First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Aug 09

United States

#1 Aug 23, 2009
This town is at least 1 Million Years old, and there's got to be some kind of creepy/scary sightings, houses or something along those lines. I'm looking for info in locations where haunting thing's occur. Anyone?
tiggertat

United States

#2 Aug 23, 2009
oh there are things....but notthat nayone would belive

United States

#3 Aug 23, 2009
tiggertat wrote:
oh there are things....but notthat nayone would belive
where are these listings? im kind of a believer and want to look into it more.
Idi O Syncrasy

Farmington, CA

#4 Sep 11, 2009
dawnofthefalll wrote:
This town is at least 1 Million Years old, and there's got to be some kind of creepy/scary sightings, houses or something along those lines. I'm looking for info in locations where haunting thing's occur. Anyone?
Spend some nights out camping alone in Joshua Tree.
You will experience "things" that make the hair on the back of your neck stand up.
Skin walkers may visit your camp.

United States

#5 Sep 11, 2009
Idi O Syncrasy wrote:
<quoted text>
Spend some nights out camping alone in Joshua Tree.
You will experience "things" that make the hair on the back of your neck stand up.
Skin walkers may visit your camp.
skin walkers? please do tell...?
Sally Dow

Twentynine Palms, CA

#6 Sep 12, 2009
About 14 years ago, my daughter and I saw, more felt than saw, something that made me run to church for the first time in 15 years. It had something to do with chopped up, burned up bodies, but there were no bodies there. My 7 year old saw it first. We were at a cabin way up a dirt road in the hills in Morongo Valley.

Very recently, my friend and I were in Lucerne Valley when we stopped on the side of the road. When we turned the car off, my car started rocking from side to side with no explaination. When we got home I checked the realtime earthquake map (though it didn't feel like any other earthquake I'd ever been in); and there hadn't been any earthquakes.
Sally Dow

Twentynine Palms, CA

#7 Sep 12, 2009
My car is a later model Mercedes that I've had for almost 2 years now, so it absolutely had nothing to do with my car itself. Just to let you know.
Sally Dow

Twentynine Palms, CA

#8 Sep 12, 2009
If you want to know where:(The cabin thing happened about 14 years ago.)
As best as I can recall, if you are heading toward Yucca Valley on the main highway soon after you enter Morongo Valley you turn left by, I think a VFW, or something like that. I do not know if that building is even still there, but then you turn where it USED to be.
Then you go all the way past the regular housing and just keep going. Finally you will see, if it's still there, a cabin. It you keep going a little ways, you end up at a precipice that is so steep you cannot even see down into it. It's kind of creepy, but I was never scared there except for that one morning. The road ends at the precipice - it's like a big bowl. It you reach this - YOU HAVE GONE TOO FAR; however, you would know that you were in the right area.
In Lucerne Valley (though I wouldn't rush to call it a "haunting") we were (I think) at
Camp Rock Road and the desolate little highway that runs through there.(It was nighttime, if that matters.) If it wasn't Camp Rock Road then it was soon after.

United States

#9 Sep 15, 2009
Sally Dow wrote:
If you want to know where:(The cabin thing happened about 14 years ago.)
As best as I can recall, if you are heading toward Yucca Valley on the main highway soon after you enter Morongo Valley you turn left by, I think a VFW, or something like that. I do not know if that building is even still there, but then you turn where it USED to be.
Then you go all the way past the regular housing and just keep going. Finally you will see, if it's still there, a cabin. It you keep going a little ways, you end up at a precipice that is so steep you cannot even see down into it. It's kind of creepy, but I was never scared there except for that one morning. The road ends at the precipice - it's like a big bowl. It you reach this - YOU HAVE GONE TOO FAR; however, you would know that you were in the right area.
In Lucerne Valley (though I wouldn't rush to call it a "haunting") we were (I think) at
Camp Rock Road and the desolate little highway that runs through there.(It was nighttime, if that matters.) If it wasn't Camp Rock Road then it was soon after.
well, this sounds kinda interesting. my friends and i are into hunting paranormal activity, but we can't do any research because there isnt any haha. this actually helps out a lot. so thank you. oh, the back way to big bear (up 247 to camp rock road) is just a nasty drive at night hah. there's nothing for miles. still strange that your car started shaking for no reason
Joefcc

San Jose, CA

#10 Mar 13, 2010
If you ever want a hand ghost hunting emails heyitsfcc@yahoo.com
Hoosier

United States

#11 Jun 9, 2010
About 30 years ago, my sister and brother-in-law lived on Old Woman Springs Road and had several experiences there. One, my sis awoke one night and saw a woman walk across the living room and into a wall. Another, my brother-in-law and husband were barbequing in the back yard when they both yelled for us to come out and see several flying objects circle them and go back towards an air base near there.

