Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Full story: El Paso Times

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.
Comments
15,281 - 15,300 of 21,409 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
Test

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Test
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

You did not pass.
Test

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Darn!
tesd

Castroville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

TEST
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

you did a little better this time
JoJo

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Who cares
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Evidently not you

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

JoJo wrote:
Who cares
Your boyfriend.
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Possibly?
Tawni Maughan

Weatherford, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

If you don't know her, you may want to get to know her.
The city govt is scared to death of her in Weatherford, TX. Why? Why would they be afraid of the local yoga teacher?

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Tawni Maughan wrote:
If you don't know her, you may want to get to know her.
The city govt is scared to death of her in Weatherford, TX. Why? Why would they be afraid of the local yoga teacher?
Because she is in reality a crazed serial killer?
Go Rick

Three Rivers, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Perry for Prez

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Go Rick wrote:
Perry for Prez
Perry for dog catcher!
Voice of Reason

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Healthcare, the cure is for the government to get their political hands out of the healthcare business, and stop telling medicare recipients what company to use for their healthcare. If the government would allow Capitalism to do its work, and allow free
competition in the health industry, our health care costs would drop like a rock, saving billions of dollars for Medicare recipients. I was a business agent for one of the largest unions in the world for 25 years. When I was approached by members of an insurance company that they wanted to have a Union in their work place, and was ready to sign the union cards for a ballot to be taken by the NLRB. As I proceeded to organize them, I was told by my Union Local President, to back off and stop what I was doing.
Any guess why???
Socialized medicine you say? Try to get a doctors appointment in England, or Canada. England has the NHS that runs their medical program, and on their webiste they have posted that they had euthanized 130,000 people . Read this If you are capable:

Shock: British NHS Euthanizes 130,000 Elderly Patients Annually

by Steven Ertelt | Washington, DC | LifeNews.com | Share

Shocking news from England today has top NHS officials indicating doctors acting in the UK government-run health program annually kill as many as 130,000 patients prematurely because of overcrowding at hospitals, medical clinics and nursing homes.

Professor Patrick Pullicino indicated doctors are turning to a so-called “death pathway” protocol that is essentially active euthanasia of patients, according to a London Daily Mail news report. Pullicino, a consultant neurologist for East Kent Hospitals and Professor of Clinical Neurosciences at the University of Kent, made his remarks in a speech before the Royal Society of Medicine in London.

He claimed there was often a lack of clear evidence for initiating the Liverpool Care Pathway, a method of looking after terminally ill patients that is used in hospitals across the country. It is designed to come into force when doctors believe it is impossible for a patient to recover and death is imminent.

It can include withdrawal of treatment – including the provision of water and nourishment by tube – and on average brings a patient to death in 33 hours. There are around 450,000 deaths in Britain each year of people who are in hospital or under NHS care. Around 29 per cent – 130,000 – are of patients who were on the LCP.

Professor Pullicino claimed that far too often elderly patients who could live longer are placed on the LCP and it had now become an ‘assisted death pathway rather than a care pathway’. He cited ‘pressure on beds and difficulty with nursing confused or difficult-to-manage elderly patients’ as factors.

CAN YOU SAY "COMING TO AMERICA???"

“The continuing collapse of the NHS is not only an indictment of single payer health care: It is a warning to the U.S. about centralized control of health care,” he said.“The continuing collapse of the NHS is not only an indictment of single payer health care: It is a warning to the U.S. about centralized control of health care.”

“Adding injury to injury, how easy it is for the bureaucrats to lard on the goodies on the private insurance companies’ dimes–as is already happening. What makes us think that a too strained and bureaucratically suffocated private sector won’t eventually end up in a collapse–further harming the economy–and unable to provide for patients properly?” he said.“Once that happens (with malice aforethought?) Obamacarian class warriors will give a war whoop of triumph for having destroyed the dreaded private sector–and force us into single payer. See,“NHS Meltdown” posts. Lose. Lose. Lose.”
Fact check

Centerville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Voice of Reason wrote:
shameles lifecheck.com drivel
Lifecheck.com ,the ultra conservative highly inaccurate website spouting such biased and fake nonsense as :

"The (Obama) administration has issued rules for "$1 abortions in ObamaCare" and "requires all persons enrolled in insurance plans that include elective abortion coverage to pay" an abortion premium."

Easily debunked by Factcheck

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...

Not exactly the most reliable "news" website to get any real facts
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Mostly it all depends on which pack of liars you choose to listen to. Neither party concerns themself with facts. It actually surprises me that either party can spell truth, fact, or integrity.

“I don't believe in mathematics”

Since: Aug 08

De Leon, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

There is such a thing as objective truth. Pretending that all sides are lying is just laziness.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Hezekiah there IS objective truth, but I think Texan is just expressing the frustration of Americans today when faced with"dueling facts"presented by opposing political parties.
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

There is also such a thing as subjective truth. Hezekiah it isn't pretending when it is true. I learned long ago that polititions will promise us anything to get elected, then when in office cease to worry about those promises. Especialy when they are lame ducks. I read, listen, and study while prepairing to vote, and you can believe that I have found out, all of them lie about something. Some may lie more than others, but they ALL lie. Party makes no difference. AND THAT'S THE TRUTH!
Caesar

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Politician = Liar

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Air Quality Alert for Dallas County was issued at July 23 at 1:36PM CDT

•••
•••

DeSoto News Video

•••
•••

DeSoto Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••