Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201845 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205012 Jul 26, 2013
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, from the ignorant rants about procreation on here, I'd rather enter a contract with one. No woman in her right mind would have sex with any of you.
And no true turkey baster would touch you. What are you, a f#g hag?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205013 Jul 26, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
So all your friends are parrots.
Yep, the company has to "pre-approve" all of his relationships. Probably issued him his "wife". From the motor pool....
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205014 Jul 26, 2013
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
Same with you sweetie, but yet you still fill pages and pages of moronic rant.
Hon, he's already got a gal, and wasn't casting about like you were....
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205015 Jul 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Relax, you're way progressive and would never associate with any people in unapproved groups, you don't have to prove it to us.
"My company would never approve" is his silent plea for us to understand his views.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205016 Jul 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Big D has no friends that disagree with his opinions. I suppose the moment one of them does, he's not Big D's friend anymore.
Right. If he tries to remain friends, he'll get fired.
He's a company tool.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205017 Jul 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Big D has no friends that disagree with his opinions. I suppose the moment one of them does, he's not Big D's friend anymore.
He's shown his hand. He's the REAL fifth column...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205018 Jul 26, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
No woman has a right mind.
:-D
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205019 Jul 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
"Sup". What a moron. You ain't cool Jizzy, stop trying. Makes it even worse when you say dopey stuff like that.
He's just trying to be "urban, and therefore, relevant". It's ignorant, isn't it?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205020 Jul 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn’t say that, I said I don’t know of any that don’t support same sex marriage.
I have not lost any friends over my views.
I probably just don’t travel much in the gutter trash circles you do.
How much did you get paid, to say that?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205021 Jul 26, 2013
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
How sweet, sticking up for your fellow moron. With a statement like that, obviously we don't have to worry about you procreating.
You seem to have a fixation on the sexual proclivities of the posters in here. Are you cruising for some action?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205022 Jul 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Those words are not on the marriage license and are not requirements, nor is any ceremony, people marry in front of a justice of the peace all the time.
nor is the term consummate
You can get an annulment or divorce for no reason at all.
And our government will not step in and force and annulment regardless of your "consummation" argument if neither party wants one, we don’t force the ending of marriages, one party has to actually desire it, and if one party does, they don’t even need a reason, so consummation is totally irrelevant
Do you have any other non-issues you would like me to explain to you?
Yes. Why did you sell out your civil liberties for a paycheck? Did you realize that you were doing so, or did you simply sign the contract?
Pressiors

Monrovia, CA

#205023 Jul 26, 2013
RinkO or is the RockO? either way the rocks are hurting your head when they roll around.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205024 Jul 26, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
"Husband" and "wife" aren't on the marriage license? Not requirements? In 30 plus states they are. I pointed out the pronouncement, I did not specify who pronounced them.
<quoted text>
It is part of marriage law though.
<quoted text>
Failure to consummate is grounds for an annulment in several states, including California.
<quoted text>
With no fault divorce, that's true.
<quoted text>
Never said the government would force an annulment.
<quoted text>
You continue to state SSM and OSM are treated the same. I've pointed out the obvious, which you are unable to, or unwilling to, acknowledge. They're not exactly the same. Nice try though.
You've already handed him his ass. His contract states that he must not admit failure. He must plow on through the argument as if he is winning, or else he'll suffer a pay decrease. He'll not admit defeat.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205025 Jul 26, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You love to argue consummation. I would like for you to list the number of marriages that have been annulled over the past decade based on consummation issues.
I also want you to show me where, in the law, same-gender marriages are unable to consummate their marriage. Did those who argued at the Supreme Court in favor of Prop. 8 or DOMA even bring up the issue of consummation?
It's a ridiculous and desperate argument. You should consider dropping it.
You'll have to supply a website that may be used for resarch. I typed that in, but nowhere does a link come up, with a view to specific statistics. Unless, of course, you already know that it cannot be researched.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205026 Jul 26, 2013
commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>How lonely you must be.(baby tears),,,
Shit, he ain't lonely. He has many "lock-step" friends. The "we are one" crowd that his company allows him to associate with. The "pre-approved friend" list.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205027 Jul 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
They are stretching every word they can think of, twisting and distorting every law on the books trying to contrive a way to not allow equal rights.
If they came up with an intelligent argument ( no one has yet ), they might get better response, but as long as their arguments are “consummation”,“procreation”, the words "husband and wife" or reasons for an “annulment” or divorce, any response to such lame arguments is going to sound condescending.
When they start acting like adults, I will treat them like adults.
They are adults. You are a pompous ass. And a company tool.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205028 Jul 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all :)
There aren’t as many homophobic ignorant morons as you might think
Your company has weeded out all of the free thinkers?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205029 Jul 26, 2013
justhefacts wrote:
<quoted text>
How can this be “Good” news. Think one of the Biggest reasons vote Dem is because o f Gay marriage BS. They don’t give a dam what damages the Libs has dobe to this country for the past 50 years. Look at the Lib voter base in murders and Crime. Now lets look at the “Marriage”
More then 50% of marriages now fail in the U.S. when women went WAY overboard on Equality and now its reverse Equality
That said the DEMS KILLED the institution of marriage and yet we now say YEA for Gay marriage that wants to not only make Marriage a political issue its now a FAILED Institution
Again shows how the LIBS are small pea brain thinkers. Not unlike little children.
So the Dummies are fighting to join a club that more then half of the previous club members Quit
All I see here is ignorant.
They don't understand the REAL damage that is being done, so that they may get their "yum-yums". They have no care for the costs, so long as they get what they want.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205030 Jul 26, 2013
More facts wrote:
<quoted text>You are spot on. Fact is, the feminism, no need for a man movement of the 60s is what started the rebellion and homosexual movement. Once these woman raised boys with no penis, they became butch girls or feme gay men. It is all about women hating themselves.
Women are beautiful, whether pregnant, barefoot, or in the boardroom. TYhe feminist women devalued wives and mothers and therefore destroyed much of our greatest natural resource, mothers and homes.
REAL men are being systematically decimated, replaced by "males". Pseudo-men, with no real claim to manhood. Puppets to be cowed.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205031 Jul 26, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly Big D, trix are for kids. He is pointing out that there are differences between the two relationships, and the laws reflect that. But you're too full of yourself to admit that....you might get kicked out of the rainbow clubhouse.
And his corporate cubicle. He is Dilbert.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Desert Hot Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Palm Springs tattoo, piercing shop cashes in on... 6 hr Lucy Jane 1
News Traffic Alert: 7-Week Road Project to Shut Down... 6 hr Lucy Jane 1
News Columbia Hospitality Adds Palm Mountain Resort ... 6 hr Lucy Jane 1
News FPPC investigates Palm Springs City Council Member 6 hr Lucy Jane 1
facetime? (gay guys only) (Jul '11) Wed Vcardona 20
News Palm Springs: Stolen goods found in arrestee's ... Apr 24 Julie Ann 1
News Man Pleads Not Guilty to Burglarizing Area Homes Apr 24 Julie Ann 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Desert Hot Springs Mortgages