Topix Chitown Regulars

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#88703 Jul 24, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
http://feedly.com/k/14IEDaT
America, America. God shed his grace on thee
Perfectly acceptable on my keto diet, yum!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#88704 Jul 24, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
I wonder if you could use those with a cookie or pizza type dough and fill them with other stuff?

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#88705 Jul 24, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder if you could use those with a cookie or pizza type dough and fill them with other stuff?
Pinterest had a thing where you put cookie dough over the bumps in an upside down cupcake tin and bake it for ice cream bowls. I'd look it up, but I'm drinking. This Pinot noir is growing on me.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#88706 Jul 24, 2013

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#88707 Jul 24, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
LW has three kids. Two daughters, one son. Two daughters went to expensive private colleges, parents paid the bulk of tuition so there were no loans. Daughters can't find work and are living at home. Son went to trade school and is doing well. So parents are giving him the same amount of money they spent on their daughters' college education.
And the daughters are FURIOUS.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/econom...
I kind of wonder if my dad is keeping track of that kind of stuff. I ain't gonna be too mad if he's not. I'd rather be me than my sister any day.

Not, like, in a jerk way, if that sounds arrogant. I'm far from perfect, I just take pride in not sucking from, the proverbial teet.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#88708 Jul 24, 2013
I'm hungry.

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#88709 Jul 24, 2013
Cesar salad with grilled pork loins. Extra heavy on the cheese...Nom nom!
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I'm hungry.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#88710 Jul 24, 2013
Saag paneer (Indian spinach and cheese) over riced cauliflower. Sofeckinggood. And the aforementioned wine.

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#88711 Jul 24, 2013
OMFG! My cholesterol jumped just watching that!
I would be tempted to buy a toaster over for them alone!
Mister Tonka wrote:

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#88712 Jul 24, 2013
What's the difference between jam and jelly?

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#88713 Jul 24, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I'm hungry.
I wasn't, but now I am. I want Indian food and ice cream in a cookie dough bowl. And wine.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#88714 Jul 24, 2013
RACE wrote:
OMFG! My cholesterol jumped just watching that!
I would be tempted to buy a toaster over for them alone!
<quoted text>
Crazy Luddite. You should have a toaster oven anyway. Mini pizzas? Small batches of cookies from pre-made cookie dough? Hello?

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#88715 Jul 24, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Crazy Luddite. You should have a toaster oven anyway. Mini pizzas? Small batches of cookies from pre-made cookie dough? Hello?
I know, right? I have a friend who has never owned a toaster over and prefers a toaster. I use my toaster oven way more than the full size oven and rarely to make toast. I could not imagine not having one.(though I do have a big one. Just lessens my need to turn on the big oven since I can fit my small casserole dish in there. Even has a rotisserie.

This is mine.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/GE-Convection-Toast...

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#88716 Jul 24, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
one shakes and the other doesn't...?

in reality, jam uses the fruit, whereas jelly is just the juice...

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#88717 Jul 24, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/inarel ationshipwithpizza/27-best-pho tos-of-cookie-bowl-fails-7shb
Here it is.
Thanks.

I don't bake a lot but I can tell that there was probably too much butter or shortening in many of those recipes. That's what makes them melt. The flip (literally) is that I saved a batch of cookie dough that had too much butter by baking it in the mini cupcake tins so they spread up and not out.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#88718 Jul 24, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
A jelly is strained and is clear. Jam had slid pieces of fruit in it. Preserves has bigger pieces and uses more sugar..

My BF's parents had a pie cherry tree and their next door neighbors had one too. One day me, BF and a friend whose father had a diner type restaurant picked both trees as clean as we could and made cherry... everything. Jelly, jam when we got tired of straining stuff, juice, a couple of pies, prepped cherries for freezer and future use. My BF's mother was a gem for letting us stay up all night and really mess her kitchen.The house smelled of cherries for a week. OTOH I was 16, the guys were 18 and she knew where we were and what we were doing.

I still make cherry juice, but I buy the jelly/jam preserves these days.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#88719 Jul 24, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, right? I have a friend who has never owned a toaster over and prefers a toaster. I use my toaster oven way more than the full size oven and rarely to make toast. I could not imagine not having one.(though I do have a big one. Just lessens my need to turn on the big oven since I can fit my small casserole dish in there. Even has a rotisserie.
This is mine.
Is this when you are cooking for yourself? What about the boys and Mrs Tonka?

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#88720 Jul 24, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I know, right? I have a friend who has never owned a toaster over and prefers a toaster. I use my toaster oven way more than the full size oven and rarely to make toast. I could not imagine not having one.(though I do have a big one. Just lessens my need to turn on the big oven since I can fit my small casserole dish in there. Even has a rotisserie.

This is mine.

Ours can fit a decent size pizza in it. 15 inch, maybe.

I'd think all you Floridians would have one, so you don't have to heat up the oven as often in the summer.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#88721 Jul 24, 2013
Wrong. The difference is I can't jelly my c0<# down your throat! HAHAHAHAHAHA! Hear that from the chick on Adam Carolla.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#88722 Jul 24, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Is this when you are cooking for yourself? What about the boys and Mrs Tonka?
That toaster oven is on the big side. You think I eat a whole casserole baking dish of stuff myself?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Des Plaines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min nanoanomaly 1,600,572
Canada,not so welcoming after all!! 3 min One Country Down 3
Child Molestation at Chicago Cult 6 min Yes We Can 19
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 23 min SweLL GirL 11,302
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Misses Abiff 242,610
News Some in Cicero take issue with flying of Mexica... (Oct '08) 3 hr They cannot kill ... 1,574
Whatever became of Vida? 5 hr They Flew andLOST 8

Des Plaines Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Des Plaines Mortgages