Chicago Chick-fil-A owner wants to talk with Emanuel

Jul 26, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chicago Tribune

The owner of the city's only Chick-fil-A restaurant today asked Mayor Rahm Emanuel to meet with her after Emanuel said the anti-gay views of the fast-food chain's president don't mesh with Chicago values.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of141
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Canon

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

Why in the world does the local government/dictators get to discriminate against any business?

THEY in turn are discriminating against many citizens who would enjoy Chick Fil A. The local government/dictators are the BIGGEST discriminators!!!

If customers do not want to go they don't have to go, but GOOD GREIF they should have the OPPORTUNITY... and it's the OPPORTUNITY the local government/dictators want to TAKE AWAY!!

Shameful and dreadful!!!
Miss Blue Diamond Diva

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

Canon wrote:
Why in the world does the local government/dictators get to discriminate against any business?
THEY in turn are discriminating against many citizens who would enjoy Chick Fil A. The local government/dictators are the BIGGEST discriminators!!!
If customers do not want to go they don't have to go, but GOOD GREIF they should have the OPPORTUNITY... and it's the OPPORTUNITY the local government/dictators want to TAKE AWAY!!
Shameful and dreadful!!!
what makes you think chick-fil-A has the right to discriminate certain custumers based on their sexual orientation? "YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW" and that's the bottom line.
Pam

Grove City, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

Miss Blue Diamond Diva wrote:
<quoted text> what makes you think chick-fil-A has the right to discriminate certain custumers based on their sexual orientation? "YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW" and that's the bottom line.
What makes you think Chik-Fil-A has discriminated against anyone? Has any gay ever been refused service? Do you know of even one incident where a gay person wasn't hired? I'm sure it would be trotted out all over the internet if there was such an event. Having a belief (a very popular belief, BTW, judging how many states have voted AGAINST "gay marriage") is not a discrimination. But keep up the good work. I've been hoping for an incident to wake up the population about the nastinest and left-leaning attitudes of gays. This Chik-Fil-A issue seems to be doing the trick. As they say, God works in mysterious ways.:-)
Miss Blue Diamond Diva

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

Pam wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think Chik-Fil-A has discriminated against anyone? Has any gay ever been refused service? Do you know of even one incident where a gay person wasn't hired? I'm sure it would be trotted out all over the internet if there was such an event. Having a belief (a very popular belief, BTW, judging how many states have voted AGAINST "gay marriage") is not a discrimination. But keep up the good work. I've been hoping for an incident to wake up the population about the nastinest and left-leaning attitudes of gays. This Chik-Fil-A issue seems to be doing the trick. As they say, God works in mysterious ways.:-)
the majority heterosexual community did a good job by *IFRINGING* the rights of a minority by oppossing gay marriage in most states however, gays have come a long way to have ssm legal in 7 states, we don't demand "acceptance" we demand "equality" big difference! Don't sugar coat employment for gays when you know they are always discriminated against, employers know better not to discriminate unless they can afford a lawsuit and tolerate a headheache they don't need. Someone's personal lifestyle is no one's bussiness unless they have a criminal background that includes child molestation, then i can understand that employment should be denied , that crime comes from straights and gays i assume.
I know

Ville Platte, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

Just another ( black) trying to run over. White ppl, they should be thankful. Our forefathers brought them over from Africa !!! Or they woul sill be. Running. From lions!!!
Joke

Wheaton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text> what makes you think chick-fil-A has the right to discriminate certain custumers based on their sexual orientation? "YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW" and that's the bottom line.
Chic-fil-a HASN'T discriminated against certain customers. Care to cite a single example.
Joke

Wheaton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

<quoted text> the majority heterosexual community did a good job by *IFRINGING* the rights of a minority by oppossing gay marriage in most states however, gays have come a long way to have ssm legal in 7 states, we don't demand "acceptance" we demand "equality" big difference! Don't sugar coat employment for gays when you know they are always discriminated against, employers know better not to discriminate unless they can afford a lawsuit and tolerate a headheache they don't need. Someone's personal lifestyle is no one's bussiness unless they have a criminal background that includes child molestation, then i can understand that employment should be denied , that crime comes from straights and gays i assume.
How exactly would any employer know who somebody prefers to screw in a job interview???
Miss Blue Diamond Diva

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Joke wrote:
<quoted text>
How exactly would any employer know who somebody prefers to screw in a job interview???
may be by the way they look, some gays look totally gay.
Miss Blue Diamond Diva

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

Joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Chic-fil-a HASN'T discriminated against certain customers. Care to cite a single example.
are You aware of what this thead is about? chick-fill-A main reason of this scandal is that they stated that marriage should be between a man and a woman, not in all states is like that, so do some research and find out more about the reason of chick-fill-A's comments.
John

