Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1262810 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

carol

Orlando, FL

#823806 Dec 17, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Carol, I'm happy it bothered you.
I was there last evening. The President hit all the right notes, and the people applauded the idea that the POTUS cared enough to attend a memorial and pray and cry with them for their losses.
And you're bothered?? You really are a sick, warped woman. You should be cheering for Obama!! But you're a crude racist, so I expect nothing more from a sick witch like you.
Campaign like applause?? You havbe definitions for applauses?? How is a campaign applause different from a welcoming applause for the leader of our nation??
Your hatred for your own nation is on full display this morning, you unAmerican POS.
BTW, every person who spoke from the podium was introduced and applauded. The clergy, the Governor, and the President.
Take your right wing hatred and anti-American thinking and stuff it where the sun doesn't shine.
Decorum for this occasion was breached. It wasn't about the president showing up and being applauded for it.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#823807 Dec 17, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Dave, somebody must be pissed off at you (easy to understand given your attitude) because all that is just too much to be a coincidence.
What did the police say when you reported all these crimes, because they are crimes?
"Fairy tales will come true...."
I did not know when or where my vehicles were struck.

Both strikes to my home were accidents. Accidents caused by gun owners who were not educated in the care & use of the guns they were using.

I have a private hunting club to the back & state Game Lands to the front. Deer hunters galore but they did not do this.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#823809 Dec 17, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
And any one who has ever had any experience remotely, in even just knowing some one that may be afflicted with such, should realize, sudden outbreaks of violent behavior, is certainly not unheard of.
Unless they're living in some sort of denial, of their own limitations.
Any child, and every child, is subject to 'sudden outbreaks of violent behavior'. Anyone who has ever had any experience with children on a daily basis knows this.

Asperger's kids are self-absorbed, often frustrated, and find it difficult to socialize, but they are not "violent" by definition, simply because they are afflicted with 'such'.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#823810 Dec 17, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Ironically, the president talked of children as being a vital part of ourselves with their very first cry. In actuality, every parent knows they become a vital part of ourselves when hearing the heartbeat for the very first time and seeing them moving around in the womb on a sonogram. He spoke of children being "suddenly exposed to the world, to possible mishap or malice, and every parent knows there’s nothing we will not do to shield our children from harm"...except suction them out with a vacuum or pierce the back of their neck with a sharp object upon delivery if they are an inconvenience.
A beating heart and moving limbs doesn't constitute a living human being apparently. Millions of these unborn lives will never even have a first cry because they aren't shielded from malice or harm.
That bothered me too.
Take your abortion stupidity and stuff it!!

Abortion is legal, a fetus is not a human being.

Life begins when the first breath is drawn outside the womb, idiot!!

Deal with it, you wingnut!!
THE DEBIL

Washington, DC

#823811 Dec 17, 2012
LESSEE..
DEBIL GON'. "STEP UP TO THE PLATE, BE A TEAM PLAYER, GO FO' THE EXTRA POINT, PASS THE BALL, WIN ONE FO' THE GIPPER, GO THE EXTRA MILE, SWING FO' THE BLEACHERS, MAN, I FO'GETTIN' ALL THE SPORTS BULLSHIT? OH WELL... YOU OL' FUCKS JUS' NEED TO DIE AN' GET IT OVER WITH. NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOU ANY MO'
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#823812 Dec 17, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not know when or where my vehicles were struck.
Both strikes to my home were accidents. Accidents caused by gun owners who were not educated in the care & use of the guns they were using.
I have a private hunting club to the back & state Game Lands to the front. Deer hunters galore but they did not do this.
Did you report any of these incidents to police?

It is not an accident when someone fires a gun without knowledge of where he is shooting.

Sounds like more typical Dave BS.

Loysville, PA

#823813 Dec 17, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Raising taxes on a few people, without spending control, will do nothing to reduce the deficit.
Obama refuses to discuss real spending cuts.
So over the cliff we go.
I get it.

If your family can't meet its budget, you getting a second job doesn't help.

Nope.

Don't you dare increase your income.

Feed the kids 4 times a week. That will save money!
carol

Orlando, FL

#823814 Dec 17, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
She's totally nuts and obsessed about that nonsense. It must be personal, just sayin...
Carol, forgive yourself and set yourself free.
"A society is ultimately judged by how it treats its weakest and most vulnerable members."

Quote repeated by Truman and Ghandi among others.

So you be the judge:

http://vimeo.com/9867096

Make sure you watch the whole thing before your verdict.

