ripped off

United States

#1 Mar 18, 2013
Steve's towing highway JJ. don't get me wrong not Steve patch Steve's towing a is a rip off he charged me 648 dollars to tow my son's car to my house only 8 miles away. so be aware

Sainte Genevieve, MO

#2 Mar 18, 2013
I'm betting you're full of shit! Did they have to recover the car from down the side of a hill, was it flipped upside down, what was the actual circumstance? Probably just another cheap ass from DeSoto complaining about having to actually have to pay for something!
ripped off

United States

#3 Mar 18, 2013
sounds like you know all about your hometown. no I don't expect anything for nothing but come on So you're telling me 648 dollars for 8 miles ain't a little excessive. Your the dumbass

United States

#5 Mar 18, 2013
Oh come on! I have used them multiple times over the years- even since the ownership change and have no complaints. So what was their reason when you went to pay? I'm sure you asked before you shelled out a that jack! I mean really... So you just said "ok here's your 648.00" without questioning it?
i have been

Gilbertsville, KY

#6 Mar 18, 2013
doing business with them for about 30 yra.Your full of it bud.
honestly

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Mar 18, 2013
Are you seriously saying you paid $648 for an 8 mile tow????
James

United States

#8 Mar 18, 2013
Hey Guest keep your smart ass remarks about DeSoto to yourself. A lot of DeSoto people patronize Steve's. So I don't think Steve would want you to ruin his business by downgrading DeSoto people.
gee wiz

Festus, MO

#9 Mar 19, 2013
ripped off wrote:
Steve's towing highway JJ. don't get me wrong not Steve patch Steve's towing a is a rip off he charged me 648 dollars to tow my son's car to my house only 8 miles away. so be aware
. Have you ever heard of a (quote) it is where you ask the price before you have them do something why would you want to put a bounch of crap like this ? I think you have a bad case of the dumbass !!!!

Sainte Genevieve, MO

#10 Mar 19, 2013
James wrote:
Hey Guest keep your smart ass remarks about DeSoto to yourself. A lot of DeSoto people patronize Steve's. So I don't think Steve would want you to ruin his business by downgrading DeSoto people.
Yea they don't need my remarks, they do a fine job of downgrading them selves with no help at all! The comment wasn't made at Steve's to begin with fucktard, it was at the dumbfuck that was complaining about them. You're just another typical DeSoto dumbfuck running off at the mouth with out knowing what you're talking about! BTW fuck off while you're at it!
James

United States

#11 Mar 19, 2013
Hey "guest" nut licker. You are so stupid. The point was don't bad mouth DeSoto people just because one person is unhappy. My point was Steve's would not want you to slap around the local people who help keep his business open. Read before you swallow.

Columbia, MO

#13 Mar 20, 2013
Maybe they did get a quote and the driver didn't stick to the quote?
The Real Side

Columbia, MO

#14 Mar 20, 2013
This has NOTHING to do with the Petsch's! We have done business w/ and continue doing business w/ Petsch's Auto Repair. They are good, fair, honest, people. They SOLD the towing co. and are no longer affiliated w/ it. We called Steve's Towing for a tow and wanted our car towed back to our house. The car was involved in a single car accident and was upside down at the edge of the hwy. The tow truck picked up our vehicle from the edge of the hwy. It was NOT in a ravine, or hanging from a cliff. Yes, the car was probably already totaled, but Steve's Towing was MAD bc they were NOT going to collect their daily storage fees...so they charged us an outrageous tow fee to recover their storage fee losses. We DID get a quote at the time of pick up and then we were given a totally different amount at the time of delivery. We were furious at the outrageous quote but we figured that either way we would save money in the long run, either for us, or our ins. co.(on storage fees). Also, the tow truck driver took it upon himself to DESTROY anything that wasn't damaged on the car. He didn't roll our car over to tow it. He drug it onto the truck on its roof and broke out the back glass, destroyed both back quarter panels and filled th interior w/ mud and gravel. The interior WAS still PERFECT (not harmed in the accident) until the driver took our car and dumped it off at their lot (on its roof) against our wishes, so they could go make more money on our dime. We DID ask about the bill and the STUPID amount. We were told..."Don't worry your ins. will reimburse you." We said "We haven't decided if we want to make a claim or not yet" and we were told "oh, well, We have to make a living!"....so in other words tough sh** for us!! We were also charged for a 2nd tow??? And for clean up?? Which WE cleaned up at the site on Monday. We do have full coverage insurance, but it should be up to US, NOT THEM whether we use it or not. That's why ins. prices are sky high. Companies like this rape the insurance co. or poor working class people like us. So yes, we got a tow bill for $630.58 from Steve's Towing!! Rip Off!! Rude, unprofessional,bloodsuckers, who have absolutely no respect for your property. Save your pocketbook and save yourself from heartache!! Once again, this has NOTHNG to do with Steve or Kevin Petsch!!

