Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,146

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#177935 Jan 31, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Why should he do that, google it little boi
The burden of proof is on him jackass. Make a bullshit claim, you gotta prove it. Don't ask me to prove it dummy.

What a dope!
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#177936 Jan 31, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for repeating your ignorance of logic, but I don't expect much from you. If gender is arbitrary then number is arbitrary???? LMFAO@you I guess you think that is logical because you made it up, eh? You have no proof that one must follow the other, and you have no examples of where that has EVER taken place. JESUS TAP-DANCING CHRIST!
Some babies were dropped on their heads but you were clearly thrown at a wall. You cannot be serious....Of course, both are arbitrary. They were both decided by a man with a pen and too much control. I'd like to leave you with one thought, but I'm not sure you have anywhere to put it! Do you ever wonder what life would be like if you'd had enough oxygen at birth? I don't know what makes you so stupid, but it really works! I can't believe that out of 100,000 sperm, you were the quickest...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#177937 Jan 31, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Why should he do that, google it little boi
Boi? As in I'm gay? Something wrong with being gay jackass? Tell us about it.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#177938 Jan 31, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly where are polygamists granted "equal rights," except in your mind?
Well, why aren't they, you moron ? They are people, too, just like poofs, aren't they ? Aren't they entitled to the same protection that other groups receive ? And, BTW, can I borrow your brain? I'm building an idiot...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#177939 Jan 31, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Better yet, may I suggest you put an end to your miserable exastance. Or just move to lets say Iran. Have a great big wonderful day, dickface
Whoa! Suicide? WOW! Your shrink certainly is not helping.

You mad Fruitloops? Something I said?

Try and relax. Then try again!
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#177940 Jan 31, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
That isnít a ballot measure or text of a court case
show me the official stuff you are representing, ballot measure, or court case text.
I am not going to agree with something like that until I see the official text you are bringing to court.
Nice evasion. You sidestep as poorly as Chongo...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#177941 Jan 31, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Ok.... maybe if I type slowly....
Where in the Constitution is the guarantee of equal rights?
Small detail....The same argument used to be levied against the gays, and that is being changed...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#177942 Jan 31, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
They are NOT granted equal rights Miss Thing. That is what I am trying to get into your thick head!
You are such a dummy!
....But, they should be, exactly the same rights as other "discriminated against" groups...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#177943 Jan 31, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
YUK!YUK!YUK!
That's a real dopey dodge! Try harder.
Why do you feel poly marriage doesn't deserve the same consideration as same sex marriage?
Please don't say "because it's illegal"! That is a ridiculous reply.
...Sodomy used to be illegal....Now, it's all the rage...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#177944 Jan 31, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Equal protection, yes.... unless the State can show a legitimate interest in denying it. Do you think simple arithmetic might come into play when talking about equal? How is 3 equal to 2? How is 5 equal to two? How is 3 equal to 5?
I'd be interested in reading your definition of what qualifies as "legitimate interest" ? Please, expound sagely on what legitimizes "legitimate interest" ?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#177945 Jan 31, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you so intent on hijacking this thread?
You have got to be kidding....How does one "hijack' this threa...Wait a minute, never mind, we all have the answer to that question, all we have to do is read what you and Big D and Chongo post to comprehend "hijacking" this thread..
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#177946 Jan 31, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you trying to say three is equal to two? Maybe on your planet. Is 5 equal to two? Is 5 equal to three?
He didn't say that they were....you are obfuscating (again)...Mike's assertion is that you are perfectly comfortable diminishing the rights of a group that you don't agree with. And he is correct. Bigotry, at it's purest.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#177947 Jan 31, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Lean to read English.... is English you native language? Maybe I can have what I am saying translated into whatever language is used where you come from.
I donít have a huge problem with poly marriage. I have a problem with other crimes that are nearly always associated with it. And will not tolerate many of the current adherents of it and their cruel molestation and mistreatment of their young, or the fraud they use to gain multiple government assistance checks at our expense.
Those evils that you mention are prevalent in many groups, not specific to polygamists...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#177948 Jan 31, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
What legally married gay couple is getting multiple government assistence checks?
You're about as bright as a black hole.
Well, there are 2 men or women calling themselves spouses, so there's that...The, when they adopt, they get to add to the "family" so there's that, too..."hahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahaha"
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#177949 Jan 31, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I always knew that was where you were going, and have been saying so for weeks.
Standard bait and switch tactic, all the opponents of same sex marriage use, and the funny part is the comparison they make is to religious people.
dishonest to the core
Your argument will get no where you relies
Same sex marriage is happening and will continue to happen in more and more states and countries.
Your pet issue is going exactly nowhere.
Of course, his re-tooling of the argument that you use is completely erroneous and unfair. Imagine that argument holding its validity, just because of mere substitution....What nerve....It only works if gays are the protected ones...Else, it is a bunch of bull-shit, right ?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#177951 Jan 31, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the trial testimony was about SSM and NOT poly, the ruling was about SSM, not poly, the appeal was about SSM, not poly, the appeals court ruling was about SSM and not poly. The appeal to SCOTUS is about SSM, not poly. When SCOTUS overturns Prop 8, SSM will be legal again, poly will NOT.
...Until it gets raised, using the same arguments that have carried SSM this far, then, we shall see...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#177953 Jan 31, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you label it arbitrary? You think the number two was picked at random with no reasoning behind it? Out of all the numbers, why pick two? No reason? Seriously???????
INDEFENSIBLE???????? hahahahahahah
OK.... I'm done. You don't have the intellect to discuss this. You are unteachable and incorrigible.
Of course, it was arbitrary. Can you explain the logic behind the decision to limit the number to "2", Miss Thing ?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#177954 Jan 31, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Those evils that you mention are prevalent in many groups, not specific to polygamists...
Ain't it fun when I bring out Big D's inner bigot?

Polygamists are "child molesters who force underage girls to marry them"! They are welfare cheats! Etc. Nice!
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#177955 Jan 31, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't rejected God and ratchet yet. May I ask how old are you sir?
NO! You may not. Now sit down.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#177956 Jan 31, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not no ratchet! Anyway, when you ask people to look at ratchet and my posts, can you also ask them to post on here?
And what responses did you get? Do tell me, without blushing!
(Points to LittleBrain and whispers to the audience) "This boi's an idiot"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Desert Hot Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lower gas prices means more people on the road ... 9 hr Ronald 2
mexican landscapers dump in the desert 14 hr Katty 16
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Nov 25 Big Hairy Pink Pu... 720
Drugs on rise in Palm Springs (Sep '07) Nov 24 Jean 5
Review: Simple Cash Nov 22 NoLongerTheirClient 1
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Nov 21 A Ha 152
Desert Hot Springs Missing Out On Revenue Nov 20 Dale 5

Desert Hot Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Desert Hot Springs News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Desert Hot Springs

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:37 pm PST