First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Keep updates

Campbellsville, KY

#41 Jun 10, 2012
Still not many updates, i will be there on thursday and will post an update, ive checked out the beach cams but cant really tell if there is grass or moss in the water. I have noticed alot of rain, hopefully that clears out soon.
Eville bowler

United States

#42 Jun 10, 2012
There seemed to be lots of grass and seaweed around. Waters were very rough all week I was there. The last 2 days hve been double red flags so the waters are closed. Friday 2 people drowned around destin. We went on a dolphin cruise Thursday and the waters were so bad that the captain told us he had seen 5 boats go under that day alone.
Keep updates

Elizabethtown, KY

#43 Jun 11, 2012
Wow, thats terrible, i have a little one and last year the waves where pretty bad so i had to keep her out of the water for most of the week, sure hope it \calms down and the june grass stays away, will be arriving on thursday the 14 of june
in sandestin now

Destin, FL

#44 Jun 11, 2012
I am here. Double red flags since saturday. Big surf and lots of June Grass. Maybe tomorrow will be better...
in sandestin now

Destin, FL

#45 Jun 11, 2012
in sandestin now wrote:
I am here. Double red flags since saturday. Big surf and lots of June Grass. Maybe tomorrow will be better...

Big storm Saturday and Sunday, moved out today though and was overcast this afternoon. How long does grass stay after storm typically?
in sandestin now

Destin, FL

#46 Jun 12, 2012
One red and one purple flag today. Jellyfish present.
Jim

Panama City, FL

#47 Jun 12, 2012
Every thing is clear in Panama City Beach, no june grass or jellyish, but the water is rough.
fisherman

United States

#48 Jun 12, 2012
Is there any June grass in the destin area?
in sandestin now

Destin, FL

#49 Jun 12, 2012
fisherman wrote:
Is there any June grass in the destin area?
yes all the way to Ft Walton. Tomorrow supposed to be better...
Please go away

Elizabethtown, KY

#50 Jun 12, 2012
We will arrive on thursday, the june grass dosent really bother me as long as its not to thick, i like to fish in the surf and if there is alot it makes it impossible. Hopefully it will clear out enough to fish, if not ill try the bay. Keep updating
in sandestin now

United States

#51 Jun 14, 2012
Found Santa rosa beach. Nice sandbar/shallows at public beach access. Chair and umbrella $20/day. Yellow and purple flags, no jelly here minor surf, minor green algae/June grass? Chillin' like a villain. Elmo's is the bomb for lunch or dinner!!!!
fishing from the shore

Maringouin, LA

#52 Jun 19, 2012
Please don't fish from the shore with swimmers present,sharks will follow the bait or a bloody fish.It give me the creeps to see people fishing with their children in the water near them.Also, put your children in life jackets at all ages if they can't swim well and don't let them go out further than you could reach them fast.Floats do no good when a child or adult falls off in deep or rough water.And please ,watch your children at all times,it only takes a minute for a child to be overcome.I've done many rescues when parents sleep or do not continually pay attention to thier children.Use a good sunscreen as i have seen many children and adults seriously burnt and miserable because they can't be bothered with sunscreen.Be prepared and the fun is all around you.
Life

York, SC

#53 Jun 19, 2012
fishing from the shore wrote:
Please don't fish from the shore with swimmers present,sharks will follow the bait or a bloody fish.It give me the creeps to see people fishing with their children in the water near them.Also, put your children in life jackets at all ages if they can't swim well and don't let them go out further than you could reach them fast.Floats do no good when a child or adult falls off in deep or rough water.And please ,watch your children at all times,it only takes a minute for a child to be overcome.I've done many rescues when parents sleep or do not continually pay attention to thier children.Use a good sunscreen as i have seen many children and adults seriously burnt and miserable because they can't be bothered with sunscreen.Be prepared and the fun is all around you.
Life jacket even in knee deep water? Thank you for your tips!!! We never swim in the Lake with out a life jacket, we can swim but in 200 feet of water it's best to be safe.
visitor

Fort Walton Beach, FL

#54 Jul 8, 2012
The beach is betiful. I do not see any June grass. I hope it stays that way.
Shawn

Rockwall, TX

#55 Apr 13, 2013
We have vacationed the last 2 yrs ( 2011& 2012) in destin around mid June .. Both times the June grass was horrible ! Trying to decide if it's better to go earlier or later in summer for this year's trip. This will be the last year we put up with if it's there again.
Brady

Campbellsville, KY

#56 Jun 7, 2014
Will be down at the end of the week, just wandering what the june grass report is, used to follow a blog but looks like it is no longer active. If anyone in the Destin area could post an update it would be greatly apprecitated. I love Destin, we come every year, i love to fish from the surf but the last 3 have been ruined by june grass. We are coming 2 weeks early this year in an attempt to beat the june grass. Thanks to anyone who replys
BeachLUVR

Little Rock, AR

#57 Jun 29, 2014
Brady wrote:
Will be down at the end of the week, just wandering what the june grass report is, used to follow a blog but looks like it is no longer active. If anyone in the Destin area could post an update it would be greatly apprecitated. I love Destin, we come every year, i love to fish from the surf but the last 3 have been ruined by june grass. We are coming 2 weeks early this year in an attempt to beat the june grass. Thanks to anyone who replys
I was there there from June the 7 thru 15th and the water was beautiful then. I hope this helps some. Maybe some locals will chime in.
leliacampbell01

Georgetown, KY

#58 Aug 9, 2014
Just come home from fort Walton beach... there is alot of "June grass". My daughter and I didn't even get in the ocean because my legs would be covered on green slime. 8/9/12.
Local

Panama City Beach, FL

#59 Nov 24, 2014
Come to PCB we never have June grass, don't know why but in 20 years i have never seen it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Destin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Locals recall 2004 Bush visit Sat Fitzwalkerstan Pu... 10
Review: Sand Hippie Beach Photography Fri gtorasta 1
Canadian snowbirds: Rules you need to know Jan 25 Yuh Mean 1
destin ice&seafood Jan 17 Worker 1
looking to move to navaree/destin Jan 16 summer 1
exotic black cat (Jun '13) Jan 15 Funny 5
jobs in area for welding. new to area Jan 15 new to area 1

Rip Current Statement for Okaloosa County was issued at February 01 at 11:00AM EST

Destin Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Destin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:10 pm PST

NBC Sports10:10PM
Jerramy Stevens arrested on suspicion of DUI
NBC Sports 2:47 PM