OSBI: Investigating the Investigators

Full story: Oklahoma Impact Team

The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation claims it brings exceptional investigative service to the state of Oklahoma.
Comments
1 - 20 of 85 Comments Last updated Jan 31, 2014
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Richard Bork

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

Sounds, to me like we need Someone more willing, and responsible to step up!

“Taste the Rainbow”

Since: Jul 08

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

Judged:

Sure wish they would just admit they could do a better job and get to work on how to do so rather than trying to deceive because they are too "proud" to admit they aren't very good.

Where is the sense of accountability these days? We are talking about serious crimes here and all they want to do is point the finger somewhere else when they don't get it right. I have little faith in them.
Brad

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

Judged:

Why such strong criticism of the OSBI and yet News9 takes every opportunity to promote the health care authority with that Insure Oklahoma BS. I'm glad that our OSBI agents are now too busy to solve crimes because they're all out researching case statistics for news 9. To bad we can't probe News9 and their shortcomings in the way they do the OSBI. Everyone has to point a finger.

“Taste the Rainbow”

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

Judged:

Brad wrote:
Why such strong criticism of the OSBI and yet News9 takes every opportunity to promote the health care authority with that Insure Oklahoma ****. I'm glad that our OSBI agents are now too busy to solve crimes because they're all out researching case statistics for news 9. To bad we can't probe News9 and their shortcomings in the way they do the OSBI. Everyone has to point a finger.
News 9's practices are also questionable.... I did find it interesting that they ran this piece after they also were made aware that viewers were disgusted in their approach of Aja's father when she was found...

I have all but stopped watching news9 because of this. I just tune in in the mornings now and will always listen to Gary England..

OSBI could desparately use some much needed improvement. They should focus on their weak spots and try to learn more.
Tina Beel

Seminole, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

Judged:

Also my sister case remains unsolved. Her case has bene unsolved since January 1, 1994.
Patient

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

Judged:

Everyone knows these guys are dead heads. They can't even figure out a semi driver RAN a stop sign and nearly killed a citizen with the RIGHT OF WAY! THEY ARE STUPID LIKE A CHILD! Never able to actually figure out ONE ounce of reality, what actually happened. Their NOSE is stuck too high in the air!
Dale

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

Judged:

Investigating and solving these crimes is the hardest job in the world. It is like putting together a puzzle and coming up with enough concrete evidence to take to a court of law. That court may discount everything you have done and only allow one little piece, then you can only hope for a conviction. Modern science has helped but most cases are solved by pure dumb luck. Look at how they caught Tim McVie, just happened to made a traffic stop. Another mile and he would have been gone. OSBI only gets the hardest cases. The easy cases are handled by the local PD's. Now having said all that, I am sure there are improvements that can be made at OSBI. They and we, should always be looking at ways to improve the system
hollywood

Binger, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

Judged:

miss jessica "i'm so perty,look at my perty hair" is a real bulls*itter theyre all trying to cover their asses,i guess miss jess is a distraction for the media i think instead of calling her the OSBI spokesperson she should be called THE OSBI SPOKESMODEL"I KNOW WE ARE THE BEST, BECAUSE I AM SO PERTY,JUST LOOK AT MY BEEAAUTIFULLL EARRINGS".Can anyone remember the last REAL murder case they solved and what and when was it?

“Taste the Rainbow”

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

Judged:

hollywood wrote:
miss jessica "i'm so perty,look at my perty hair" is a real bulls*itter theyre all trying to cover their ****,i guess miss jess is a distraction for the media i think instead of calling her the OSBI spokesperson she should be called THE OSBI SPOKESMODEL"I KNOW WE ARE THE BEST, BECAUSE I AM SO PERTY,JUST LOOK AT MY BEEAAUTIFULLL EARRINGS".Can anyone remember the last REAL murder case they solved and what and when was it?
Jeez, are you for real here? You aren't helping the legitimate cause for wanting a more efficient OSBI.
Just Saying

Muskogee, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

Judged:

hollywood wrote:
miss jessica "i'm so perty,look at my perty hair" is a real bulls*itter theyre all trying to cover their ****,i guess miss jess is a distraction for the media i think instead of calling her the OSBI spokesperson she should be called THE OSBI SPOKESMODEL"I KNOW WE ARE THE BEST, BECAUSE I AM SO PERTY,JUST LOOK AT MY BEEAAUTIFULLL EARRINGS".Can anyone remember the last REAL murder case they solved and what and when was it?
Good question! I would like to know how many cases have been solved by an female agent by the name of Lyons. I don't think she could find her own butt with both hands.
C Wright

Allen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

Judged:

Most of you obviously watch too much CSI on tv, where everthing is "solved." And, it's "solved" in the matter of less than one hour viewing time. Those guys are GOOD!! I invite each and everyone of you to learn the differences AND similiarities of "solved" vs. "cleared." Dont rely solely on how News9 brings you the "facts." I have a comment for most of you naysayers, but dont have the time to try to explain it to a herd of sheep. The men and women of the OSBI have my full support. Sure there are shortcomings in all aspects of law enforcement, but lets not forget our government, MEDIA, society, etc.... The fact is, these men and women will continue to do their jobs, which they dont get compensated for near enough, and they will do it to best of their abilities and within the limitations that are placed upon them.
URAASS

