OSBI: Investigating the Investigators

OSBI: Investigating the Investigators

There are 87 comments on the Oklahoma Impact Team story from Apr 26, 2010, titled OSBI: Investigating the Investigators. In it, Oklahoma Impact Team reports that:

The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation claims it brings exceptional investigative service to the state of Oklahoma.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Oklahoma Impact Team.

“aka; lar”

Since: Sep 08

FIND THE JAMISON FAMILY!!!

#21 Apr 29, 2010
fantasia wrote:
yes who are these missing people there was also a darryl mckinney missing from weleetka he was actually from schulter he had ben gone since around christmas of 99 then a jackie urich that dissapeared from bryant back in 98 , a girl that i went to school with inhenryetta she moved to tulsa and they think her ex killed her and dumped her somewhere her name was latricia fipps,a man that used to be a friends stepdad named roy philips,and there was a guy and was a man and woman who dissapeared from out by tiger mountain on separate occasions they found only the mans truck and found the womans car and her cell phone out in the woods. im wanting to say the woman was a military person.
This sure is alot of missing people!

Thanks for posting some of the names, fantasia.
Brad

Oklahoma City, OK

#22 Apr 29, 2010
arm chair quarterbacks, all of ya.
Just Saying

Muskogee, OK

#23 Apr 29, 2010
Brad wrote:
arm chair quarterbacks, all of ya.
What is your point?
mom of murdered son

United States

#24 Apr 29, 2010
C Wright wrote:
Most of you obviously watch too much CSI on tv, where everthing is "solved." And, it's "solved" in the matter of less than one hour viewing time. Those guys are GOOD!! I invite each and everyone of you to learn the differences AND similiarities of "solved" vs. "cleared." Dont rely solely on how News9 brings you the "facts." I have a comment for most of you naysayers, but dont have the time to try to explain it to a herd of sheep. The men and women of the OSBI have my full support. Sure there are shortcomings in all aspects of law enforcement, but lets not forget our government, MEDIA, society, etc.... The fact is, these men and women will continue to do their jobs, which they dont get compensated for near enough, and they will do it to best of their abilities and within the limitations that are placed upon them.
This little sheep would like to know if you have ever had a family member murdered and have actually dealt directly with the OSBI? I have with my son's murder case in 2006. OSBI would not return my calls, my e-mails, and voice messages and...if they did; she would only beat around the bush basically with no details. We gave her several names of people to question; whether she did or not - who knows? She never let our family know if she did or didn't.

But as we searched for 5 days for our son, OSBI didn't hestitate to ask me and my husband if we planted our son's shoe and jacket in the field... which he left our home Sat night with those items on (that was the last time we saw him), so that would mean WE found our son's body, took one shoe and his jacket from him and then we put his body back in the lake where his body was recovered on a Thurs. Think about that for a moment, anyone with a lick of common sense should realize that is an imposssible, stupid accusation. The OSBI agent should have been smart enough to figure that one out. Guess it's always easier for OSBI to accuse the family first. Very disappointed in our OSBI and often wonder if one of their children were murdered - would they respond/act any differently; would it become more than just a paycheck to them.
Oklahoma Rose

United States

#25 Apr 29, 2010
The OSBI, just as all governmental agencies do when questioned or when they come under fire -- including the OCPD and the White House -- are dispensing rhetoric to cover their rearends. There are any number of events, all criminal, I have had (and still am having) inflicted on me and nothing, NOTHING, has been done. Not one thing, and that includes by idiots involved in the Murrah Bombing, idiots guilty of stalking and promoting crime out of St Louis, and that includes crimes against children. They do NOT do all they can where all investigations are concerned. There are any number of cases in this state where the OSBI, the OCPD, and the FBI are miserable failures. As is this state's judicial system: not just homicide, but narcotics investigations, terrorism investigations, gang violence and other crimes committed by the black community against whites, the list is endless!!! This state is 4th in the country for crimes against women and children and that is repugnant. This state needs to take a harder stance against crime, including those committed by juveniles and garbage from other states. It needs to start prosecuting blacks for hate crimes committed against whites just as they expect every white person on the planet to not only put up with their crap -- regardless of the crimes committed -- but move the hell over. I, for one, am sick of it!!! And I am damn sure sick of being kept a victim by the system.

“aka; lar”

#26 Apr 29, 2010
mom of murdered son wrote:
<quoted text>
This little sheep would like to know if you have ever had a family member murdered and have actually dealt directly with the OSBI? I have with my son's murder case in 2006. OSBI would not return my calls, my e-mails, and voice messages and...if they did; she would only beat around the bush basically with no details. We gave her several names of people to question; whether she did or not - who knows? She never let our family know if she did or didn't.
But as we searched for 5 days for our son, OSBI didn't hestitate to ask me and my husband if we planted our son's shoe and jacket in the field... which he left our home Sat night with those items on (that was the last time we saw him), so that would mean WE found our son's body, took one shoe and his jacket from him and then we put his body back in the lake where his body was recovered on a Thurs. Think about that for a moment, anyone with a lick of common sense should realize that is an imposssible, stupid accusation. The OSBI agent should have been smart enough to figure that one out. Guess it's always easier for OSBI to accuse the family first. Very disappointed in our OSBI and often wonder if one of their children were murdered - would they respond/act any differently; would it become more than just a paycheck to them.
I'm very sorry you have had to go through this.