Elk Grove Village, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

deadfish Rahm is a political hack of the highest type.
What ever happened to a persons right to feel anyway they wish? He can have his opinion. This is America.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

I know wrote:
Just another ( black) trying to run over. White ppl, they should be thankful. Our forefathers brought them over from Africa !!! Or they woul sill be. Running. From lions!!!
Here are your simple instructions:

1-Go to the window
2-Open it
3-Plunge to your death
ELH

Vancouver, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

Pam wrote:
Best part of this whole Chik-Fil-A issue - it is giving lots of people who don't usually pay that much attention to gays a chance to see them at their very worst - nasty, left-leaning, and extremely intolerant. I think it is going to be a real wake-up call to folks who have been somewhat open to the idea of gays to see this very, very bad view of them and realize this is the real deal. Every black cloud has a silver lining, and God works in mysterious ways. BTW, you've got the kiss-in date wrong.
Best part of this whole Chik-Fil-A issue is that it's giving lots of people who don't usually pay that much attention to gay issues a chance to see these small minded "christians" for what they really are - nasty, right leaning, extremely intolerant and JUDGMENTAL hypocrites.

I think it is going to be a real wake-up call to folks who have been somewhat apathetic to the issue of gay rights and same sex marriage. After all what's BETTER than seeing this very very bad view of those opposing Gay rights and realize this is a REAL social and civil rights issue.

Yes Pam, You are right- every black cloud does have a silver lining, and God does work in mysterious ways.
Darryl

Youngstown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

I know wrote:
I suppose your thieving forefathers had a hand in bringing your sorry but over as well.
Miss Blue Diamond Diva

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

Judged:

John wrote:
deadfish Rahm is a political hack of the highest type.
What ever happened to a persons right to feel anyway they wish? He can have his opinion. This is America.
that's what you should tell the bigots that opposse same sex marriage, this is america, gays should be able to marry anywhere in the u.s.a
Miss Blue Diamond Diva

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

Judged:

ELH wrote:
<quoted text>
Best part of this whole Chik-Fil-A issue is that it's giving lots of people who don't usually pay that much attention to gay issues a chance to see these small minded "christians" for what they really are - nasty, right leaning, extremely intolerant and JUDGMENTAL hypocrites.
I think it is going to be a real wake-up call to folks who have been somewhat apathetic to the issue of gay rights and same sex marriage. After all what's BETTER than seeing this very very bad view of those opposing Gay rights and realize this is a REAL social and civil rights issue.
Yes Pam, You are right- every black cloud does have a silver lining, and God does work in mysterious ways.
did you see the poster you just answer this statement to? That's how horrible america has become, bigotry, hate discrimination and intolerance is only some of the few examples that the average american now in days delivers, that is also another example of why a lot of countries hate america , greed is another one, welcome to the "DIVIDED STATES OF AMERICA".
Sailor Draco

Laguna Niguel, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text> that's what you should tell the bigots that opposse same sex marriage, this is america, gays should be able to marry anywhere in the u.s.a
Exactly
obarry

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text> did you see the poster you just answer this statement to? That's how horrible america has become, bigotry, hate discrimination and intolerance is only some of the few examples that the average american now in days delivers, that is also another example of why a lot of countries hate america , greed is another one, welcome to the "DIVIDED STATES OF AMERICA".
I agree, the bigotry and hate is terrible, look at the way Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, the nation of islm and louis Farrakhan, Jeremiah Wright, William Ayres, Maxine waters......sickening.
Miss Blue Diamond Diva

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

Judged:

obarry wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, the bigotry and hate is terrible, look at the way Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, the nation of islm and louis Farrakhan, Jeremiah Wright, William Ayres, Maxine waters......sickening.
yep, i forgot to mention RACISM, that is another big problem america faces today.(Even though it's been going on for hundreds and hundreds of years) sad but true.
Canon

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

Judged:

No one has been discriminated against by Chick Fil A!

Chick Fil A is the one being discriminated against when the local government/dictators think they can withhold the development of a business due to personal believe. In fact it is not legal!

Hide and watch!

In fact you who make this such an issue are doing your selfs a dis-service. These are the kind of actions that cause you to be viewed as such haters! You want tolerance... YET you do not demonstrate it. Chick Fil A DID NOT DISCRIMINATE....THEY ARE ONES BEING DISCRIMINATED. It makes y'all look like wackos. It's a shame, because I know homosexual people that are embarassed by the actions of a few. You do them more harm. I feel bad for them.
Canon

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text> Don't sugar coat employment for gays when you know they are always discriminated against.
NOT TRUE. I have worked with several, NONE have been discriminated against and THEY would tell you that!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of141
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Des Plaines Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Des Plaines People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••