California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

Jun 5, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chain Store Age

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Comments (Page 223)

Showing posts 4,441 - 4,460 of4,551
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Wash an Dry

Glendora, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

Use gentle soap when washing these reusable bags.

“CAPS LOCK CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

And dry them on a line, not in a machine.

Sucker!
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
I don't mind that my government rules how I carry my groceries home from the store; they are only interested in my welfare. I'm willing to follow all their regulations because thinking for myself is just too much work.
Brian_G.

Yes. As Pogo once observed, we have met the enemy, and he is us. Government is on special lookout for citizens suspected of "thinking for themselves". To track suspects down, Government uses all US based social media sites, Government telephone companies, all US based technology companies, and all forms of communications US citizens use to communicate with one another as direct pipelines to the prying eyes and ears of Government snoopers.

Citizens can take heart, though. If they have nothing to hide, they have nothing to worry about. Besides, any citizen who is thinking non-politically correct thoughts should keep them to himself. Like us kids who have never known anything other than foul tasting Government approved foodstuffs, as the old folks die off the lack of privacy will be accepted, because the populace will have known nothing else.

Ronald
Fller

Glendora, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

This is just filler, you know.
Al Kipnis

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

The politicians can't protect us from transit strikes but at least we soon won't need to worry about a free shopping bag making us late to work. We will have to buy heavy duty trash bags to put our garbage in instead of using well used paper or thin plastic bags for that purpose. I already have to use my own bags in many cases and it can be quite a hassle. While not the end of the world, I find this exercise in unneeded government regulation to be quite repulsive.
PaKipsy

Glendora, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

PaKipsy dry cleaners for plastic bags is now open.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Al Kipnis wrote:
The politicians can't protect us from transit strikes but at least we soon won't need to worry about a free shopping bag making us late to work. We will have to buy heavy duty trash bags to put our garbage in instead of using well used paper or thin plastic bags for that purpose. I already have to use my own bags in many cases and it can be quite a hassle. While not the end of the world, I find this exercise in unneeded government regulation to be quite repulsive.
Al Kipnis.

Yes. I agree. After the elderly 60s 70s era revolutionaries and their idiot "love children" took control of California Government, the State's corrupt legal system, and failed academia at all levels, they put the implementation of 60s 70s era social and economic ideology on the fast track to Hell. They needn't wonder why the once golden State now ranks # 1 in poverty when compared to the other States.

Source: http://tinyurl.com/koblvx9

Ronald
Why are

Glendora, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

If it's free than why are you complaining?
Mitt O bama

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

FREE? Maybe I can TAX it.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Judged:

Mitt O bama wrote:
FREE? Maybe I can TAX it.
Mitt O bama.

Revolutionary Council has beaten you to the punch. Unless you are of the city's majority who use expensive taxpayer funded food stamps, increasingly impoverished non-welfare supported food shoppers must either pay to purchase their own heavily taxed Lowenthal "reusable" carry bags or otherwise, pay Big *(unionized)* Grocers a harassment tax to purchase TREE KILLING paper carry bags.

Ronald
Morph

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

I thought Mitt Romney was a bag man for some underworld investment company something like the mafia.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Judged:

Morph wrote:
I thought Mitt Romney was a bag man for some underworld investment company something like the mafia.
Morph.

Yes. But you are a taxpayer supported Government dependent. Do you really consider yourself qualified to make such a judgement?

Ronald
Long lives

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Judged:

While many of those high and mighty "Tea Party bagger" has sought to undermine these here United States of America's with their selfish communist propaganda.

Hitler and Communists along with other's have tired this route, but America has beat them back and history proves this.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Judged:

Long lives wrote:
While many of those high and mighty "Tea Party bagger" has sought to undermine these here United States of America's with their selfish communist propaganda.
Hitler and Communists along with other's have tired this route, but America has beat them back and history proves this.
Long lives.

Well, if that is really the case, why is Russia using its military forces to surround the US in an effort to stop the spread of Communism?

Ronald

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

ok
RoundUp

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Judged:

Hitler and those Communist pigs along with other's have tired this route, but America has beat them back and history proves this.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Judged:

California seeks to ban everything. Freedom...speech. Oh wait they have already done that. Enjoy that toilet of a state!
Just Bee

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Just because you can.

“CAPS LOCK CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

Morph wrote:
The left did a monstrous job defaming Mitt Romney.
Fooders

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Judged:

I want more bags to carry away the great food deals for 2014.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,441 - 4,460 of4,551
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Desert Hot Springs Discussions

Search the Desert Hot Springs Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 16 min Interesting 199,077
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 5 hr Activity 15,657
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Apr 15 lug heads 7,298
Haunted Yucca Valley (Aug '09) Apr 14 Ashley and Brittany 55
CA Who do you support for Governor in California i... (Oct '10) Apr 13 Just fine 3,746
Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) Apr 12 Streetrunner 4,777
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Apr 12 go back to mexico 525
•••
•••
•••
•••

Desert Hot Springs Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Desert Hot Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance