OSBI: Investigating the Investigators

OSBI: Investigating the Investigators

There are 93 comments on the Oklahoma Impact Team story from Apr 26, 2010, titled OSBI: Investigating the Investigators. In it, Oklahoma Impact Team reports that:

The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation claims it brings exceptional investigative service to the state of Oklahoma.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Oklahoma Impact Team.

fantasia

Binger, OK

#64 May 29, 2010
or maybe we should start a new forum on carisas family history,lets hear it for her family history!(insert applause)NOT!
mamajen

Tulsa, OK

#65 Jun 13, 2010
fantasia wrote:
yes who are these missing people there was also a darryl mckinney missing from weleetka he was actually from schulter he had ben gone since around christmas of 99 then a jackie urich that dissapeared from bryant back in 98 , a girl that i went to school with inhenryetta she moved to tulsa and they think her ex killed her and dumped her somewhere her name was latricia fipps,a man that used to be a friends stepdad named roy philips,and there was a guy and was a man and woman who dissapeared from out by tiger mountain on separate occasions they found only the mans truck and found the womans car and her cell phone out in the woods. im wanting to say the woman was a military person.
Im glad to know that Latricia has been remembered. I met her around 1994 and had become one of my dearest friends. My husband was aquainted with her boyfriend at the time. At the time that she disappeared he was her ex. It looks like someone in his group has finally flipped on him and told where he buried her. As for the OSBI and the Tulsa police dept, I don't know what they did if anything in the last 8 years. Who do you think they talked to? It certainly wasn't any of the people I know of surrounding the case.
JUSTICE FOR THE DEAD

Pauls Valley, OK

#69 Jun 17, 2010
Sign the Chanda Turner Reform Bill Petition:

www.justiceforthedead.com
Smarterthanyou

Oklahoma City, OK

#70 Jun 18, 2010
JUSTICE FOR THE DEAD wrote:
Sign the Chanda Turner Reform Bill Petition:
Lets make more laws that is what we need another law.

If law makers don't enforce the law or they are to incompetent to their job what good will another law do?

There are over 22,000 gun laws in America. I guess if we had 22,001 then gun crimes would cease.

Why not enforce the laws we have and hire competent people.
BUTSTILLNOTSMART ENOUGH

Pauls Valley, OK

#71 Jun 21, 2010
Suppose I'll bust ya on this thread too:

"If I read that text on that site correctly, the aim was REWRITE the CURRENT law and add avenues and provisions for appeal as well as to create a better policy for staffing the agency with COMPETENT people. You know what they say: Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to open your pie hole and erase all doubt. ;-)"

http://www.topix.com/forum/source/oklahoma-im...
desperate mom

Meeker, OK

#73 Jun 25, 2010
C Wright wrote:
Most of you obviously watch too much CSI on tv, where everthing is "solved." And, it's "solved" in the matter of less than one hour viewing time. Those guys are GOOD!! I invite each and everyone of you to learn the differences AND similiarities of "solved" vs. "cleared." Dont rely solely on how News9 brings you the "facts." I have a comment for most of you naysayers, but dont have the time to try to explain it to a herd of sheep. The men and women of the OSBI have my full support. Sure there are shortcomings in all aspects of law enforcement, but lets not forget our government, MEDIA, society, etc.... The fact is, these men and women will continue to do their jobs, which they dont get compensated for near enough, and they will do it to best of their abilities and within the limitations that are placed upon them.
If they have you FULL SUPPORT then apparently you are not one of use who have lost a love one and the case go unsloved due to neglect.
Desperate moms sister

Erick, OK

#74 Jun 25, 2010
desperate mom wrote:
<quoted text>
If they have you FULL SUPPORT then apparently you are not one of use who have lost a love one and the case go unsloved due to neglect.
Desperate mom you keep giving them heck, because your family is here and its not just one voice that they hear. cause if your voice is quite one of ours will take its place, SO IF ALL YOU FAMILY'S WOULD JOIN OUR FAMILY IMAGINE THE NOISE THAT OUR VOICES WOULD MAKE.
elm

