Highway Dividers in Morongo Valley ha...

Highway Dividers in Morongo Valley have Residents Irate

There are 2 comments on the KCDZ 107.7 FM story from Aug 2, 2013, titled Highway Dividers in Morongo Valley have Residents Irate. In it, KCDZ 107.7 FM reports that:

HIGHWAY DIVIDERS IN MORONGO VALLEY HAVE RESIDENTS IRATE Lots of people are irate about the new temporary dividers going up in the median in Morongo Valley.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KCDZ 107.7 FM.

Bob Elliott

Indio, CA

#1 Aug 13, 2013
The dividers are the stupidest thing to be put down the road, It eleminates a safe entrance to the highway by filling the center divider, I have almost been hit twice since thier installation a
safety corridor with the speeds reduced to 50 or 55 would be better
the people that comute in the morning would have to get up 5 minutes earlier, Those poles are hidious and dangerous, I would bet money that car crashes will go up rather than down, I think the state just through away 200,000..00 they didn;t hace to start with.

Since: Dec 14

Phoenix, AZ

#2 Dec 8, 2014
Bob Elliott wrote:
The dividers are the stupidest thing to be put down the road, It eleminates a safe entrance to the highway by filling the center divider, I have almost been hit twice since thier installation a
safety corridor with the speeds reduced to 50 or 55 would be better
the people that comute in the morning would have to get up 5 minutes earlier, Those poles are hidious and dangerous, I would bet money that car crashes will go up rather than down, I think the state just through away 200,000..00 they didn;t hace to start with.
Thanks for your input, Bob. I live on Samel Rd. and have noticed a substantial increase of traffic because the poles block the Northridge and Ole turn off. Now the only way for folks who live west of me to access their homes is North to Samel, South to Apache, West to Craver, South to Oscar, and West to their own roads. I have been talking to these neighbors, and they are also discusted with this increase in time and gas consumption but do not know what they can do about it. I called Caltrans, District 8 last week and am encouraging my neighbors to do the same.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Desert Hot Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
37641 Peacock Circle Ranch Mirage Ca 92270 Sat Funny 4
Kenn Gray looking for new house Sat Funny 11
Kenn/Korrie Dec 15 Agree 2
Ken gray is a fake Dec 14 Colombo 5
Kenn Gray Moffitt deadbeat run out town Dec 14 Sad 6
Poor Korrie Dec 13 Curious 12
Kenn headed back to Palm Springs Dec 12 curious 4

Desert Hot Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance