Pennies are seen in a pile - Des Plai...

Pennies are seen in a pile - Des Plaines, IL - Jul 6, 2006 - Photo: Tim Boyle/Getty Images

There are 1 comment on the WCBS Newsradio 880 story from Aug 19, 2010, titled Pennies are seen in a pile - Des Plaines, IL - Jul 6, 2006 - Photo: Tim Boyle/Getty Images. In it, WCBS Newsradio 880 reports that:

Sam Corcan hopes big changes will come about from his small change. He's had it with property tax increases in Lyndhurst, as WCBS 880's Sean Adams reports.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCBS Newsradio 880.

Mark Corkin

Geneva, NY

#1 Aug 19, 2010
His name is 'Corkin' btw. Just got wind of this and think its great. Worked his ass off for 35 years to pay off the house and send 3 kids through school. HIs taxes in retirement have jumped from 6k to 9k on perceived value. GO DAD! Next year hopefully he'll go with pennies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Des Plaines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Joy 1,564,561
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 48 min Dr Guru 242,254
Review; Festa Italiana 9 hr Fest man 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 9 hr They cannot kill ... 11,015
Rahm Emmanuel fake mafia boss 12 hr Ricardo montobomb 1
Spanx-they're for me. 16 hr test 6
TRUTH will be revealed, someday, maybe. 17 hr Blame muslims 9

Des Plaines Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Des Plaines Mortgages