California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

Jun 5, 2010 Read more: Chain Store Age 5,132

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Read more

Since: May 14

Roseville, CA

#5408 May 21, 2014
Rose wrote:
Now that I read the posts made by con dumbs, I'm in favor of it. Why don't con dumbs care about the environment? Why do they always whine, "PC"?
Why didn't your parents care about the environment, when they made you ? They should have used a "con dumb"

“I'll paint any car,”

Since: Aug 08

For $99.99

#5410 May 21, 2014
BORFWHISTLE wrote:
<quoted text>
What's a Borf-whistle? and where can I get one?
Chiped paint

Covina, CA

#5411 May 21, 2014
Still the worst web pages full of dangerous invasive programs and Kookie monster viruses.

“I'll paint any car,”

For $99.99

#5412 May 22, 2014
Chiped paint wrote:
Still the worst web pages full of dangerous invasive programs and Kookie monster viruses.
Mmmmm, lead paint chips.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#5413 May 22, 2014
Because the left isn't happy unless it gets in your grill. Telling you how to carry groceries home from the store, because you're too ignorant and uncaring to decide for yourself.
wow

Newport Beach, CA

#5414 May 22, 2014
wow
pop ups suck

Covina, CA

#5416 May 22, 2014
Pop Ups Suck, this site is full of them, they annoy the peoples too.
Tellit

Paradise, CA

#5419 May 22, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Because the left isn't happy unless it gets in your grill. Telling you how to carry groceries home from the store, because you're too ignorant and uncaring to decide for yourself.
Those of whom we share this planet are slobs, they need to be told what to do.
Great Pacific garbage patch
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Pacific_ga...
Tell It clause

Covina, CA

#5421 May 22, 2014
The tell it clause in right now.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#5425 May 22, 2014
Tellit wrote:
Those of whom we share this planet are slobs, they need to be told what to do. Great Pacific garbage patch
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Pacific_ga...
Not so great:

"The size of the patch is unknown, as large items readily visible from a boat deck are uncommon. Most debris consists of small plastic particles suspended at or just below the surface, making it impossible to detect by aircraft or satellite."
[ibid]

I told you leftists wamt to tell everyone what they must do to save the planet, see the admission above for example.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#5426 May 22, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Not so great:
"The size of the patch is unknown, as large items readily visible from a boat deck are uncommon. Most debris consists of small plastic particles suspended at or just below the surface, making it impossible to detect by aircraft or satellite."
[ibid]
I told you leftists wamt to tell everyone what they must do to save the planet, see the admission above for example.
Brian_G.

It's elementary, my dear Watson. In this Brave New World, the very lack of evidence proves it must be true.

Sherlock.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#5427 May 22, 2014
Or jumping at shadows:
Despite its size and density, the patch is not visible from satellite photography, nor even necessarily to a casual boater or diver in the area, since it consists primarily of a small increase in suspended, often-microscopic particles in the upper water column. Since plastics break down to even smaller polymers, concentrations of submerged particles are not visible from space, nor do they appear as a continuous debris field to human eyes. Instead, the patch is defined as an area in which the mass of plastic debris in the upper water column is significantly higher than average."
[ibid]
Tellit

Paradise, CA

#5428 May 22, 2014
Project Kaisei was started in late 2008 to help begin to bring all parties to the table to stem the flow of plastic and marine debris into our ocean.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Kaisei
Valley

Covina, CA

#5429 May 22, 2014
Pop Ups Suck, this site is full of them, they are annoy the peoples who post.

“I'll paint any car,”

For $99.99

#5430 May 23, 2014
Valley wrote:
Pop Ups Suck, this site is full of them, they are annoy the peoples who post.
Yes they are VERY ANNOYING!, and especially annoying to all the Rodents that post.
Rodan vs Godzilla

Covina, CA

#5431 May 23, 2014
Page 232 and still counting.

“I'll paint any car,”

For $99.99

#5432 May 23, 2014
Rodan vs Godzilla wrote:
Page 232 and still counting.
Whatever happened to the movie-careers of those 2 Princesses on Monster Island that woke Mothra?

I've always wondered about those 2 whacky girls.

“I'll paint any car,”

For $99.99

#5433 May 23, 2014
I think Zappa did a song with them.
Cloo

Covina, CA

#5434 May 23, 2014
The cats like to paly with the plastic bags.

“I'll paint any car,”

For $99.99

#5435 May 23, 2014
Cloo wrote:
The cats like to paly with the plastic bags.
"Paly" huh?...I'm pretty sure that a very bad crime,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Desert Hot Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mature white women for young dark mature n sexy... Sun thugnasty 2
News FIND Food Bank helps feed thousands at the Cent... Sun CaliDervish 1
Desert Hot Springs Mayor Proud Of Out Of State ... Apr 15 Tony 20
News Group seeks to stop Nestlea s water-bottling op... Apr 14 speak out 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Yucca Valley, CA (Aug '10) Apr 14 Joy 13
Best SmokeShop in Valley?? Apr 13 BigJG 1
News Zachary J. Miller, Yucca Valley High School Tea... (Mar '14) Apr 13 nonya 3
More from around the web

Desert Hot Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]