Des Plaines Library Dist. finally get...

Des Plaines Library Dist. finally gets its win

There are 231 comments on the Suburban Chicago News story from Feb 4, 2010, titled Des Plaines Library Dist. finally gets its win. In it, Suburban Chicago News reports that:

Voters on Tuesday approved a referendum proposal to build a new Crest Hill library and renovate libraries in Lockport and Romeoville.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Suburban Chicago News.

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
In the Know

Hinsdale, IL

#233 May 26, 2010
The people voted. Those of you who didn't want it, too bad. Democracy works.
Pizza and Politics

Naperville, IL

#234 May 27, 2010
In the Know wrote:
Democracy is not always fair, it's just what the mojority of people want. Get out and vote.
Larry

Elk Grove Village, IL

#235 May 29, 2010
Pizza and Politics wrote:
<quoted text>
Democracy is not always fair, it's just what the mojority of people want. Get out and vote.
mojority? I'm sure you did that on purpose for effect.
Pizza and Politics

Naperville, IL

#236 May 29, 2010
Larry wrote:
<quoted text>
mojority? I'm sure you did that on purpose for effect.
Thank you Larry, nice obluration. All that is need to vote is a "voters card"
Larry

Elk Grove Village, IL

#237 May 29, 2010
Did you mean obturation? "All that is need"?
I guess I'm oblurating again.
Pizza and Politics

Naperville, IL

#238 May 29, 2010
Larry wrote:
Did you mean obturation? "All that is need"?
I guess I'm oblurating again.
Ovulating? No I meant, nice observation.

Lets start all over.

Democracy does not always mean they will let you into the fare, it's just what the majority of people want. Something like that.
Larry

Elk Grove Village, IL

#239 May 29, 2010
Pizza and Politics wrote:
<quoted text>
Ovulating? No I meant, nice observation.
Lets start all over.
Democracy does not always mean they will let you into the fare, it's just what the majority of people want. Something like that.
I guess we vote for our leaders and lawmakers in a democratic republic is because in a real democracy, people will unanimously vote themselves into their own demise quicker than a politician will lead them to ........ or something like that.
Moe

United States

#240 May 29, 2010
In the Know wrote:
I voted but I voted NO. Just another excuse to raise my taxes. A large cost just to benefit a few.
mr bed bug

Chicago, IL

#242 Sep 25, 2010
bump bump
Danny

Romeoville, IL

#243 Sep 25, 2010
My God, some of you people are pure morons! Without the 'yes' vote, Romeoville would NOT have a library and you would have had to go to Crest Hill or Lockport. The value of a home in a communtity without a library is lower than those with one! As for taxes, the yes vote holds our taxes where they are, until they ask for more money, and we dont have to pay for Bolingbrook to get a new library. Do any of you know that Bolingbrooks 'old' library was built AFTER the one in Romeoville?
Please wake up and live in the real world.
Project Guy

United States

#244 Sep 26, 2010
Danny wrote:
My God, some of you people are pure morons! Without the 'yes' vote, Romeoville would NOT have a library and you would have had to go to Crest Hill or Lockport. The value of a home in a communtity without a library is lower than those with one! As for taxes, the yes vote holds our taxes where they are, until they ask for more money, and we dont have to pay for Bolingbrook to get a new library. Do any of you know that Bolingbrooks 'old' library was built AFTER the one in Romeoville?
Please wake up and live in the real world.
...some of us don't care if we have a library!! I wouldn't need to go to Crest Hill or Lockport because I have no use for a library!! As for a homes value being lower, show me where that is stated? As for the "yes" vote, that was a vote to RAISE our taxes. And last but not least, even though it was a very long time ago, I believe that the libraries were built at the same time. So now I ask you to "Please wake up and live in the real world".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Des Plaines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Coffee Party 1,681,232
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min loose cannon 243,218
Trump Budget Cuts Veterans pay two Thirds All S... 2 hr Rambos 2
The girl I'm interested in can't speak English.... 2 hr sweetLover123 1
Phantom of the Oprah. 5 hr WhatWouldJesusDo 12
Time to send in the Feds 5 hr Kaliphornia Night... 4
Why we DON't need Hate Crimes 5 hr Cal-slides into P... 6

Des Plaines Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Des Plaines Mortgages