Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 20 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#204228 Jul 22, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
BTW, VV,
I was kind of disappointed that you took no notice of the bit about shooting fat guys with paintball guns? I'd expected....something..
:D
I don't see myself as fat. I'm built more like a linebacker. I've always been a big guy. Nobody has ever told me in person that I'm overweight or fat. Maybe it's my size? Several people have told me that prior to getting to know me they thought I was a little menacing looking. There's a woman in the apartments where I live who saw me out late one night walking my crippled, 14 year old dog. She couldn't see me clearly; only my silhouette. She kind of screamed and said, "WHO IS THAT?!?" I walked over into the light and she said, "OH!! It's you! I was scared!"

The only disadvantage to being as big as I am is that I haven't been able to shop for clothes at a regular department store since I was in high school. Regular shirtsleeves stop about 6 inches from my wrists. And pants look like "high-waters". So, I have to go to "big and tall" shops for my clothes. They're so much more expensive and there isn't as much selection. Ralph Lauren and some of the more widely known men's clothing designers have come out with lines for tall people. But their kind of pricy.

I once went to a Mazda dealership to test drive a Miata. I wanted a small convertible that I could park easily when I lived in San Francisco. Even with the seat back all the way, I couldn't get into the thing. I did, however, drive a Honda Del Sol for several years. That thing had so much leg and head room. It was like sitting in a bathtub. It was a very comfortable car. I miss it every so often and think about trying to find a good used one.

So, you can call me "fat" if you want to. It doesn't bother me. I know what I look like.
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#204231 Jul 22, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
OK fatso! Will do.
Don't be such an azz, it makes you look foolish.
Golden

Monrovia, CA

#204232 Jul 22, 2013
Not a problem any more, tough apples for those who don't like it.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#204233 Jul 22, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see myself as fat. I'm built more like a linebacker. I've always been a big guy. Nobody has ever told me in person that I'm overweight or fat. Maybe it's my size? Several people have told me that prior to getting to know me they thought I was a little menacing looking. There's a woman in the apartments where I live who saw me out late one night walking my crippled, 14 year old dog. She couldn't see me clearly; only my silhouette. She kind of screamed and said, "WHO IS THAT?!?" I walked over into the light and she said, "OH!! It's you! I was scared!"
The only disadvantage to being as big as I am is that I haven't been able to shop for clothes at a regular department store since I was in high school. Regular shirtsleeves stop about 6 inches from my wrists. And pants look like "high-waters". So, I have to go to "big and tall" shops for my clothes. They're so much more expensive and there isn't as much selection. Ralph Lauren and some of the more widely known men's clothing designers have come out with lines for tall people. But their kind of pricy.
I once went to a Mazda dealership to test drive a Miata. I wanted a small convertible that I could park easily when I lived in San Francisco. Even with the seat back all the way, I couldn't get into the thing. I did, however, drive a Honda Del Sol for several years. That thing had so much leg and head room. It was like sitting in a bathtub. It was a very comfortable car. I miss it every so often and think about trying to find a good used one.
So, you can call me "fat" if you want to. It doesn't bother me. I know what I look like.
I knew a guy that said if he was 9 feet tall his weight would be perfect, he was working on that getting taller thing.

I liked that

Personally I think we focus too much on the superficial

Since: Nov 12

United States

#204236 Jul 22, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure seems like it bothered you after that long rant about it.
Golden

Monrovia, CA

#204240 Jul 22, 2013
Fallen graces, but we don't care.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#204241 Jul 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Not dismissed, it can't be.
You simply (in every sense of the word) denied reality.
Oh no, Sweet Pea, you were utterly and completely dismissed.

You still labor under the misconception that your opinion has any relevance to my actual marriage.

With each passing day, more and more legally recognized SSM's become a reality.
Tommy Tucker

San Francisco, CA

#204242 Jul 22, 2013
Has any one seen my boy friend, Fox De Lux. He was last seen at Paul and Harveys Gay Bar in Sunnyvale.
OhStewOne

Monrovia, CA

#204243 Jul 22, 2013
Oh Tommy Tucker your a jerk!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#204244 Jul 22, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no, Sweet Pea, you were utterly and completely dismissed.
You still labor under the misconception that your opinion has any relevance to my actual marriage.
With each passing day, more and more legally recognized SSM's become a reality.
You can hold a piece of paper from any court around and dismiss me, but you still are nowhere near married.

That is unchangeable reality.
OhStewOne

Monrovia, CA

#204245 Jul 22, 2013
Oh Tommy Tucker your such a jerk today or any other as I'm told.

