Henryetta Needs A Change

Posted in the Dewar Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
concerned citizen

Okmulgee, OK

#1 Mar 2, 2011
Make a difference VOTE for some new council members.lets get some new things done for Herryetta that has been needed done for years!!!! VOTE for Mickey Dombek Ward 1 and Audie Cole Ward 2!!!!!
concerned citizen 2

Okmulgee, OK

#2 Mar 2, 2011
If you want a change around here then by all means run for council. I don't see voting in old city employees a change. If we don't get new fresh ideas and people things will never change. Those two have already proven they aren't going to change anything for the better!! At least what we have has made a little bit of a difference. I'm sticking with what we have. No going backwards for me!!
concerned citizen 2

Okmulgee, OK

#3 Mar 2, 2011
Oh and you posted we need new council members to get NEW things for Henryetta that has needed done for YEARS....Hey guess what those two worked for the city all those years if they didn't do it then, then why would you think they would now?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#4 Mar 3, 2011
concerned citizen 2 wrote:
Oh and you posted we need new council members to get NEW things for Henryetta that has needed done for YEARS....Hey guess what those two worked for the city all those years if they didn't do it then, then why would you think they would now?
I completely agree with you!!!
Paul

United States

#5 Mar 4, 2011
Yeha
concerned citizen

Okmulgee, OK

#6 Mar 5, 2011
audie cole served as police chief of henryetta for 7 years, that says alot, how many former chiefs held that position that long?he wants to try to get a new grocery store in here so over half of henryetta will spend their money here instead of in okmulgee or checotah.also would like to do something about our outrageous water rates,all the water leaks all over town ,(that have been there forever)also our street repair(thatwas supposed to be finished along time ago,and alot of other things to numerous to list.mickey dombek was a former mayor havent,but havent you ever learned from your past and vow to do better next time,he also wants henryetta to be alot better for everyone not just a chosen few, we need for everyone to be treated equal.
okbluzman79

Collinsville, OK

#7 Mar 6, 2011
concerned citizen wrote:
Make a difference VOTE for some new council members.lets get some new things done for Herryetta that has been needed done for years!!!! VOTE for Mickey Dombek Ward 1 and Audie Cole Ward 2!!!!!
Henryetta doesn't need a "change". It needs an ENEMA!
Buck Sheward

United States

#8 Mar 6, 2011
A little bit of difference for perhaps special interest groups and that was accomplished by violating a code of ethics before and after they took office. There are yes people running this town who are way in over their heads; but they know how to say yes!
For five decades (50 years) the citizens of Henryetta have endured recycling of the same city council members; with the same results. Look around! It is disgusting. That's 300 councilmen plus a mayor and a city manager that have pecked at Henryetta issues and for the most part failed! Why! Lo The answer is in the streets. Look at the residential areas with trash in the yards; blocked alleys with mobile homes; the landscape of our community trashed beyond belief; trash entrys on both sides of town; the skewed budget to preferential departments; unsolved murders with ties to the Henryetta Police Department; councilmen who can't read financials but approve them within 5 minutes of a meeting, etc. It goes on and on.
Fresh blood has came forward only to be wore out by personal agendas; thousands of in kind hours have been contributed towards grant programs only to be dropped because they did not meet a personal agenda. No one is coming forward without major reform in Henryetta and that may very well take a Grand Jury and/or support from the Attorney General. There are red flags everywhere. Corruption is the cornerstone of politics in Henryetta necessitating a complete turnover of civic leaders.
At the present time, the citiens of Henryetta are collateral damage at the whim of a select few.
concerned citizen 2 wrote:
If you want a change around here then by all means run for council. I don't see voting in old city employees a change. If we don't get new fresh ideas and people things will never change. Those two have already proven they aren't going to change anything for the better!! At least what we have has made a little bit of a difference. I'm sticking with what we have. No going backwards for me!!
Former Henryettan

United States

#9 Mar 10, 2011
I agree with Buck Seward.

BEing a former Henryettan, I have to say I feel ashamed having lived there. It's a skunk pisshole. The city of Henryetta has had many opporuntities to change things for the better. It's a matter of time before Anchor folds up it's business. As a matter of fact, Anchor has been involved in several events that has caused people to ask not"IF" but "When" the company will close shop. For those who are in the city's corrupt ways, you better think again about the value of your properties. I wouldn't pay a heavily discounted price for property if I know the turnover in Henryetta is shameful. In that, I'm saying your properties, no matter the price, will be very difficult to turnover. Henryetta is way too gone to recover. It has been already been 2 generations and nothing has changed except things have become worse.

