money from this settlement.
Thanks.
If all Jewell Robbins ever received is a judgement, it is worth about as much as the paper it is written on. You need to contact your state attorney general and give COPIES of all the information. This situation is the very reason why there are some of us trying to put an end to the Spindletop Ponzi scheme forever.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#2245 Oct 27, 2011
Florence Warde wrote:
<quoted text>
Who ever you are I need the name of the attorney who went against Jewell Robbins and I need the phone number who you spoke to and where in Texas. Because I was told that the case was dismissed by the Ninth court of appeals in 1994 and no one knows of any settlement.
Email me at wardef@hotmail.com. I would appreciate Topix Forum officer retrieve this information and send it to me. someone is about to lose their house because they received no money from this settlement.
Thanks.
florence, do not listen to these posters that come on saying have hope, they are only sharing what robbins and her workers tell them, there is no case no settlement, but if she dont keep throwing them crumbs, they dont send her gifts ya know what i mean?
i am sorry to hear another person is losing their home, but how could jewells scam have anything to do with that? most the people i know that lost their homes and cars thru this scam, was due to believing it so much, they over spent and quit working thinking they had great wealth coming to them anyday now, have your friend get their money back from jewell the kentucky attorney general office will help them achieve that, maybe if they spent so much it ruined them financially they can save their home.
Sue

Lancaster, OH

#2246 Nov 4, 2011
Have Hope wrote:
There is money there. I know that for a fact because I called Texas myself. Jewell settled out of court on Nov 19,2005 She didn't get it till May of 2006.I even got the name of one of the Attorney's that was against her in the case.
I want to know did she rec'd money? I just invested some money in the Jewell Robbins program along with other people throughout ohio and other states now in 2011 this year. They are saying that she is waiting on probate court in Texas to award her money soon November of 2011. eMAIL @ PEARLLY@SBCGLOBAL.NET
SRSF

West Lafayette, IN

#2247 Nov 4, 2011
No Sue, she never has and never will receive any money. It's all a scheme. You need to contact your state securities division regarding this matter. She was charged in 09 with a felony for selling these bogus securities and was ordered to cease and desist selling them or she would be violating her court order and face prison time.
Mitzi Hammond Perkins

Grand Prairie, TX

#2248 Nov 4, 2011
Sue wrote:
<quoted text> I want to know did she rec'd money? I just invested some money in the Jewell Robbins program along with other people throughout ohio and other states now in 2011 this year. They are saying that she is waiting on probate court in Texas to award her money soon November of 2011. eMAIL @ PEARLLY@SBCGLOBAL.NET
This is a scam, has always been a scam, and somehow we have to put an end to it. She never will receive money. The probate court in Collin County Texas will not award money to Jewell Robbins. Contact the Kentucky and Tennessee State Securities Boards and the state's attorney general's offices for information about Jewell.

Location hidden

#2249 Nov 4, 2011
Sue wrote:
<quoted text> I want to know did she rec'd money? I just invested some money in the Jewell Robbins program along with other people throughout ohio and other states now in 2011 this year. They are saying that she is waiting on probate court in Texas to award her money soon November of 2011. eMAIL @ PEARLLY@SBCGLOBAL.NET
Sue i emailed you some info, please stay in contact with me, thanks

Location hidden

#2250 Nov 4, 2011
SRSF wrote:
No Sue, she never has and never will receive any money. It's all a scheme. You need to contact your state securities division regarding this matter. She was charged in 09 with a felony for selling these bogus securities and was ordered to cease and desist selling them or she would be violating her court order and face prison time.
Shanna email Sue anything you have on Jewell Please
SRSF

West Lafayette, IN

#2251 Nov 4, 2011
dollardog wrote:
<quoted text>
Shanna email Sue anything you have on Jewell Please
Will do. What can be done to stop her? It's unbelievable.
curious onlooker

Mount Sterling, KY

#2252 Nov 4, 2011
LOL come on back Sue from Columbus I will talk with you....
curious onlooker

Mount Sterling, KY

#2253 Nov 4, 2011
Sue wrote:
What does Pastor say about this investment?
lilmargi

