Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
177,461 - 177,480 of 200,357 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
We do have to take responsibility for the state of marriage.
<quoted text>
If marriage had been taken more seriously, if men and women honored their commitments to each other, married instead of living together,and kept for most part conception within the marital relationship, SSM wouldn't have a chance. It's because of "you guys made a mockery of marriage" that we're in the situation were in.
Didn't the poster children for gay....actially lesbian marriage, in Massachusetts divorce?
"If... If... If..."

How about dealing with reality instead of doing a postmortem?

You made a mockery of your own marriages. Gays had NADA to do with that.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you've got a blown gasket if you think that you can tell KiMare that he's not allowed to talk about facts. He can talk about anything that he pleases, this is still my America, freedom of speech is guaranteed. Clam up.
So after your little speech about freedom of speech, you tell another poster to "clam up"? What a hypocrite. Typical troll behavior.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
It also appears that you have no real contributions in here, as all you do is throw out cheap one-liners, and those only come occasionally. Why, if I may ask, are YOU here?
You do exactly the same thing. Why are YOU here?

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
However, people agreeing with his facts annoys you.
You have poor reading comprehension. They are not facts. They are opinions. Stating them over and over does not make them facts.
Smile
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Call yourself Frankie and act like a troll - TROLL!
Get pissed off at a troll while TROLLING yourself. Priceless.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
You do exactly the same thing. Why are YOU here?
I'm here to piss you off. It's working.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
So after your little speech about freedom of speech, you tell another poster to "clam up"? What a hypocrite. Typical troll behavior.
"guest" hypocritically complained.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
1.) I can be mean and angry. But for the most part I'm a very passive and laid back guy. He has nothing to worry about.
2.) I live in Knoxville. He lives in Greeneville, about an hour's drive away.
3.) His anonymity was compromised by himself when he started cutting and pasting from his own, public blog. I don't know that any of my "lot" exposed him. A good amount of the stuff he posts here is so suspect that it's only reasonable to Google the crap that he says to see where it comes from.
4.) If he were the pastor he claims to be, seems to me that he'd be only too happy to sit down with a "reprobate" (his name for me). That's what pastors do. Besides, he has no problems letting his feelings be known on here. Half of TOPIX knows where he lives at this point. He's obviously not afraid of being confronted for his opinions and comments.
According to KiMare's own Google blog, he moved to Dillsburg Pennsylvania in 2011. He posted his own contact info on his blog. Funny how the internet works...once you put something out there you can never take it back.
http://watchmann.blogspot.com/search...

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm here to piss you off. It's working.
It failed and continues to fail.
Smile
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
It failed and continues to fail.
Smile
"It failed to anger me." the moron angrily responded.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
According to KiMare's own Google blog, he moved to Dillsburg Pennsylvania in 2011. He posted his own contact info on his blog. Funny how the internet works...once you put something out there you can never take it back...
Is that how you lost your balls?

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that how you lost your balls?
That made no sense, dopey.

“"Situation Normal"”

Since: Jun 13

"All Flucked Up"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it hasn't. WTF drugs are you on? Nothing was settled. The SCOTUS took the only way out. They declared that they have no jurisdiction to make any decisions. Are you simple?
Well friend,apparently it is you who is the simpleton on this thread. I suppose you don't realize what the Supreme court did when they failed to give the prop 8 proponents standing when they threw it back to California and exactly what that meant? What it meant was they knew exactly that Prop 8 would be once and for all declared unconstitutional and marriage equality would then be the law of the state in California forever more! So yes,who is the simpleton here? That again would be you my friend! Perhaps you shouldn't be hitting the sauce this early in the afternoon.Wait until the sun sets ok? You won't seem like such a complete azz next time.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a troll who acts like a 12 year old. I hope that answers your question. Smile.
You are a troll who acts like a 9 year old.

Chuckle.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

YUK!YUK!YUK!~Whoop!~Whoop! Ah good times.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

-SNAFU- wrote:
<quoted text>
Well friend,apparently it is you who is the simpleton on this thread. I suppose you don't realize what the Supreme court did when they failed to give the prop 8 proponents standing when they threw it back to California and exactly what that meant? What it meant was they knew exactly that Prop 8 would be once and for all declared unconstitutional and marriage equality would then be the law of the state in California forever more! So yes,who is the simpleton here? That again would be you my friend! Perhaps you shouldn't be hitting the sauce this early in the afternoon.Wait until the sun sets ok? You won't seem like such a complete azz next time.
Another sock puppet already Bill? Bring back Old SniffButt! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
That made no sense, dopey.
It would have if you weren't such a dope.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

-SNAFU- wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you gay marry me Bill?

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a troll who acts like a 9 year old.
Chuckle.
Lame.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Regular readers of this thread know that no other poster loves our Homosexual friends, the lesbians, my fellow dog lovers, and yes, even the Africans, more than I. Even so, I cannot help but wonder why - now that our Homosexual friends and the lesbians have achieved "full equality" - why they have not signed up for Army service in order to defend that "right" instead of focusing their sights on "marrying" one another.

Ronald

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Desert Hot Springs Discussions

Search the Desert Hot Springs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 3 hr Fly right 4,893
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) 18 hr Tammie Casas is Fat 640
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Mon snodder 2,252
Haunted Yucca Valley (Aug '09) Sun Creepy Steven 57
desert hot springs, ca. unkept yards Jul 27 Ron 3
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Jul 27 Twilight sun 7,848
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Jul 27 Facts facts 15,927
•••
•••
•••
Desert Hot Springs Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Desert Hot Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••