Your post reminded me of something<quoted text>
The decline of religious dogma affecting the lives of Americans has had many beneficial affects
1. Birth control is available to single adults.
2. Stores can be open on Sundays.
3. Non christians children are not subjected to being ostracized in public schools during "prayers"
4. In most states Blue laws are a thing of the past.
5. Freedom of Religion has been expanded and applies to all Americans, not just Christians.
6. The religious litmus test for political candidates is on its way out the door.
I will never forget the couple I knew that were so upset that Obama was re-elected they mentioned that they were considering moving to Australia, I told them that was a wonderful choice, and did they know that the prime minister of Australia is openly atheist?
Jaws hit the floor, it was hilarious.
We are actually behind the world a bit in this area, but we are catching up, and wising up