Did this take place in Okfuskee county?
Kenneth B

United States

#27 Apr 29, 2010
Oklahoma State Sureau of Idiots. Why cant they just admit when they can't solve a few crimes, and ask for help from the F.B.I. Those two little girls who were gunned down in cold blood needs to be solved at all cost. 18 hourts in a ice storm get over it, I pumped oil out of the ground in Okilahoma for 7 days straight 24 hours a day in a ice storm, are you telling me that oil is more important than solving someones brutal death.
O.S.B.I. is good at one thing though getting meth off the street, but a pot smoker gets the same 20 yrs. as a meth manufacturer. Common sense give the meth maker 40 yrs and the pot smoker probation. Just as a murderer of two little innocent girls should get the death penalty, and someone who beats a child mollester half to death should get a reward not prison, and thats my 2-cents. Mr Ogle.
Please commint at my e-mail address [email protected]}
Kenneth B

United States

#28 Apr 29, 2010
Ok, Ok I was wrong I should not have gone off and called them Oklahoma state bureau of idiots, I dont know any of the agents personally, but I do know that there are some very good investigators who feel like I do on some matters, not all. But their hands are tied by government burocacy. For the good ones who became special investigators to solve the tuff crimes my hat is off to you and I thank you! But for the agency as a wholek, the shot callers if you will, you need to go to back to college, and tell them all the book knowledge you were tought just is not enough, sometime you just have to have common sense which some of you either never had or lost it in college. Father GOD gave us common sense so that us humans could do the right thing while handling these problems.
So for all the agents I so wrongly accused of being idiots I am very SORRY and please keep up the good work.
I have alot more to say but this is just my opionion on things but im just an old roughneck, with common sense about what I do, but if for some reason I had to try to solve the murder of innocent people especially young children I would do whatever it took to bring the guilty to justice. Even asking for help to whomever I had to ask. I would put pride in the back seat, no I would throw pride out the door and ask whoever might help even if it was a homeless person down on Reno st. I and when the news channle did their job in reporting it,"which is Kelly's job I would the camera in the eye and told everyone in Oklahoma that I was having a tough time solving the case but I am out do everytyhing I can to bring justice. I personally would not be able to sleep until I found the guilty. I would not care what the public said about asking the homeless or anyone for that matter for help. I would rather them think I was incompetent with a strong will to get the job done, than to show them that I cant get the job after i assured them that I would solve it.
Well any'who, ok got that off my chest.
There is alot of crimes in Oklahoma that I want solved, but the one that hurts my heart is the two little girls brutally gunned down. I have little girls and that could have been them, and I would want JUSTICE.
Bewildered

Anadarko, OK

#29 Apr 30, 2010
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>What is your point?
So, you feel that no-one is entitled to an opinion unless they are directly involved in the investigation?
Bewildered

Anadarko, OK

#30 Apr 30, 2010
Ooopps..That was intended for the 'Armchair quarterback' post. SORRY!
mom of murdered son

United States

#31 Apr 30, 2010
gobills wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm very sorry you have had to go through this.
Did this take place in Okfuskee county?
Wagoner County -- where the good ole buddy system was in place (in 2006).
Moody

Lancaster, TX

#32 Apr 30, 2010
hollywood wrote:
miss jessica "i'm so perty,look at my perty hair" is a real bulls*itter theyre all trying to cover their asses,i guess miss jess is a distraction for the media i think instead of calling her the OSBI spokesperson she should be called THE OSBI SPOKESMODEL"I KNOW WE ARE THE BEST, BECAUSE I AM SO PERTY,JUST LOOK AT MY BEEAAUTIFULLL EARRINGS".Can anyone remember the last REAL murder case they solved and what and when was it?
wasnt she a news 9 news reporter before she got this gig?

“Taste the Rainbow”

Since: Jul 08

Houston, TX

#33 Apr 30, 2010
Moody wrote:
<quoted text>
That was Cherokee Ballard of the ME's office. I think maybe she worked for channel 5

“Jesus beat satan”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#34 Apr 30, 2010
They've always been this way haven't they? Oh, twenty years ago or so, my ex was murdered by his new catholic wife. OSBI barely did any investigation. She went to jail overnight,(where one of my Uncles was a jailer) and they let her go the next day. Oh WELL! Reckon they get extra payment to let these kind of cases go?

“aka; lar”

#35 Apr 30, 2010
mom of murdered son wrote:
<quoted text>
Wagoner County -- where the good ole buddy system was in place (in 2006).
From what I've read, the "good ole boy" system is still alive and well in Oklahoma!
Bewildered

United States

#36 Apr 30, 2010
Moody wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes she worked for one of the TV channels - just not sure which.

If Justa is right about Cherokee Ballard, how long will it be before Linda Cavaunagh pops up working for Dept of Human Services?

;)
grrcattle

Oklahoma City, OK

#37 Apr 30, 2010
For years the people of Oklahoma have been asking for some type of review of the OSBI - just like now - they are trying to cover up -
mud duck

Norman, OK

#38 May 1, 2010
wolves investigating wolves, on who got the chicken is a waste of money. Feds should investigate OSBI or the truth wont come out
weleetka 1

Binger, OK

#39 May 2, 2010
Moody wrote:
<quoted text>
yup,yup
Moody

Nashville, TN

#40 May 3, 2010
weleetka 1 wrote:
<quoted text>yup,yup
How is she qualified?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dewar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
STD taking over H town 13 hr LisaJ9 5
Tired of BS from BS Aug 21 LisaJ9 10
ELECTED county workers paid $62,496.00 per year. (Jan '16) Aug 21 Hunka Baitey 13
Okmulgee County Court house (Apr '11) Aug 11 Rhama Muldein 55
Chief Pangle (Aug '13) Jul 29 MickeyD 12
Weleetka t mart Jul 29 Foodforthought 7
David Mcleland Jul 29 YES 3

Dewar Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dewar Mortgages