The former Ryan's
Goodfellow

Independence, WV

#1 May 14, 2013
It seems odd to me that this prime location can't be filled with, say, a Golden Corral or a locally-based family restaurant. Whenever we went there, the store was busy, so perhaps it was the demise of the entire franchise. Negotiating the parking lot was a little tricky, but that could be fixed.

If you had something like what is based in New Martinsville (Quinet's/Court Restaurant), that would be a license to print money.
anon

United States

#2 May 19, 2013
Ryans still exists elsewhere. Myrtle Beach has a great one. The local one closed due to repeat health code violations that would cost more to fix than they could hope to make in 30 years so it was cheaper to close down. That's the main reason nobody wants to touch that building now.
Goodfellow

Independence, WV

#3 May 21, 2013
anon wrote:
Ryans still exists elsewhere. Myrtle Beach has a great one. The local one closed due to repeat health code violations that would cost more to fix than they could hope to make in 30 years so it was cheaper to close down. That's the main reason nobody wants to touch that building now.
Thanks for the reply...sounds like a "Restaurant: Impossible" episode in the making. One wonders if this was a long-term (i.e. since the beginning of the restaurant) situation and, if so, how it was allowed to get to that point. Surely the corporate hierarchy could not have been pleased that a franchisee went south in an area that desperately needs such a restaurant.
Kendra

Scott Depot, WV

#4 Oct 18, 2013
There's a Ryan's in Charleston. It's not too bad on most days.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Devola Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kenny "KC" Casada (Feb '10) Jun 30 Dead beat 28
Fireworks-from out of town Jun 27 MC Mom 1
Justice for Patsy Sparks Jun 25 jwhipkey 1
boat rentals in marietta area Jun 22 mirazephr 2
News Child Molester Found Guilty (Sep '09) Jun 20 peddles 17
Free collection of photos (Nov '13) Jun 7 Ryan 4
camping in or near beverly Jun 6 A Person Of Interest 3
More from around the web

Devola People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE