Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: CBS2 50,607

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Full Story

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#37686 Feb 16, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth is irrational and prejudicial?
You have yet to give a rational rebuttal to my points. Look at your post. Ad homoan attacks without a single specific rebuttal!
Moreover, you give partial quotes that distort the truth of SCOTUS rulings, and refuse to correct them when asked. It is another response that destroys the moral integrity of your position.
The government does have a legitimate interest in protecting the sole and best birthplace of every other human relationship. It has NO legitimate interest in extending those protections selectively to a friendship while discriminating against numerous other types of friendships.
That is the simple truth.
Smile.
<quoted text>
Ad homoan troll attack.
Still waiting for a rational rebuttle...
Smile
It fully deserved the castigation and mocking delivered.

I sink the knife of reality to the hilt into the belly of denial and twist it with a smirk. I kick at darkness until it bleeds light!

Did you say 'ouch'?

Snicker.

Don't forget, it's only ad hominem troll attacks when it's someone else doing it.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#37687 Feb 16, 2013
Rageoholic wrote:
<quoted text>

Nothing more than a friendship...because we all have sex, make out, romance, cohabitate, have children with, and etc with friends am I right?

You must have some very interesting friendships.

Personally I like seeing him get spanked page after page. It may be feeding a troll but I've actually learned a lot of good arguments from reading peoples responses to idiots on this site. I see them as a sort of target practic.
Am I surprised a gay likes to see me spanked???

I simply was relating it to the recent TV series 'Friends'.

As to gays having kids together, really?

With one side of your mouth you remove kids from the equation so you can claim marriage, now you want to make sex a requirement. Selective bigotry, isn't it?

I would suggest your definition of spanking is as accurate as your claim of marriage.

Smirk smile.

Location hidden

#37688 Feb 16, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Am I surprised a gay likes to see me spanked???
I simply was relating it to the recent TV series 'Friends'.
As to gays having kids together, really?
With one side of your mouth you remove kids from the equation so you can claim marriage, now you want to make sex a requirement. Selective bigotry, isn't it?
I would suggest your definition of spanking is as accurate as your claim of marriage.
Smirk smile.
I'm a lesbian, sorry to burst your fantasy.

I didn't say they were requirements. I just find it funny that you would reduce a relationship in which all these things exist to nothing more than a friendship.

Location hidden

#37689 Feb 16, 2013
Rageoholic wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a lesbian, sorry to burst your fantasy.
I didn't say they were requirements. I just find it funny that you would reduce a relationship in which all these things exist to nothing more than a friendship.
Oh, I reduced nothing. I simply noted a distinction between friendships and marriage.

You forget that David and Jonathan had a phenomenal friendship, distinct from their marriages, but still an amazing friendship.

As much as you like seeing me spanked, maybe you are not the lesbian you thought you were?

Smile.

Location hidden

#37690 Feb 16, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I reduced nothing. I simply noted a distinction between friendships and marriage.
You forget that David and Jonathan had a phenomenal friendship, distinct from their marriages, but still an amazing friendship.
As much as you like seeing me spanked, maybe you are not the lesbian you thought you were?
Smile.
Once again you have a strange definition of friendship. What would you call the relationship between two people of any gender who have sex and romance out of curiousity? Not my definition of marriage btw, just wondering what you would call them.

Location hidden

#37691 Feb 16, 2013
Rageoholic wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again you have a strange definition of friendship. What would you call the relationship between two people of any gender who have sex and romance out of curiousity? Not my definition of marriage btw, just wondering what you would call them.
Immoral.

Location hidden

#37692 Feb 16, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Immoral.
Oh you silly snake you. I expected you to try to piss me off instead of actually answering, I have not been disappointed.

Location hidden

#37693 Feb 16, 2013
Rageoholic wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you silly snake you. I expected you to try to piss me off instead of actually answering, I have not been disappointed.
LOL!
wtf

Pope, MS

#37694 Feb 16, 2013
Live and let live. WHY is it ANYONE else's business who someone LOVES?
WHY is their FAMILY any of YOUR business?
WHAT HARM ARE THEY DOING TO YOU?
WHY do you HATE them for who they LOVE?`
If I am to believe the "christians", and their "god" whom they claim creates EVERY thing in this world, WHY would YOUR "god" create "some of his children" to be HATED, ridiculed & to be murdered by YOU? That's insane! YOU ARE INSANE!
WHY do you HATE them for who they LOVE?

Location hidden

#37695 Feb 16, 2013
To them the harm is to society. They have this absurd notion that the country as a whole somehow has a set of morals that should be maintained. They like to impose their morals on everybody else. They don't believe in live and let live. That you are free to be whoever you want and do whatever you want as long as there is no harm to anyone else. They don't believe in freedom.

“"Secular Humanism Rocks"”

Since: Feb 13

Waco Texas

#37696 Feb 16, 2013
Rageoholic wrote:
To them the harm is to society. They have this absurd notion that the country as a whole somehow has a set of morals that should be maintained. They like to impose their morals on everybody else. They don't believe in live and let live. That you are free to be whoever you want and do whatever you want as long as there is no harm to anyone else. They don't believe in freedom.
Ain't it the truth! But Illinois will soon be added to the states of Maine,Maryland and lets not forget Washington state! And the good thing is they can't do anything to stop the march of equality!Isn't the Constitution great,gotta especially love that 14th amendment!
Sandra

Burlington, WI

#37697 Feb 16, 2013
Wow, this Kimare dude is getting his ass handed to him on a platter.

I notice he copies and pastes the same stuff on multiple threads. What a sad tool he must be.
Greg Dales Brenda Lee

Burlington, WI

#37698 Feb 16, 2013
Yes, Kimare is one sick puppy. He's got some mental issues, but he refuses to seek help for them. He seriously thinks that his opinions represent national norms.
Kirschmann Watchmann

Burlington, WI

#37699 Feb 16, 2013
You noticed that too?

Location hidden

#37700 Feb 17, 2013
wtf wrote:
Live and let live. WHY is it ANYONE else's business who someone LOVES?
WHY is their FAMILY any of YOUR business?
If I am to believe the "christians", and their "god" whom they claim creates EVERY thing in this world, WHY would YOUR "god" create "some of his children" to be HATED, ridiculed & to be murdered by YOU? That's insane! YOU ARE INSANE!
WHY do you HATE them for who they LOVE?
Blonde rant.

Who is stopping love?

No one I know 'hates' gays, let alone murders them.

They just see a difference between marriage and duplicate gendered couples.

They recognize that among numerous distinctions, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

And like numerous other relationships, gay couples not only fail in that basic essence of marriage, they are a defective, desolate contradiction. Literally 'unmarriage'.

That the term 'gay marriage' is an oxymoron.

Once you calm down from your gay twirl hissy fit, perhaps you have a reasoned, rational response?

Smile.

Location hidden

#37701 Feb 17, 2013
Kirschmann Watchmann wrote:
Wow, this Kimare dude is getting his ass handed to him on a platter.

I notice he copies and pastes the same stuff on multiple threads. What a sad tool he must be.
Greg Dales Brenda Lee

Elkhorn, WI

Yes, Kimare is one sick puppy. He's got some mental issues, but he refuses to seek help for them. He seriously thinks that his opinions represent national norms.

You noticed that too?
Gay twirl ad homoan troll attack.

Do you have any reasoned, rational response to answer one of my facts. As you know, I'm a near senile old jack ass.

Should be easy for someone like you.

SNicker.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#37703 Feb 17, 2013
No Harm No Foul wrote:
<quoted text>
Ain't it the truth! But Illinois will soon be added to the states of Maine,Maryland and lets not forget Washington state! And the good thing is they can't do anything to stop the march of equality!Isn't the Constitution great,gotta especially love that 14th amendment!
Both the 5th and 14th amendments require equal treatment for all persons under the law. The Golden Rule is not just a promise of the founding documents, it is required by the constitution. As procreation is not a legal requirement, no one has presented a legitimate governmental interest sufficient for denial of the fundamental right of marriage.

"In the court’s final analysis, the government’s only basis for supporting DOMA comes down to an apparent belief that the moral views of the majority may properly be enacted as the law of the land in regard to state-sanctioned same-sex marriage in disregard of the personal status and living conditions of a significant segment of our pluralistic society. Such a view is not consistent with the evidence or the law as embodied in the Fifth Amendment with respect to the thoughts expressed in this decision. The court has no doubt about its conclusion: DOMA deprives them of the equal protection of the law to which they are entitled."

AOL

#37704 Feb 17, 2013
"The Court finds that neither Congress' claimed legislative justifications nor any of the proposed reasons proffered by BLAG constitute bases rationally related to any of the alleged governmental interests. Further, after concluding that neither the law nor the record can sustain any of the interests suggested, the Court, having tried on its own, cannot conceive of any additional interests that DOMA might further."

"Prejudice, we are beginning to understand, rises not from malice or hostile animus alone. It may result as well from insensitivity caused by simple want of careful, rational reflection or from some instinctive mechanism to guard against people who appear to be different in some respects from ourselves."

Conclusion: DOMA, as it relates to Golinski's case, "violates her right to equal protection of the law under the Fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution" (Golinski)

“As irrational prejudice plainly never constitutes a legitimate government interest, this court must hold that Section 3 of DOMA as applied to Plaintiffs violates the equal protection principles embodied in the Fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution.”(Gill)

AOL

#37705 Feb 17, 2013
"Everybody's journey is individual. If you fall in love with a boy, you fall in love with a boy. The fact that many Americans consider it a disease says more about them than it does about homosexuality."
James A. Baldwin
Tracy Turnblad

Burlington, WI

#37706 Feb 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Blonde rant.
They recognize that among numerous distinctions, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
And like numerous other relationships, gay couples not only fail in that basic essence of marriage, they are a defective, desolate contradiction. Literally 'unmarriage'.
That the term 'gay marriage' is an oxymoron....
Smile.
&li st=PLDA950047D03D327B

You can't stop an avalanche as it races down the hill
You can try to stop the seasons, girl, but you know you never will
And you can try to stop my dancin' feet, but I just cannot stand still!

'Cause the world keeps spinnin' round and round
And my heart's keepin' time to the speed of sound
I was lost 'til I heard the drums, and I found my way
'Cause you can't stop the beat

Ever since this whole world began
A woman found out if she shook it, she could shake up a man
And so I'm gonna shake and shimmy it the best that I can today
'Cause you can't stop the motion of the ocean or the sun in the sky
You can wonder if you wanna, but I'll never ask why
And if you try to hold me down, I'm gonna spit in your eye and say
That You Can't Stop the Beat!

You can't stop the river as it rushes to the sea
You can try to stop the hands of time, but you know it just can't be!
And if they try to stop us, Seaweed, I'll call the N double A C P

Cause the world keeps spinnin round and round
And my heart's keepin time to the speed of sound
I was lost 'til I heard the drums, then I found my way
Cause you can't stop the beat!

Ever since we first saw the light
A man and woman like to shake it on a Saturday night
So I'm gonna shake and shimmy it with all of my might today
Cause you can't stop the motion of the ocean, or the rain from above
You can try to stop the paradise were dreamin' of
But you cannot stop the rhythm of two hearts in love to stay
'Cause you can't stop the beat!

You can't stop my happiness, cause I like the way I am
And you just can't stop my knife and fork when I see a Christmas Ham!
And if you don't like the way I look, well, I just don't give a damn!

Cause the world keeps spinnin' round and round
And my hearts keepin time to the speed of sound

Cause you can't stop the beat...

Ever since this whole world began
A woman found out if she shook it she could shake up a man
So I'm gonna shake and shimmy it the best that I can today!
Cause you can't stop the motion of the ocean or the sun in the sky
You can wonder if you wanna but I'll never ask why
And if you try to hold me down, I'm gonna spit in your eye and say
That you can't stop the beat!

Oh, Oh, Oh
You can't stop today [No!]
As it comes speeding 'round the track [oooh, child yes!]
Yesterday is hist'ry [be gone!]
And it's never comin' back![Look ahead, cause...]
Tomorrow is a brand new day, and it don't know white from black [Yeah!]

'Cause the world keeps spinnin' round and round
And my heart's keepin time to the speed of sound

Ever since we first saw the light,
A man and woman like to shake it on a Saturday night
So I'm gonna shake and shimmy it with all of my might today!
Cause you can't stop the motion of the ocean, or the rain from above
And you can try to stop the paradise we're dreamin' of
But you cannot stop the rhythm of two hearts in love to stay

Aah, aah, aah,
Ahh, ahh, ahh
Ahh, ahh, ahh ahh

Ever since we first saw the light
A man and woman like to shake it on a saturday night
But now we're gonna shake and shimmy it and have some fun today!
Cause you can't stop the Motion of the ocean or the rain from above
You can try to stop the paradise were dreamin of
But you cannot stop the rhythm of two hearts in love to stay!
Cause you can't stop the beat!
You can't stop the beat
You can't stop the beat

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Des Plaines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Tony Rome 1,125,478
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 179,285
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 47,488
Hanover Park Teen Charged In Weekend Stabbing (Jun '09) 4 hr Karma is a B 43
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 hr JOEL 70,024
Babe Serpico Statue of Felons 8 hr sloppy seconds 5
Eugene Field School (Dec '08) 8 hr CandyGodfrey 8
Des Plaines Dating
Find my Match

Des Plaines Jobs

Des Plaines People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Des Plaines News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Des Plaines

Personal Finance