Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
199,341 - 199,360 of 200,328 Comments Last updated 12 hrs ago

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson wants to eliminate the deportation policies that are currently in place.

Do you realize that when they arrest someone and run their fingerprints, if there is a match, ICE can ask local police to detain them so they can decide whether or not to deport them?

Johnson -- who was handpicked by Obama not to enforce immigration laws -- wants to change this so these people can't be deported, because they haven't been convicted of the crime they've just been charged with.

Even if they've committed other crimes in the past, they can be let out onto the streets instead of being deported.

Radicals from Mexico are holding hunger strikes, lobbying to flood our streets with rapists and murderers.

If you're a liberal, don't you understand that this could affect you, because you could be raped or robbed?

How stupid can you be?

You are insane.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

see you in 2034 wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't you win one at the Special Olympics?

Marriage is between tow people who love each other.

Oregon turns obver marriage ban!

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/story/news/po...
Oregon didn't change the definition of marriage.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

KeepOnS wrote:
The majority of true Americans in DC and the US are Christians.
However, what about Grover Norquist.
His wife is Muslim and he consults for the Muslim Brotherhood.
Puts that no tax pledge in a different light as a way of the government being able to help American citizens and make them poorer.
Less taxes.
More money for the 1%(lots of oil-rich 1% Muslims).
Anti American, certainly.
Keep the government from helping American Citizens.
Turn them into poor slaves
So does Obama.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>Prop 8 NEVER worked and certainly NOT fine.......it was designed to strip the right to marry from a minority group all because folks disapproved of who they are and who they were getting married to........all it EVER did was deny a right to Same-Sex couples, it NEVER had ANY affect on the legal 18,000 married Same-Sex couples who married before the passing of Prop 8 and it is good that it is FINALLY gone!!!

Actually more folks are weary of idiots like you who keep insisting we call it something else....in reality it is "JUST" a Civil Marriage regardless of whether the couple is opposite-sex or Same-Sex.......the marriage license is the Same for both here in California!!!
Yawn, still can't change the definition.
adders

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Just another # 230713

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

KiMare wrote:
The Defense of Marriage Act was passed through the legislative process by democratically elected representatives with the sweeping support of a majority of Americans. It has now been tossed aside by five lifetime judicial appointees. Go ahead and celebrate this blatant undermining of the democratic process because it suits your agenda now. Key word: Now. But please understand what you’re cheering. The Supreme Court, regardless of how you feel about the issue, has no business deciding something like this. This is NOT a matter of constitutional interpretation, which means it is NOT a matter that falls under their jurisdiction.
It's precisely a matter of Constitutional interpretation, involving things like the 5th and 14th Amendments. How isn't it?
Damaging

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Just another # 230715
Clay Atkins

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Go getm Clay Atkins

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Judged:

The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
It's precisely a matter of Constitutional interpretation, involving things like the 5th and 14th Amendments. How isn't it?
Marriage is a relationship, not an individual.

A SS couple is inferior to the marriage relationship at every level of comparison.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
You are entitled to view marriage as you want...
Thank you. Your permission is very generous and kind. But completely unnecessary. Who died and put you in charge?
Damaging

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Judged:

Clay Atkins # 230719

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Judged:

Left hook wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah because sodomy is such an intelligent way to have sex. You are disgusting. Rear ends weren't made to have things shoved up them.
You are an idiot.

#1 not all gay men have sex that way.

#2 at least one third of straight people said they had anal sex in a CDC government study (google it.)

#3 it's none of your freaking business.

It's your bigotry that is disgusting. Piss off. You don't matter. The laws are changing and you can't do dick about it but pout.

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Then how dare you laugh off the lives of 4 people including our gay ambassador, Stevens when Hillary could have prevented their deaths. Or was it planned to cover up her gun running program to the Libyan rebels, and many of the same weapons being used in Nigeria that kidnapped those girls that Michelle is holding a sign to save them.
Who laughed anything off? You are a conspiracy theory idiot.

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Not from my perspective after you want to yawn over the 4 dead lives that Hillary could have prevented and lied about.
Yeah I'm sure she could have prevented it but chose not to, right? Is that your stupid theory?

FIND THE STUPID IDIOT THREAD, this is about gay marriage.

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>reality says if obama had to admit he was wrong about al queda and they are not on the run and they just got attacked in Libya, he would not have been elected.
Shoulda woulda coulda. He got elected. Deal with it.

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have a trophy?
Don't need one. I was asked a question and I answered it. Piss off.

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Judged:

Left hook wrote:
I may have come off as being a little harsh on the gays, I don't wish you gays any ill will. Marriage is between a man and a woman though, so on this issue we wont see eye to eye. I almost see it as if the gays are trying to harm the family structure or make a mockery of marriage. I wouldn't be surprised if the ones who started this whole thing did it over a 1 dollar bet, or for bragging rights.
Well whether you intend it or not, your opinion = ill will.

Threatening my marriage is pretty freaking serious ill will. How do you not see that?

And then you make it worse by accusing us of "trying to harm the family structure" or "make a mockery of marriage" - WTF is wrong with you?

My wedding day was the most important day of my life.

Do you honestly think I would waste the time of our entire two families, the expense of a traditional wedding, and all the work involved "to make a mockery of marriage?" You're an ahole.

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Judged:

Left hook wrote:
<quoted text>
Call it a civil union then, and be done with it.
Eff you. You don't get to tell me what to call my marriage.

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage is a relationship, not an individual.
A SS couple is inferior to the marriage relationship at every level of comparison.
Even though you can't explain how LOL.

Piss off.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Who laughed anything off? You are a conspiracy theory idiot.
You are the fool that blames a video, talk about a stupid conspiracy. 4 lives are dead because of Hillary and the great obama. 1 life was a great gay guy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Desert Hot Springs Discussions

Search the Desert Hot Springs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 5 hr cathyjudy 7,838
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 11 hr Mis kites 15,915
Review: Rich's Painting Wed Spectacular job 1
desert hot springs, ca. unkept yards Wed Alice 2
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Wed AMan 149
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Wed Shellys Husband is Strong 635
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Jul 22 Ronald 2,251
•••
•••
•••
•••

Desert Hot Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Desert Hot Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••