Frankfort, IN

#2254 Nov 5, 2011
Jordon/Sue shame on you for playing games with people; You should be thanking God we are not evil people. You should be praying to him for forgiveness for lying and tricking people! I feel sorry for people like you; I will pray for you.
SRSF

Chicago, IL

#2255 Nov 5, 2011
lilmargi wrote:
Jordon/Sue shame on you for playing games with people; You should be thanking God we are not evil people. You should be praying to him for forgiveness for lying and tricking people! I feel sorry for people like you; I will pray for you.
Amen.
curious onlooker

Mount Sterling, KY

#2256 Nov 5, 2011
Bobby wrote:
Why don't you people grow up If you new her the way that some of us do then you would know they are trying as hard as they possible can to finish this. All of you one day will be ashamed of yourselves for the way you have and are treating her, Ms. Jewell was 79 years old on Sept. 9th. Her health is not so good but yet she still continues to work for people like you, you should be ashamed of yourselves. I can tell by your chatter you know nothing. This money will be released one day when we don't but it will be released. So why don't you show a little gratitude for all they have done, and ask yourselves if you could done it I know I couldn't have.
Thank you for your input Bobby, I am sure some will be glad to hear she is working hard to get this finished LOL

She is to dang old to be continuing the scam she has done for so many years. Did she share the millions our OFI in ky found n accounts in Califoria under her name and her sons name, he has passed so where did that money go? Her worker had an account with her also, No accountant paid out anything to anyone they said she had an account for years but no movement with that monies. Her kids have new homes and the farm was given out to her kids to save it from being taken since it was in her name. Its a shame you and others still give the battle ax money, she is a scam and yes we are allowed to call her scamer cause it has been put on the scam LIST my dear! There is no money for anyone. The fake documents have finally caught up with all of them. Blessings to you.
curious onlooker

Mount Sterling, KY

#2258 Nov 5, 2011
Kentucky Attorney General investigators say Robbins sold interest in Spindletop, telling investors the real heir had been cheated out of her fortune, and that they could buy interest in lawsuits to reclaim the jackpot of $200 trillion.

"They had all their bases covered," David says. "They had everybody. They had spokesmen, they had lawyers, and they had the whole thing just like you'd have it if it were true."
curious onlooker

Mount Sterling, KY

#2259 Nov 5, 2011
some still saying trillions LOL
curious onlooker

Mount Sterling, KY

#2260 Nov 5, 2011
Thousands Invest Money In Phony Oil Well Scam

By Charla Young

(LOUISVILLE)-- It was the chance to be a millionaire that caused thousands of people to invest in what many call "the Spindletop Fortune." Investment opportunities began in the early 1980s, but state investigators say people are investing in a black hole. WAVE 3 Troubleshooter Charla Young got complaints from several investors and went in search of the original source -- the woman promising people millions of dollars -- Jewel Robbins.

David and Donna Bell believe in an honest day's work for an honest day's pay.

Eighteen years ago, they started investing in an opportunity they believed would make their retirement years golden.

David Bell tells us, "a woman was buying shares in an oil well down in Beaumont, Texas and wanted to know if we wanted to get in on it. They said it could possibly be a million dollars a share."

The chance to be millionaires piqued their interest.

In 1988, the Bells went to an investment meeting hosted by Jewel Robbins. That's where they heard about the "Spindletop Fortune."

David says Robbins sounded so believable, they never chose to doubt her.

There actually was a Spindletop oil well near Beaumont, Texas in 1901. The gusher pumped 100,000 barrels a day, and made a bunch of people filthy rich.

That much is true.

But investigators say what Robbins did is far from the truth.

Harold Turner from the Attorney General's office tells us, "we concluded that what she was selling was illusory and had no value."

Kentucky Attorney General investigators say Robbins sold interest in Spindletop, telling investors the real heir had been cheated out of her fortune, and that they could buy interest in lawsuits to reclaim the jackpot of $200 trillion.

"They had all their bases covered," David says. "They had everybody. They had spokesmen, they had lawyers, and they had the whole thing just like you'd have it if it were true."