Tulsa, OK

#76 Jun 28, 2010
horny reptile wrote:
I'm all for raping your kids as long as they agree to eat three servings of ice cream after a ball game.
I'm not certain what you are meaning by the ice cream thing, but anyone who would say they are all for raping children is a sick person!!! Even if you are so f**cked up in the head that you would joke about something like that, you should be ashamed of yourself!! I love it how you will get on here and say things like that, but you're too chicken shit to put your name cause you know someone would kill you for that!!! Go to HELL!!
WickedWitch

Duncan, OK

#77 Jun 29, 2010
The OSBI is a joke. Melissa Flores has been missing from Cordell, OK since January of 2007. When the OSBI agent was talking with some of her family members he said, "What do you want me to do? Search everything in a 5-mile radius and then if we don't find her go out another 5 miles?" Ummm, YES!

The entire case has been "handled" this way. The sheriff's officer in charge of the case threatened people who wanted to search for her that anyone who did would be charged with interfering in an investigation and messing with a crime scene if they found her.

The OSBI agent also said they couldn't afford to hire cadaver dogs to search. Someone close to the case found an agency willing to do it for free--the only proviso was that someone from LE request it. The OSBI agent refused to do so.

So, yeah, I have my doubts about how hard they work and how effective they are.
more info

Sallisaw, OK

#81 Jun 29, 2010
Does anyone remember the little girl i think her name was Dorene that was killed just outside of Panama out by the old bridge, She was riding her bike to Panama to a ball game from what i remember hearing. Did they ever find who killed her?
Ada OK

Mormon Lake, AZ

#82 Jun 29, 2010
C Wright wrote:
Most of you obviously watch too much CSI on tv, where everthing is "solved." And, it's "solved" in the matter of less than one hour viewing time. Those guys are GOOD!! I invite each and everyone of you to learn the differences AND similiarities of "solved" vs. "cleared." Dont rely solely on how News9 brings you the "facts." I have a comment for most of you naysayers, but dont have the time to try to explain it to a herd of sheep. The men and women of the OSBI have my full support. Sure there are shortcomings in all aspects of law enforcement, but lets not forget our government, MEDIA, society, etc.... The fact is, these men and women will continue to do their jobs, which they dont get compensated for near enough, and they will do it to best of their abilities and within the limitations that are placed upon them.
Which member or members of the O.S.B.I. are either your friends or relatives?
Ada OK

Mormon Lake, AZ

#83 Jun 29, 2010
citizen wrote:
Maybe the politician needs to ask the osbi why they don't want to prosecute one of their own. The recent sheriff (retired osbi agent) from mcintosh county that allowed his ex-con wife to work at the county jail and be around firearms that is a felony in this state.
Come to Pontotoc county. There are at least two law enforcement officers working and carrying guns who have felony convictions in their past, but some how these records got expunged when they were hired.
Ada OK

Mormon Lake, AZ

#84 Jun 29, 2010
Moody wrote:
<quoted text>
wasnt she a news 9 news reporter before she got this gig?
YEP!
JUSTICE FOR THE DEAD

Pauls Valley, OK

#86 Jul 1, 2010
Sign the Chanda Turner Reform Bill Peition here:

Henryetta Citizen

Okmulgee, OK

#88 Feb 2, 2011
There are a string of unsolved murders in Henryetta alone that are not actively being worked. Once another crime occurs it seems the last is forgotten. My grandmother keeps old newspaper clippings and I have looked through them
A scientist found skinned & hung in Hoffman during the 70's
A woman found murdered at frog hollor (sp?) on New Years in 1994
A man drug to death out at the lake back in the 80's
Oh & an interesting story about an unidentified woman found dead in Texas wearing only socks with a Holiday Inn box of matches from Henryetta, OK that is still to this day unidentified
2 little girls found shot to death on a country road
Numerous people have gone missing
The list goes on and on,
WHY DO WE NEVER HEAR ABOUT THESE STORIES?
A few may have flyers in store windows but there are so many that are just left alone. I would love to compile a list and form a concerned citizens group to ask questions about these crimes. What could it hurt?
fantasia