Location hidden

#823815 Dec 17, 2012
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha ha! We dont need to debate this any further, because I know you think this is your "big chance" to ban guns. Lets just reconvene here in a couple of weeks and we can discuss how successful your "big push" was (LOL).
That's what you said about Obama's reelection.

That's what you said about the SC and Obamacare.

So it's a given that you talk thru your azz, Bronach.

There will be new gun laws,take it to the bank.

Even the Republiclowns are changing positions.

And the stupidity that even the police can't find where you live is ssooo amusing!!

They know you live in a dumpster near the trailer park in Tuscon.

You appear here for comic relief.

That's why everyone laughs at you and your baseline ignorance!!
carol

Orlando, FL

#823816 Dec 17, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Take your abortion stupidity and stuff it!!
Abortion is legal, a fetus is not a human being.
Life begins when the first breath is drawn outside the womb, idiot!!
Deal with it, you wingnut!!

You can be the judge and jury too.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#823817 Dec 17, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaker Boehner has already made a move to increase taxes provided that Obama is willing to move on spending.
Obama refuses to compromise in any way.
So we go over the fiscal cliff.
(The Norquist pledge is just a red herring, not worthy of discussion.)
President Obama won the election
Romney polled a poor 47%
Republicans are at odds with the voters on guns, right to vote and issues on rape brought up by lovely Republican Senate candidates.

Republican can raise taxes on 98% of Americans if they wish.

Location hidden

#823818 Dec 17, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Decorum for this occasion was breached. It wasn't about the president showing up and being applauded for it.
Sure, Carol.

Your model is for the President to fly over the scens, ala Bush and New Orleans.

How'd that remote way of dealing with a tragedy work for him??

Obama showed compassion and caring. The people of Newtown got the message, even if it flew right over your drug addled head.

He handled it perfectly.

Your anger is proof of this.

Deal with it, you hateful loser!!
carol

Orlando, FL

#823819 Dec 17, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
The first responders received the same level of applause. Didn't they show that part on Fox?
Was Obama a first responder? Or was he about to deliver the most somber speech any president could deliver?

The applause wasn't simply polite and respectful. The applause sounded more like a political rally.

Extremely inappropriate.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#823820 Dec 17, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it was, and so much for all your talk about becoming kinder and less mean. You are a sick in the head woman so consumed with hatred of the President that it permeates from every pore of your body. Get help.
You even turn a most touching memorial service that the President came to, and comforted the families of the victims, a healing event into something ugly, ugly like the hatred that consumes you, you're no different than the Westboro freaks.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#823821 Dec 17, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Was Obama a first responder? Or was he about to deliver the most somber speech any president could deliver?
The applause wasn't simply polite and respectful. The applause sounded more like a political rally.
Extremely inappropriate.
No, what is extremely inappropriate is you and you sick hatred of the President, even at a memorial service.
Get help.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#823822 Dec 17, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it.
If your family can't meet its budget, you getting a second job doesn't help.
Nope.
Don't you dare increase your income.
Feed the kids 4 times a week. That will save money!
What does any of that drivel have to do with the federal budget?
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#823823 Dec 17, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
"A society is ultimately judged by how it treats its weakest and most vulnerable members."
Quote repeated by Truman and Ghandi among others.
So you be the judge:
Make sure you watch the whole thing before your verdict.
Funny coming from the Republican Party describing the 47% and "the takers".
The party of Senate rape candidates.

Republican presidents have done nothing on the abortion issue- Ford, GHW Bush, GW Bush and Ron Reagan. Seems a pattern, all talk and no action.
Peace
ole_47

Oklahoma City, OK

#823824 Dec 17, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
She's totally nuts and obsessed about that nonsense. It must be personal, just sayin...
Carol, forgive yourself and set yourself free.
I'd give a kidney to see how many fuses would blow in your head if Social Security really went bankropt...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#823825 Dec 17, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You can be the judge and jury too.
You must have had quite a few abortions if you're that obsessed about it; forgive yourself.

Loysville, PA

#823826 Dec 17, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you report any of these incidents to police?
It is not an accident when someone fires a gun without knowledge of where he is shooting.
Sounds like more typical Dave BS.
Neighbor's family members.

They stopped & learned a little.

As for you, I don't really give a rat's ass whether you believe it or not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Des Plaines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min Enter 194,398
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 28 min Whiny1 6,254
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 51 min loose cannon 100,273
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Archie 54,332
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Ariel Sharon 70,141
News "Plumber Rapist" Fights For Freedom (Sep '08) 4 hr Unknown 11
Amy 7-29-15 6 hr mrs gladys kravitz 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Des Plaines Mortgages