The Bells purchased 25 shares for almost $3,000. And then they waited for their millions to come in.

For 18 years, the Bells got letters from Robbins promising that the legal battle was almost over. And, they were not alone: investigators say at least 10,000 people took the bait.

"She's one of the sweetest people you could ever meet," Donna said. "And if you get to meet her, you'll feel the same way."

So we went to meet Robbins at her office in Lexington. The visit went like this:

Charla:
Hello, how are you? I'm looking for Ms. Jewel.

Jewel:
Get out of here.

Charla:
Are you Ms. Jewel?

Jewel:
Please get out.

Charla:
Are you Ms. Jewel?

Jewel:
I can't say who I am.

Charla:
I think you are.

We wanted to ask her a few questions, but never got a chance.

Charla:
Are you Ms. Jewel Robbins?

Jewel:
Call the police. Now get out. Get out.

Charla:
OK. I'm giving you a chance to tell the truth.

She slammed the door in our face when we asked if she was scamming innocent people.

Turner told us "she was selling them essentially an interest in nothing."

The Attorney General's team won an injunction against Robbins three years ago to stop her from selling Spindletop interests and to refund money to anyone who requested it.

"Even if she were to recover something at some point in the future, it would not have allowed people to recover anything."

"I just hope that she sleeps well at night," said David and Donna's son, Andy.

Robbins has appeared in court many times for the Spindletop investments, but has never been convicted.

If you believe you have been taken, the Attorney General's office says put your request for a refund in writing, and send it to Ms. Robbins. Make sure you send a copy of that letter to the Attorney General's office as well.
curious onlooker

Mount Sterling, KY

#2261 Nov 5, 2011
Since this newstory she was convicted and charged with several felonies in ky.
Y-vet

Cincinnati, OH

#2262 Nov 28, 2011
Bobby wrote:
Why don't you people grow up If you new her the way that some of us do then you would know they are trying as hard as they possible can to finish this. All of you one day will be ashamed of yourselves for the way you have and are treating her, Ms. Jewell was 79 years old on Sept. 9th. Her health is not so good but yet she still continues to work for people like you, you should be ashamed of yourselves. I can tell by your chatter you know nothing. This money will be released one day when we don't but it will be released. So why don't you show a little gratitude for all they have done, and ask yourselves if you could done it I know I couldn't have.
Nice to see you on here Bobby, I agree with you whole heartedly. I keep her in my prayers continually. This reminds me of Joseph in the Bible. Many simularities wrongly accused, jailed, etc... then delivers everyone from famine. She will soon be exalted.
Just Sayin

Cincinnati, OH

#2263 Nov 28, 2011
dollardog wrote:
<quoted text>
well lets see here bobby, i have been involved since 1986, when did you get involved? are you a original or a newcomer from back in 2005, see i do know jewell i was brought into her scam being family, so dont tell me who she is or what she is, or who she will screw over, I KNOW! she isnt suppose to be working on this at all, she gave mercer her power of attorney to handle it all, she did everything wrong and illegal and she knew it, so do not come here telling us we dont know her or we owe her any type of graditude, you are so wrong, if you people that believe in her want to trust her so be it, prove to me why i should feel like you feel give me warranted info to prove she is doing anything, or has done anything to help us poor investors thst have paid her way for over 20 years, go ahead i am listening
The attorneys that drew up the Sale & assignment Papers are the ones that should be held accountable. They were trusted to draw up papers that would make this legal. They were in error for drawing them up, when it is illegal to sell shares in the outcome of a lawsuit to begin with. They seemed to feel they could get around this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deweyville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
vidor women are all drug addict trash Tue Lord Alucard 3
Organization called CPS (Aug '16) Jun 14 victorious 9
Thinking of moving Jun 14 victorious 3
Vidor is a horrible trashy place (Jun '12) May 26 Lord Alucard 40
Area Schools May 23 Truth speaker 2
vpd officer Laredo lying coward citizens beware... (Jun '13) May '17 Mamas baby 8
1999 Orange County Murder (Nov '09) May '17 jollene 5

Deweyville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Deweyville Mortgages