Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,999

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#174267 Jan 11, 2013
Mikey DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I am interested in discussing marriage. This is a discussion forum. It won't work if you treat it like a kindergarten playground and refuse to discuss the topic to hide your bigotry. Tell me why you are against polyamory, don't just whine.
So, before I was so juvenilely interrupted, I was asking you why are you a hypocrite?
Then start your own damn thread. This is about Prop 8. I can understand why you don't wish to discuss it.
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

#174268 Jan 11, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
This thread is about Prop 8. What does Prop 8 have to do with polygamy?
Marriage.
Bed O Winds

Monrovia, CA

#174269 Jan 11, 2013
Karzai hasn't the brains to listen to good advice, but rather wants to be friends tot he very thugs who want him buried. Money is the only thing these people want.

Presidnet Karzai can take his BULL back to Afghan where his loving country men will end up burying him in a pine box
Bed O Winds

Monrovia, CA

#174270 Jan 11, 2013
Karzai hasn't the brains to listen to good advice, but rather wants to be friends to the very thugs who want him buried. Money is the only thing these people want.

Presidnet Karzai can take his BULL back to Afghan where his loving country men will end up burying him in a pine box.

Theyt will revert back to laws thugs shootingone another over stupid little people issues.
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

#174271 Jan 11, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
That lame-ass excuse again?...yawn... It was laughable the first time you posted it, now it's just boring.
So don't read it again, just don't attempt to censor it because you cannot intelligently respond without revealing your hypocrisy.
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

#174272 Jan 11, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Then start your own damn thread. This is about Prop 8. I can understand why you don't wish to discuss it.
Why is that?

The defeat of Prop 8 is a victory for polygamy too.
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

#174273 Jan 11, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Um.... the topic is Prop 8.
Limiting the number of husbands a woman has seems to me just as much an infringement as limiting the gender of whom that woman can marry.
CrimeDNA

Monrovia, CA

#174274 Jan 11, 2013
I wonder how many crooked politicans will be caught witht his new push to collect DNA samples.

DNA is the 21st century fingerprint, the database collection can be done in a way that protects privacy but also protects people from violent criminals.

Lets start with the current city council members of Glendora, California first.
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

#174275 Jan 11, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, stupid, polygamy is a red herring. It's not the issue, the issue is gay marriage. Why not start a forum to talk about polygamy? Too dumb to know how to do that? That's my guess.
Three women are all deeply committed to each other. On what grounds do you dismiss their union as a "red herring" or "a straw man" rather than authentic love and self-expression?

On what grounds do you insist upon the traditional, arbitrary and exclusionary number of two?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#174276 Jan 11, 2013
Mikey DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is that?
The defeat of Prop 8 is a victory for polygamy too.
You are not going to find more than one woman ( or man ) that is going to put up with you, this is all academic
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

#174277 Jan 11, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not going to find more than one woman ( or man ) that is going to put up with you, this is all academic
I wouldn't want to. Doesn't mean I can't discuss it.

By your logic you cannot discuss space travel unless you're traveling in space.
WhooGos

Monrovia, CA

#174278 Jan 11, 2013
Just more blogger snot from out of towners.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#174279 Jan 11, 2013
Mikey DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Naah. The more important question is why are you against some alternate forms of marriage while at the same time promoting your own alternate form of marriage?
Put more simply, why are you a hypocrite?
I'm trying to have an intelligent discussion of marriage equality, I wish you would participate instead of attempting to censor me.
how can you tell if i'm a hypocrite if i haven't printed or typed one single word about polygamy in this thread that pertains to same sex marriage?

when you start a thread about polygamy then we can discuss it.

until then, you know nothing of my opinion about that topic.

so, why are you here in this thread about same sex marriage trying to go off topic and discuss another topic?
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#174280 Jan 11, 2013
Mikey DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage.
original article linked at the top of this thread :

"Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage"

where, in the title of this thread, does it state 'polygamy'?
where, in the title of this thread, does it state 'marriage equality'?

talk about the court case regarding prop 8.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#174281 Jan 11, 2013
so, good people discussing the prop 8 law and the legal battles regarding this law, it's apparant that we have a willful poster here that wishes to divert the discussion from something we're all interested in (otherwise we wouldn't be here) to something they want to talk about.

the only (and best) recourse is to completely ignore the bloke and not to respond to any of his posts that aren't germain to prop 8 or the judge's findings regarding the law or the ensuing appeals - or even the sub-topic of same sex marriage since that is also included in the title of this thread.

maybe if they don't have anyone to play with, they'll give up and go home.
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

#174282 Jan 11, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
original article linked at the top of this thread :
"Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage"
where, in the title of this thread, does it state 'polygamy'?
where, in the title of this thread, does it state 'marriage equality'?
talk about the court case regarding prop 8.
Stop trying to censor me. Tell me why polygamy doesn't belong in a discussion of marriage equality.

If we are discussing Mars, is it forbidden to mention Earth?

Your pleas for censorship are only because of your hypocrisy. Admit it.
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

#174283 Jan 11, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
how can you tell if i'm a hypocrite if i haven't printed or typed one single word about polygamy in this thread that pertains to same sex marriage?
when you start a thread about polygamy then we can discuss it.
until then, you know nothing of my opinion about that topic.
so, why are you here in this thread about same sex marriage trying to go off topic and discuss another topic?
Easy. You are a hypocrite because you wish to censor any mention of polygamy.

Other alternate forms of marriage are perfectly on topic in a discussion of a court case of SS marriage, which is an alternate form of marriage.

Censorship sucks. Why do you insist on it?
Mikey DiRucci

Union City, CA

#174284 Jan 11, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
so, good people discussing the prop 8 law and the legal battles regarding this law, it's apparant that we have a willful poster here that wishes to divert the discussion from something we're all interested in (otherwise we wouldn't be here) to something they want to talk about.
the only (and best) recourse is to completely ignore the bloke and not to respond to any of his posts that aren't germain to prop 8 or the judge's findings regarding the law or the ensuing appeals - or even the sub-topic of same sex marriage since that is also included in the title of this thread.
maybe if they don't have anyone to play with, they'll give up and go home.
It's arrogant to discuss alternate forms of marriage in a discussion of an alternate form of marriage?
WhooGos

Monrovia, CA

#174286 Jan 11, 2013
Karsi or what ever his name is will be sitting on th ticking clock, his own country men would justify taking him down becaue it's in the Koran.

More than 90 percent of them can't read ort write.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#174287 Jan 11, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
You now have gender segregation, you're divorced.
^^^That's untrue; Rose has posted this lie many times before.

Most same sex marriage supporters don't care about the truth and will post anything to 'win' the argument. If you care about truth, keep marriage male/female.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Desert Hot Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Mon ForkBelly 7,962
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Mon Flaggstaff 5,083
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sep 21 theos 2,276
Perrotte gains support for early release (Jun '07) Sep 20 ET SNELL 26
Do you approve of Mary Bono Mack as Representat... (Jul '12) Sep 20 marcella williams 4
Scottish-Americans mixed on keeping kingdom united Sep 20 James 3
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sep 18 Pizza 16,000
•••
•••
•••

Desert Hot Springs Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Desert Hot Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Desert Hot Springs News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Desert Hot Springs
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••