I know people want the city to change. I know corruption has diseased the city. If you know of corruption, it has become much easier to report it to the proper authorities and do it anonomously. Case in point, the Securities Exchange Commission will investigate securities fraud which includes bonds (city bonds) and man other investments. The IRS investigates tax issues and will pay people for turning in criminals. Of course, there are other agencies that could investigate. The people of Henryetta need to shape up and report these things. Keep the reporting secret, a tight knit group of people should only know. Don't brag about it during the shakeup simply lead the investigators to the criminal activity. Run the bad people out, let's allow new ideas to be introduced and at least try them.
Concerned

United States

#10 Feb 23, 2012
Yep
Mark and Marie

Henryetta, OK

#11 Jan 4, 2013
We were looking at two story house on W Cummings and 2nd street went by late to check it out, when we saw neighbor yelling and chasing a car trying to go into the alley. This scared my wife and young man in white vehicle seem to be on something to us the way he was yelling and threatening persons in the car. When we left we over heard police and older man saying he was just trying to go home and alley was his access after that we have decided Henryetta is not the safe country town we thought for our family. This was 1/3/2013 in evening scared wife and kids so it is to bad guess maybe why area has not grown much if neighbors act like this.
Buck Sheward

United States

#12 Jan 12, 2013
I will be running for the Ward 4 City Council seat in the Municipal Election on 2 April 2013. Help me make a difference by voting for me on that date. I can assure you of change in a proactive manner with integrity, fiscal responsibility, and accountability of the position.
Thanks
The Dude

Okmulgee, OK

#13 Feb 9, 2013
Buck Sheward wrote:
I will be running for the Ward 4 City Council seat in the Municipal Election on 2 April 2013. Help me make a difference by voting for me on that date. I can assure you of change in a proactive manner with integrity, fiscal responsibility, and accountability of the position.
Thanks
Don't make promises to the citizens you can't keep Mr. Sheward. Integrity is one thing you simply do not posess.
Lets get Nasty

United States

#16 Feb 10, 2013
Elect Ron Ballard for City Counilman and Party Down on Main Street. Free Beer for Votes..!
toe up

Bristow, OK

#17 Feb 11, 2013
and free meth snow cones with loritab sprinkles!
ALA PENUTBUTRSANDWCH S

Bristow, OK

#18 Feb 11, 2013
henryetta needs to be toe up from the flo up and started all over again make the druggies clean it up literally!
Cecila - Part 1

United States

#23 Feb 13, 2013
Henryetta facing court battle with OFPRB
Legal showdown expected over Raymond Eldridge’s firefighter pension benefits
By HERMAN BROWN
Okmulgee Daily Times
The Oklahoma Firefighters Pension and Retirement Board is moving ahead with legal action against the City of Henryetta. The OFPRB will challenge City Manager Raymond Eldridge’s claims of service as a firefighter since his permanent promotion to city manager.
OFPRB executive director Robert Jones discussed the conflict Thursday afternoon during a telephone interview.
The question is whether City of Henryetta can count Eldridge’s dual employment as volunteer city manager and paid fire marshal to establish his pension rate in the retirement program. The OFPRB will seek a legal ruling to block Eldridge from claiming over five years of credited service as a firefighter.
The second issue involves Eldridge using his “city manager pay” rate to establish his future monthly pension benefits as a retired firefighter. Jones said such an attempt, if successful, would increase his retirement pay to a level far exceeding a Henryetta firefighter’s salary.
The third issue is also a key element in the legal dispute. According to Jones, Eldridge is not currently working full-time as a firefighter – and has not done so for several years. The OFPRB contends Eldridge is being paid by the City of Henryetta at a rate of a city manager. Jones discounts the City of Henryetta’s claims that Eldridge is paid strictly as a fire marshal and is unofficially volunteering as city manager.
Several Henryetta residents complained earlier that Eldridge took the long-vacant fire marshal’s post as a way to maintain a link to the HFD to remain in the firefighters’ pension plan. It is believed that the post remained vacant for 17 years until Eldridge took it.
Jones said Eldridge’s pay as the Henryetta fire marshal is 60 percent more than the current fire chief’s pay.
Eldridge was a career fire fighter and rose to the rank of fire chief. His early years in the HFD are not in question. However, the conflict arose when he was permanently promoted to city manager. He moved into the city manager’s office and took over administrator duties for the city of Henryetta. Despite the promotion, Eldridge retained his title of fire chief. In doing so, he attempted to remain in the state firefighters’ pension program.
The conflict unfolded when Eldridge was informed that he could not serve simultaneously as full-time city manager and also hold down his role as fire chief. With the majority support of a divided city council, Eldridge resigned as the fire chief and was replaced in that position. However, he reportedly revived and took over the vacant fire marshal’s job in the Henryetta Fire Department. He apparently resigned as the city manager’s post but continues to act in an unofficial capacity.
The OFPRB executive director alleges the moves by Eldridge and the Henryetta City Council do not comply with state regulations governing participation in the firefighters’ retirement program.
The conflict between the OFPRB and the City of Henryetta has impacted more than just Eldridge and his future retirement pension. Jones said his office rejected, for a while, the retirement benefit payments for all of the Henryetta firefighters. The City of Henryetta was sending one payment twice a month to cover all HFD employees. The OFPRB would not accept the payments because Raymond Eldridge’s contribution was included with all the others.
“But, finally, they agreed to separate his (Eldridge’s) contribution from the others,” Jones said.“Once they did that, we began accepting all the other firefighters’ contributions.”
As for Eldridge, his retirement payments continue to arrive at the Oklahoma City office twice per month.
Cecila - Part 2