Okmulgee, OK

#89 Feb 10, 2011
Henryetta Citizen wrote:
There are a string of unsolved murders in Henryetta alone that are not actively being worked. Once another crime occurs it seems the last is forgotten. My grandmother keeps old newspaper clippings and I have looked through them
A scientist found skinned & hung in Hoffman during the 70's
A woman found murdered at frog hollor (sp?) on New Years in 1994
A man drug to death out at the lake back in the 80's
Oh & an interesting story about an unidentified woman found dead in Texas wearing only socks with a Holiday Inn box of matches from Henryetta, OK that is still to this day unidentified
2 little girls found shot to death on a country road
Numerous people have gone missing
The list goes on and on,
WHY DO WE NEVER HEAR ABOUT THESE STORIES?
A few may have flyers in store windows but there are so many that are just left alone. I would love to compile a list and form a concerned citizens group to ask questions about these crimes. What could it hurt?
because henryetta lives in unicorn lala land wherenothing bad ever happens the skys are blue and it rains gumdrops ,you can thank the freelance,the police the sherrifs dept and the mayor who only shits candy for the corruption and the ostrich syndrome they all suffer from.its been that way since i came here at the age of 4,before me and if no one changes it, it will be like this forever.the meth, pillheads, and the lead in the water doesnt help much either.welcome to hell hole the anus of america folks!
Jep1002

United States

#90 Sep 22, 2012
There are at least 5 to 10 girls from the pottawatomie county who have been missing since the 80's one of them is my cousin Sandy Rea. In our own investigation we have found tremendous corruption in the local law enforcement agency. Also for those of you out there who lost family members in the 80's, delbert lynch was convicted of murder in 89 of raping, burning and dumping the body of Cheryl Estes. His wife told my aunt back then that she thought that he killed at least 5 women. On one occasion she was at a well site with him, and hears screams coming from somewhere out side out the trailer they were in. Delbert ran outside was gone a few minutes then returned. The screams stopped and delbert never said a thing. This was a man who floated around several counties around Shawnee, wewoka, and Seminole areas. One of the main suspects in Sandys disappearence was the son of the lead investigator at the time, charlie Phillips, who's now retired. He even told the mother of sandy once that who knew about what happened to her, but the case would never be solved!!! What a piece of shit!! Another thing is most of all the people missing are not in the national data base. All on you who have family missing should find out.
robin

Punta Gorda, FL

#91 Jan 28, 2013
fantasia wrote:
<quoted text>because henryetta lives in unicorn lala land wherenothing bad ever happens the skys are blue and it rains gumdrops ,you can thank the freelance,the police the sherrifs dept and the mayor who only shits candy for the corruption and the ostrich syndrome they all suffer from.its been that way since i came here at the age of 4,before me and if no one changes it, it will be like this forever.the meth, pillheads, and the lead in the water doesnt help much either.welcome to hell hole the anus of america folks!
I would love to see that list. Several girls missing from Shawnee Ok also
ada citizen

Gulfport, MS

#92 Jan 29, 2013
i agree about osbi, they just need by bypass them and go straight to fbi, they never solve anything, in 97 two people in ada were shot in their beds while they slept and they never did anything about that, just sorry, can't figure it out. u know there had to be some clues somewhere. i guess that killer is still roaming around somewhere.
pappy

Plano, TX

#93 Mar 3, 2013
Some times if a person has been murdered and the murder is unsolved and little investigation is done it all depends on who you know if it gets fullly investigated---no one should be murdered and the crime l;eft unsolved. Someone has to speak up for them so they are not forgotten. From what I find on different forums there are lots of unsolved crimes--murders that is. And alot of them just go unsloved to be put in file 13 and forgotten.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dewar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Anchor Glass Container a good place to work?? (Sep '10) 3 hr Misscc 47
Why are Native Americans Black Skinned instead ... (Jul '12) Oct 12 harperlove 36
Unsolved homicide (Dec '10) Oct 8 lowereastsider 55
God Bless Honorable Kenneth Adair & Honorable D... Oct 4 Witness my Ha d 3
Henryetta Mayor in a Frenzy Oct 1 FYI 6
READ CNN reports in Okemah and Che otah Topix,,... Sep 22 R Collett 2
Dewar Police (Oct '08) Sep 18 WTF 20

Dewar Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dewar Mortgages