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

Judged:

Investigating the investigators? Is that like a fox in the chicken house?
ME TO

Kingfisher, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

Judged:

How about investigating the State Legistation? Leave the OSBI alone to do the very hard task they have to perform. As a former State Employee, the job assignment I was on required me to go to the OSBI office quite often and they were all there working their B____S off non-stop! I'm sure there are some bad agents in their agency, but not nearly as many as there are in other State Dept (DHS comes up frequently - investigate their lazy A__ES and you will find a whole lot of bad workers!) Being in law enforcement is not an easy job and when you hear so many people putting down your work only makes it that much harder. Nobody is perfect, but I think the OSBI is doing the best they possibly can. I'm sorry they haven't been able to solve every crime they have had assigned to them, but then neither could the local law enforcement or the OSBI wouldn't have been called in, in the first place.
Richard

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

Judged:

OSBI is also hesitant to investigate citizen complaints against county sheriff departments and town police departments across the entire state. Sometimes these departments are as dangerous as the criminals.
weleetka1

Binger, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

Judged:

C Wright wrote:
Most of you obviously watch too much CSI on tv, where everthing is "solved." And, it's "solved" in the matter of less than one hour viewing time. Those guys are GOOD!! I invite each and everyone of you to learn the differences AND similiarities of "solved" vs. "cleared." Dont rely solely on how News9 brings you the "facts." I have a comment for most of you naysayers, but dont have the time to try to explain it to a herd of sheep. The men and women of the OSBI have my full support. Sure there are shortcomings in all aspects of law enforcement, but lets not forget our government, MEDIA, society, etc.... The fact is, these men and women will continue to do their jobs, which they dont get compensated for near enough, and they will do it to best of their abilities and within the limitations that are placed upon them.
it would be nice to have a crime solved before we all get old and die sometime so that the person who committed the crime could be properly punished, i have heard too many stories of people finding bodies and evidence that was walked over or missed just not enough investigative skills sounds like to me.sugar coat it the way you want osbi has.

“aka; lar”

Since: Sep 08

FIND THE JAMISON FAMILY!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

Judged:

ACTIONS,speak louder than WORDS!
Carisa

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

Judged:

Unless you've actually been in the field investigating a murder, it would be prudent not to jump to conclusions. This isn't TV. This is real life. There are unsolved murders all over the world. Inconsistent witness statements, tampered evidence, missing evidence, people who would obstruct justice because of a loved one that was involved -- there are many things that can cause an ivestigation to come to a screeching halt. OSBI has my support, as well. For every murder case they haven't solved, there have been others they have. If it wasn't for them, we'd have more crime than order, so bashing them any chance you get out of contempt, hate, or just plain self-righteous bitterness is childish at best. They work hours that most of us wouldn't think of sacrificing. They deserve respect for being in a field that requires them to exhaust themselves, physically, emotionally, and mentally.
Stop generalizing the productivity and usefulness of a department as a whole because of the ineptitude of a few. You all work. You know as well as anyone else that there's always a few "bad apples" in every work force. The only way to stop that from happening is taking the human nature out of each and every one of us.
KRIS

Binger, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2010

Judged:

DREAM ON LADY.my brother in law is missing,we live between okmulgee county and mcintosh, pretty sure he was murdered and noone hardly even investigated or did anything.my wife and her family are waiting .waiting and still waiting. he didnt even make the missing persons list.seems like authorities just dont care.

“aka; lar”

Since: Sep 08

FIND THE JAMISON FAMILY!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2010

Judged:

KRIS wrote:
DREAM ON LADY.my brother in law is missing,we live between okmulgee county and mcintosh, pretty sure he was murdered and noone hardly even investigated or did anything.my wife and her family are waiting .waiting and still waiting. he didnt even make the missing persons list.seems like authorities just dont care.
Kris, can you tell us the name of your brother in law? I've only heard of the Jamison family missing.
fantasia

Binger, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2010

Judged:

yes who are these missing people there was also a darryl mckinney missing from weleetka he was actually from schulter he had ben gone since around christmas of 99 then a jackie urich that dissapeared from bryant back in 98 , a girl that i went to school with inhenryetta she moved to tulsa and they think her ex killed her and dumped her somewhere her name was latricia fipps,a man that used to be a friends stepdad named roy philips,and there was a guy and was a man and woman who dissapeared from out by tiger mountain on separate occasions they found only the mans truck and found the womans car and her cell phone out in the woods. im wanting to say the woman was a military person.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dewar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OK OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 1 hr WarForOil 74,785
Dewar Administration salaries (Jan '13) 21 hr ihds 36
Only 55 days left to vote for OG Thompson for M... Tue Lol 7
OK Who do you support for Governor in Oklahoma in ... (Oct '10) Aug 19 Dennis 2,602
opd Aug 19 Opie Dee 4
AMERICA is LOST thanks to YOU the smartest Amer... Aug 18 Best in Beggs 9
Pension System "Rips Henryetta City Manager Ray... (Mar '13) Aug 17 Concerned Henryettan 22

Search the Dewar Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Dewar Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Dewar People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Dewar News, Events & Info