United States

#24 Feb 13, 2013
“We reject each one,” said Jones.“And we will continue to do so.”
Jones admits to being frustrated with the City of Henryetta’s approach to the Eldridge case.
“I have been doing this for 17 years,” he said.“I’ve never seen anything like it. I believed that once they understood the situation, they’d do the right thing. I thought it was just a misunderstanding. I’ve long-since abandoned that idea.”
In a related note, Jones said there was some disagreement on what the state law intended in the regulations related to the firefighters’ retirement fund. The issue was taken to the Legislature and clarity was added to the wording.
“You can’t serve as a mayor or city manager and fire chief at the same time,” the executive director said.“We brought this to his attention. You have to be a full-time firefighter or you are dropped from the pension plan. He is not a full-time fire fighter.”
The OFPRB director’s most recent encounter with Eldridge and the Henryetta City Council came in December 2011. He was placed upon the council’s monthly agenda to provide face-to-face dialogue with the elected Henryetta
officials. To his way of thinking, it was a wasted trip from Oklahoma City.
The city’s legal counsel announced plans to bring legal action against the Oklahoma Firefighters Pension and Retirement Board. Because of the pending suit, council members were advised to not ask questions during Jones’ appearance at the council meeting. He provided an overview of the Eldridge case and explained issues. However, he did not receive any feedback or questions due to the attorney’s recommendation.
Jones returned to Oklahoma City to share information with the 13-member pension board.
In February, Jones again presented details to the pension board. The director said Eldridge is “attempting to establish continuing credited service as a firefighter with the active cooperation of the City.”
Jones contends Eldridge can’t legally earn credit as a firefighter based upon his role as fire marshal at the Henryetta Fire Department. State regulations will not allow Eldridge to receive those firefighter credits under his current status.
After hearing the update on Henryetta, OFPRB trustee Jim Long of the Tulsa Fire Department made a motion to take the legal action against the City of Henryetta. The motion was related to the city manager’s alleged service as a firefighter while serving as the permanent city manager. The motion was adopted by a 10-0 vote.
The next step will be to force the Henryetta City Council into a court hearing to explain and defend the actions in the Eldridge case.
“We are preparing to file a petition in district court,” said Jones.“I have already talked to our legal counsel and am waiting on him to prepare the petition.”
Jones anticipates the petition will be filed in Okmulgee County district court. However, the final decision on where to file the case will be based on a recommendation of the legal counsel.
The executive director is confident the pension board is acting in the proper manner. He looks forward to a resolution that will protect the pension fund from what he believes would be excessive retirement payments based upon a city manager’s pay rate instead of a firefighter.
“I can’t let this go,” he said.“It is not right. I have never seen a city take this position before. They normally get in line when they see what it is. It never occurred to me a city council would allow this to continue. I assumed at first that the city council was not given all the fact. But that is not the case. They elected to sue us. I’ve not seen anything from them on it and I have not been served. So I don’t know what they are doing on it. But we are moving ahead with our petition and will file it as soon as it is finished. I don’t know exactly how long that will be, but probably within weeks.”
Diane Adams

Tulsa, OK

#25 Feb 21, 2013
Well I guess you can post that at the City council meeting they stated that the judge ruled in Mr. Eldridges favor said the OFPRB and the crack pots had no evidence that Mr. Eldridge was frauding the pension board. Oh the looks on the accusers faces, looked like they lost their best friend when it was read.PRICELESS. lol
Roger

New York, NY

#30 Feb 25, 2013
Thanks Eldridge; we've seen it on all of the threads. Running scared are you???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dewar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beggs Lawyer arrested on felony D.U.I. will he... (Aug '14) Aug 28 Carl Jones 4
Robert Hardridge will NOT seek Re-Election for ... (Feb '14) Aug 24 Margaret 7
10,000 dollar reward!!!!11 Aug 21 whodoneit 8
News Chouteau Educator Jailed On Sex Abuse Complaint (Aug '09) Aug 21 Augusta Jackson 221
weleetka train/car collission in 1948 (Aug '10) Aug 17 concerned citizen 2
does pam make a good lube? (Nov '13) Aug 17 concerned citizen 3
O.G. Thompson Blames Sheriff for all his PROBLEMS. (May '14) Aug 16 Luca 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dewar Mortgages