Driver Killed In Wreck Along I-45 Ser...

Driver Killed In Wreck Along I-45 Service Road

There are 6 comments on the NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth story from Aug 3, 2008, titled Driver Killed In Wreck Along I-45 Service Road. In it, NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth reports that:

Police said one person was killed in a car crash early Sunday morning in Wilmer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth.

rookie5

Grapevine, TX

#2 Aug 3, 2008
no comment
Kim from Richardson

United States

#3 Aug 4, 2008
Our deepest and heartfelt sympathy to the family.
C Martinez

Chesterfield, MO

#4 Aug 5, 2008
It is a shame,but if he slammed into the back of that vechile...that means he must have been speeding and not paying attention to his driving.
Witness to scene

United States

#5 Nov 13, 2008
He didn't slam into the back of the truck; he hit it head-on having traveled for a few miles going south-bound in the north-bound lanes.

His vehicle was demolished. The front right of the vehicle was crumpled all the way to where the back seat would have been. It was horrible to see.
Bill

Fort Worth, TX

#6 Jul 1, 2012
The driver was speeding on South bound I45 service road leaving Hutchins while entering Winston. Driver (Kia Optima) ost control and was fish-tailing and after nearly losing it...gain control and slowed down. After 1/8 of a mile, driver started accelerating again past me while I was on the highway. I could barely see what looked like a woman. The driver again starting fish-tailing again and again gained control. Driver had at least 3 opportunities to enter interstate, but stayed on service road. As car approached Beltline (my exit)....I could see driver swerve around stop vehicle in right lane at stop sign and past another stop headed West on Beltline at over 60 mph. As I went across Beltline...Ii saw a dust cloud way down the road. I contined down to Mars Road but did not see vehicle off road and nowwhere in sight. This all happened around 1:30pm. A few minutes after being at work, I saw a fire truck driving South on I45. After work around 4:30pm, I drove South on I45 just to see if anything had happened to driver and saw accident scene. Driver was not passed out and had every opportunity to stop or enter main interstate. All had enough awareness to recover from 2 near-wipeouts and avoid stopped car at intersection. I hope this info finds the family and can possibly shed some light on this tragedy.
Sandi

Dallas, TX

#7 Jul 2, 2012
I saw this on my way home and was wondering what had happened. When I passed the car was up on one end leaning against a tree. When I went back through Sunday I could tell the whole area where it landed had been burned. Was curious as to how someone could end up like that on the service road.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

DeSoto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Glenn Heights Water Bills- (Apr '07) Jun 28 Dawsontx1 29
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun 13 robert 994
News Reports of teacher-student sex on the rise in T... Jun 5 Jennie 6
Review: American Auto Plaza USA (May '15) May '16 Alexandria 6
Lancaster pronounciation (Apr '15) May '16 harborn 6
Lancaster Community Park (Jul '12) May '16 harborn 6
Why do people talk about Lancaster like it's gh... (May '09) May '16 harborn 74

DeSoto Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

DeSoto Mortgages