Spots did change much either.
Pietro Armando

Schenectady, NY

#204246 Jul 22, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I can never tell where you stand on this issue (actually I can) because out of one side of your mouth you talk as though polygamy is inevitable. And then it's "Katie, bar the door!"
But then on the other hand, you talk about how banning polygamy represents inequality.
So which is it? Are you for polygamy or against it?
I still stand by my comment that this decision in no way helps polygamy.
These decisions were based on the fact that 1.) Those in favor of Prop. 8 didn't have standing. 2.) In those states where marriage is legal for same-gender partners, DOMA--which banned federal benefits and protections--was unconstitutional.
Until polygamy is legalized in a state, they're not going to be able to fight for federal benefits.
And since polygamy has already been addressed by the Supreme Court, I don't know if it will have a chance or not.
That's "their" fight.
If you want to say that it's unfair to seek marriage equality for same-gender couples but not polygamists, then that's your right.
Not being a polygamist, I'm not going to enter the fray.
Does it really matter? Why does it matter to u or any other SSMers if polygamy in some form is legalized? You speak of "marriage equality", in in reality, it's a rejection of marriage conjugality. The sole defining marital legal standard. The ultimate goal, if not admitted, is the rejection of monogamous conjugal marriage, nationwide. Why does it matter if polygamy is legal, or even incest?
Hank

Los Angeles, CA

#204247 Jul 22, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Oy vey. Weight stories. But Frankie is off topic if he mentions poly MARRIAGE. Priceless.
Yer a funny lil' queer, Frankie. A funny lil' fruit.
Sails

Monrovia, CA

#204248 Jul 22, 2013
We don't care Hankie, or is it Frankie?

It's all over with, the ship has set sail.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#204249 Jul 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You can hold a piece of paper from any court around and dismiss me, but you still are nowhere near married.
That is unchangeable reality.
I do hold a piece of paper, but that's not what REALLY makes us married, and you know it.

Your "nowhere near married" ASSessment is nothing more than opinion.

Troll on, Deary.

Long Beach, CA

#204252 Jul 22, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really that easily intimidated?
LOL
Turn off the computer.
I am not intimidated by anyone. So go fck yourself troll. Oh wait, u are a limpdik and can't get it up.

Long Beach, CA

#204253 Jul 22, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
His posts make sense. Yours do not.
No they don't. And neither do yours.

Location hidden

#204254 Jul 23, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
I do hold a piece of paper, but that's not what REALLY makes us married, and you know it.
Your "nowhere near married" ASSessment is nothing more than opinion.
Troll on, Deary.
The reunion of a man and woman in marriage reflects the very roots of human existence, genderless life.

Go back in a ss couples' history, and what do you find? Immediately? A mother and father.

Which brings us to the life-giving result of a man and woman united in marriage reaching into the future.

A ss couple? No past, and no future. A duplicate gendered half of marriage making the hilarious claim they are the same.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#204255 Jul 23, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The reunion of a man and woman in marriage reflects the very roots of human existence, genderless life.
Go back in a ss couples' history, and what do you find? Immediately? A mother and father.
Which brings us to the life-giving result of a man and woman united in marriage reaching into the future.
A ss couple? No past, and no future. A duplicate gendered half of marriage making the hilarious claim they are the same.
Here we go again, the ability or intent to have children has never been a requirement for a marriage license.

Same sex couples are married now, legally and recognized at the state and federal level

Your ignorance of the facts, does not in any way change the facts

Location hidden

#204256 Jul 23, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again, the ability or intent to have children has never been a requirement for a marriage license.
Same sex couples are married now, legally and recognized at the state and federal level
Your ignorance of the facts, does not in any way change the facts
Here we go again...

1. I'm talking about marriage identifying with the very roots of human life. You ignore the incredible significance of that fundamental essence.

2. You dumb down marriage to a piece of paper. I'm talking about the past and future life and life giving fruit of marriage, something ss couples have absolutely NO identification with in any way.

3. Moreover, you foolishly attempt to deny the connection between the very existence of life, including homosexuals and marriage. Marriage is the wise constraint of human culture combined with nature's mating behavior to produce the best and safest place for reproduction.

This separation DEMANDED by couples who have zero potential of mutually procreating human life, placed on the only couples best suited to do so. Not just inappropriate, but idiotic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Desert Hot Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Yucca Valley, CA (Aug '10) Fri Christina 14
Regina or Bill January (Oct '13) Fri kat 3
sky harbor Apr 30 allen r 1
stores with bad customer service {list your wor... Apr 26 Tyler 15
News Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) Apr 26 Jojo 4,816
News National: How the Drought Will Reshape Californ... Apr 23 H20 the new Oil 1
mature white women for young dark mature n sexy... Apr 19 thugnasty 2
More from around the web

Desert Hot Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]