Third and most interesting, a story my brother-in-law told my sis, and they told no one else until it happened to their friends. He was driving on Old Woman Springs Road one night in the dark and saw a mist ahead. It came to the side of his work truck, and he turned and saw a woman's face. He screamed and stepped on the gas, but she stayed next to the window no matter how fast he went. He stopped the truck and jumped out, there was nothing there. A couple weeks later, friends came out to visit, left after dark, and about 20 min. later called my brother-in-law to tell him about this woman's face beside their car! Up until then, they had told no one.
Idi O Syncrasy

Farmington, CA

#12 Jun 10, 2010
Hoosier wrote:
About 30 years ago, my sister and brother-in-law lived on Old Woman Springs Road and had several experiences there. One, my sis awoke one night and saw a woman walk across the living room and into a wall. Another, my brother-in-law and husband were barbequing in the back yard when they both yelled for us to come out and see several flying objects circle them and go back towards an air base near there.
Third and most interesting, a story my brother-in-law told my sis, and they told no one else until it happened to their friends. He was driving on Old Woman Springs Road one night in the dark and saw a mist ahead. It came to the side of his work truck, and he turned and saw a woman's face. He screamed and stepped on the gas, but she stayed next to the window no matter how fast he went. He stopped the truck and jumped out, there was nothing there. A couple weeks later, friends came out to visit, left after dark, and about 20 min. later called my brother-in-law to tell him about this woman's face beside their car! Up until then, they had told no one.
Sounds like Skinwalkers to me. Especially walking through a room and out through a solid wall. Seen it myself.
Someone who knows

Newport Beach, CA

#13 Jun 18, 2010
You want to see something really scary, just keep an eye out on your new Yucca Valley City Manager.
sarah

Riverside, CA

#14 Jul 14, 2010
I work at the only mortuary in yucca valley and i see dead bodies all the time..though I have heard stories and had a few scares here and there I have yet to experience anything significant. From time to time I have to go on first calls (pickig up bodies from wherever they pass away) and on one occasion we were near giant rock, and just being there gave me aa very strange feeling. I visited there years ago and the history fascintaed me, which i studied in depth. So the unexplainable feeling I had while we were there makes perfect sense. The body we picked up had been intibated when the paramedics tried to save him so there was a tube portruding out of his mouth from his lungs, When we rolled him over he let out a loud growel, like nothing I have ever heard, for like 30 seconds! It was just leftover air in his lungs but it was still a shock to hear a dead person make such a noise...pretty crazY!!
darkwater

Twentynine Palms, CA

#15 Nov 21, 2010
7744 hopi trail is haunted by the lady that passed away in the only bedroom with a window
darkwater

Twentynine Palms, CA

#16 Nov 21, 2010
7744 Hopi trail is haunted the woman of the house passed away in the late 70's in her sleep I am told in the only bedroom with a window she has been know to slam doors and cause items to move
Spooked

Gibsonia, PA

#17 Jan 26, 2011
Sally Dow wrote:
About 14 years ago, my daughter and I saw, more felt than saw, something that made me run to church for the first time in 15 years. It had something to do with chopped up, burned up bodies, but there were no bodies there. My 7 year old saw it first. We were at a cabin way up a dirt road in the hills in Morongo Valley.
Very recently, my friend and I were in Lucerne Valley when we stopped on the side of the road. When we turned the car off, my car started rocking from side to side with no explaination. When we got home I checked the realtime earthquake map (though it didn't feel like any other earthquake I'd ever been in); and there hadn't been any earthquakes.
I'm from Lucerne Valley and I don't doubt one bit that that happened. This town is very haunted, and I read your post that stated you were at camp rock and old woman springs rd. Camp rock happens to be extremely haunted, and if you turn left and follow it down all the way to northside, and down that too it gets more and more haunted. I myself have experienced quite a bit of activity on a few occasions in different parts of the town. I've researched it and can't find a whole lot but I do know that there were a lot of indian battles here and that some of the burial grounds were dug up for housing. I also know there is a tree that back in the early days was used as a hanging tree, people have claimed to see apparitions there. The scariest part is that there was a lot of Satanic rituals held out here, mostly on Camp Rock, Northside, and a place called the cove. Almost everyone in this town has had experiences and most of them, I believe. Lucerne Valley is most definitely haunted and truly a creepy place. Trust me.
highdesertparano rmal

San Diego, CA

#18 Feb 6, 2011
Yes we've had many cases out in lucerne. Particularly near milpas rd. Also at a abandoned house on 247 about two miles down from town.
joblow

Twentynine Palms, CA

#19 Mar 18, 2011
highdesertparanormal wrote:
Yes we've had many cases out in lucerne. Particularly near milpas rd. Also at a abandoned house on 247 about two miles down from town.
wheres the house on 247 located exactly?
drop

Palm Desert, CA

#20 Sep 22, 2011
darkwater wrote:
7744 hopi trail is haunted by the lady that passed away in the only bedroom with a window
My mom use to own that house. It's my grandpas ex wife.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Desert Hot Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Law Office Of Geoffrey M. Yaryan Oct 18 gmyaryan 1
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Oct 15 Ramya 151
Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) Oct 13 Orale 4,802
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Oct 8 Terry 126
Riverside County DA, let's two bad guys go free. Oct 4 Bill H 1
child molester at large in dhs Sep 25 Karen Wood 1
Review: Soho Sep 24 Mrs Matthew Olson 1

Desert Hot Springs Jobs

Desert Hot Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE