Chinese tourists power-shopping in U.S.

Full story: Seattle Times
Minutes after arriving by bus at an outlet mall in Cabazon, Calif., a dozen or so Chinese tourists hustled out to buy luggage that they planned to stuff with high-end clothes, shoes and bags. Full Story
2 Cents

Hsinchu, Taiwan

#1 Aug 21, 2013
We'd make even more tourist dollars if it weren't so hard for Chinese to get a tourist visa. But I get it. The places that would benefit most from a more sensible process would be Guam and Hawaii - two places with important naval bases - and we certainly wouldn't want the natives to become less dependent on our military largess. In the 80's, when Guam was thriving with tourist from Japan, the natives began demanding the return of excess Federal land from the military in order to built more resorts. A couple of local politicians supporting the natives ended up in Federal prison on corruption charges.
penny

Hemet, CA

#2 Aug 21, 2013
Cabazon outlets are full of Asians! They spit on the ground, they are loud, and they smell fishy. But if they spend money, I guess I can put up with it.
trust Jesus

Dresden, TN

#4 Aug 22, 2013
Amen
Gordon

Auckland, New Zealand

#5 Aug 25, 2013
Sure they come as tourists with money,they stay and infest your country like cockroaches.
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Aug 25, 2013
bet all the crud they buy they get home and see 'made in china' stamped on it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Desert Hot Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 16 hr RiccardoFire 16,008
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 21 hr El SupremoS 201,038
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sun No Time for Tea 5,084
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Sep 27 Bucketeers 7,965
child molester at large in dhs Sep 25 Karen Wood 1
Review: Soho Sep 24 Mrs Matthew Olson 1
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sep 21 theos 2,275
Desert Hot Springs Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Desert Hot Springs Jobs

Desert Hot Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Desert Hot Springs News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Desert Hot Springs

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]