Sainte Genevieve, MO

#15 Mar 20, 2013
Your story has a bit of a stench to it. Something tells me the biggest part of your story is bullshit!
Kevin Petsch

United States

#16 Apr 9, 2013
I am deeply saddend by what our community as well as our government has become. Nobody wants to pay more and get less but our economy has caused people to lash out,capitalize on others misfortune wich helps nobody. Instead of calling people liars or crooks we should look in the mirror and ask can i make a difference even if a small one. Do something. Help support local jobs even if it cost a little more. Buy American made products when possible. Get involved in the community in the right way and don't be so quick to jump in on hater clubs.you have the right to voice your opinion but make sure it's accurate and not shot from the hip. If you don't know it doesn't mean you can't get involved but get involved for the right reason not personal high school vandettas. That's not going to help anything.we are all in trouble if we don't don't do something and that person you are bashing may be your lifeline in the trenches someday. Then you will learn to forgive and forget. Sincerely Kevin Petsch

Saint Louis, MO

#17 Apr 9, 2013
Kevin Petsch wrote:
I am deeply saddend by what our community as well as our government has become. Nobody wants to pay more and get less but our economy has caused people to lash out,capitalize on others misfortune wich helps nobody. Instead of calling people liars or crooks we should look in the mirror and ask can i make a difference even if a small one. Do something. Help support local jobs even if it cost a little more. Buy American made products when possible. Get involved in the community in the right way and don't be so quick to jump in on hater clubs.you have the right to voice your opinion but make sure it's accurate and not shot from the hip. If you don't know it doesn't mean you can't get involved but get involved for the right reason not personal high school vandettas. That's not going to help anything.we are all in trouble if we don't don't do something and that person you are bashing may be your lifeline in the trenches someday. Then you will learn to forgive and forget. Sincerely Kevin Petsch
Yea, and make sure you endorse raising peoples taxes to pay for more of what we don't need!
Kevin Petsch

United States

#18 Apr 9, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Yea, and make sure you endorse raising peoples taxes to pay for more of what we don't need!
no one appreciated a cop a fireman or military people until they need one. Do you gripe every time your sales tax goes up at Walmart or do you even notice the extra three cents?well next time you are in a car wreck and you have to hold your injured child or loved one for a paramedic or a way to get you cut out of the car tell me how much you would pay right then and there. Sorry I'd pay anything to save a stranger yet alone someone I love. Think about it and way out what a couple of bucks a year get you. Buy less beer or smokes or even a soda a day not asking for half your unemployment check wich you don't pay for those benigits I do as a employer. Claim less on taxes,you just won't get 6 or 8 grand back for return. Lot of things not fair like paying 2k on fed taxes but getting 3 or 4 k back but I bet you take it so why gripe about taxes that are small in comparison,as a employer I hate taxes to but I look at the freedom and quality of life we as Americans have and not perfect but could be a lot worse. Sorry for our difference in opinion but unlike you I don't bash on people for their beliefs. Kevin Petsch. See I stand behind my statements cause I believe in them like I do the people in our community right or wrong so I hope you can to

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Desoto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lisa Rosener ????? Come on ! 6 hr mister x 3
Danny Cross 6 hr mister x 2
olympian village (Dec '10) Tue Lee 65
Ashley at Huddle House Tue guest2 4
BT Admin May 22 yup 4
hot black haired chic that works at 66 (Nov '15) May 11 She is a great gal 7
The Melba May 11 desoto person 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Desoto Mortgages