Des Plaines Library Dist. finally get...

Des Plaines Library Dist. finally gets its win

There are 231 comments on the Suburban Chicago News story from Feb 4, 2010, titled Des Plaines Library Dist. finally gets its win. In it, Suburban Chicago News reports that:

Voters on Tuesday approved a referendum proposal to build a new Crest Hill library and renovate libraries in Lockport and Romeoville.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Suburban Chicago News.

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Hardliner

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Feb 4, 2010
What a circle jerk. At this point what don’t these morons understand?

Is it the boundary concerns?

The substantial rise in real estate taxes that will occur?

The separation issue?

The economy/job market that is still in the tank?

The fact that enrollment has declined at feeder schools?

That options other than a brand new mega-campus are never considered?

Where the operating monies will come from once the school is built?

Where the money from central will go?

The resentment of being lied to time after time?

Cover you ears Sarah Palin, These people are retarded!
Homer Glen Mom

Morris, IL

#3 Feb 4, 2010
Everything okay in this post, except the last line. If you had a family member with a mental disability such as your child, you would never use this terminology for a point. Don't tie youself to remarks to the really big jerk, RahmE
Hardliner wrote:
The separation issue?
uhhuh

Romeoville, IL

#5 Feb 4, 2010
Quiet Contractor wrote:
<quoted text>
lissen here yo. we aint needin u dissin and sh jt. we need this fv ckin library, and now we for it yo. listen i grow up on the street and i aint seein shj t u aint. u aint need no more money ur wallet ur needing to start helpin n chippin in. n i dont wanna here how u fv cking have , many bills; n shj t.
lissen i aint fvc king round here yo. u need to lissen up and start contribooting. u aint got half an edujucation and u aint got half brain.
i lived in a jail, yo. u aint no ing whatis like to be on ur own, desperate. u aint now in what is like to have toruble. u have everyhtin handed to u, then u whine like littul bj tch when u help other.
u fv cking messed in head. u aint got brain yo. u just sit bjt ch moan and backstab. u got no b alls. just a fv cking shjt list against people who need help.
get off drugs and beer.
OMG--eyes rolled.
Homer Glen Mom

Morris, IL

#6 Feb 4, 2010
Yo, Get a job, you Moron! Do they computer in the dumpster online, for you to post from?
Quiet Contractor wrote:
<quoted text>
lissen here yo. we aint needin u dissin and sh jt. we need this fv ckin library, and now we for it yo. listen i grow up on the street and i aint seein shj t u aint. u aint need no more money ur wallet ur needing to start helpin n chippin in. n i dont wanna here how u fv cking have , many bills; n shj t.
lissen i aint fvc king round here yo. u need to lissen up and start contribooting. u aint got half an edujucation and u aint got half brain.
i lived in a jail, yo. u aint no ing whatis like to be on ur own, desperate. u aint now in what is like to have toruble. u have everyhtin handed to u, then u whine like littul bj tch when u help other.
u fv cking messed in head. u aint got brain yo. u just sit bjt ch moan and backstab. u got no b alls. just a fv cking shjt list against people who need help.
get off drugs and beer.
Seymore

Chicago, IL

#7 Feb 4, 2010
Quiet Contractor wrote:
<quoted text>
get off drugs and beer.
Have you finish your autobiography yet? I hear it's called " My life as a douche bag."
I See You

Lockport, IL

#8 Feb 4, 2010
Hardliner wrote:
The separation issue?
Speaking or retarded (sorry Homer Mom), you do realize that this article deals with the library's success and has nothing to do with a school right? You asked:

"The fact that enrollment has declined at feeder schools? That options other than a brand new mega-campus are never considered?
Where the money from central will go?"

It seems you are a little confused...
local girl

Romeoville, IL

#10 Feb 4, 2010
Why is everyone so caught up in this library thing? It's over. Romeoville won finally. Get over it.
Just Say No

Lemont, IL

#11 Feb 4, 2010
local girl wrote:
Why is everyone so caught up in this library thing? It's over. Romeoville won finally. Get over it.
Unfortunately, nobody won. We all came out losers unless you're a sponge on society.
Da man

Crest Hill, IL

#12 Feb 4, 2010
Just Say No wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, nobody won. We all came out losers unless you're a sponge on society.
AMEN- I'm taxed to much...
Home value keeps dropping- not my taxes tho...

Very sad...
Cresthill city worker

Shorewood, IL

#13 Feb 5, 2010
Da man wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN- I'm taxed to much...
Home value keeps dropping- not my taxes tho...
Very sad...
Yep be interesting to see the tax bill.. Will county uses a 3yr average, that means that 2007 2008 and 2009 will be averaged.. But the assessor will up the value to keep the taxing bodies in cash
Cresthill city worker

Shorewood, IL

#14 Feb 5, 2010
how many people who lost their jobs will pay their real estate taxes... all i can say for those 240 people who could have saved everyone money on their taxes shame on you.. for those who voted for it.. You got suckered in by the library board. Who wanted monuments to themselves..
reality

Lockport, IL

#15 Feb 5, 2010
Cresthill city worker wrote:
how many people who lost their jobs will pay their real estate taxes... all i can say for those 240 people who could have saved everyone money on their taxes shame on you.. for those who voted for it.. You got suckered in by the library board. Who wanted monuments to themselves..
hopefully they keep voting yes, on these referedums, sooner or later they won't be able tp pay their mortgage. RETARDS
ville girl

Romeoville, IL

#16 Feb 5, 2010
reality wrote:
<quoted text> hopefully they keep voting yes, on these referedums, sooner or later they won't be able tp pay their mortgage. RETARDS
Be careful! Sarah may call for you to be fired!
Think It Over

Dallas, TX

#17 Feb 5, 2010
reality wrote:
<quoted text> hopefully they keep voting yes, on these referedums, sooner or later they won't be able tp pay their mortgage. RETARDS
Not everyone is a blue collar worker.Some people continued their education and can weather the storm.A big bad tax don't send most people running and crying.If it does ,it is their own fault.
Instead of belliying up to a bar after your 8-12 hour day better yourself instead of bit***** about it.If you arent making enough money ,do something about it.You put yourself where you are.
Don't have children if you know your going to be struggling,its not fair to the children,if you can put hem through school feed and dress them,medical care,buy them a car when its time to go off to college.keep it in your pants if your gonna be a worthless parent.
No college we get more of you.and that keeps repeating and that is why you are where you are.
Just Say Ollie

Dallas, TX

#18 Feb 5, 2010
ville girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Be careful! Sarah may call for you to be fired!
you a hot piece o'tail baby.
da man

Crest Hill, IL

#19 Apr 17, 2010
The Khmer Rouge (Khmer: &#6017;&#6098;&#60 40;&#6082;&#6042;& #6016;&#6098;&#6042; &#6048;&#6040;) was the name given to the followers of the Communist Party of Kampuchea, the totalitarian ruling party in Cambodia from 1975 to 1979, led by Pol Pot, Ieng Sary, Son Sen and Khieu Samphan. The regime led by the Khmer Rouge from 1975 to 1979 was known as the Democratic Kampuchea.

This organization is remembered primarily for its policy of social engineering and the genocide this caused. Its attempts at agricultural reform led to widespread famine, while its insistence on absolute self-sufficiency, even in the supply of medicine, led to the deaths of thousands from treatable diseases (such as malaria). Brutal and arbitrary executions and torture carried out by its cadres against perceived subversive elements, or during purges of its own ranks between 1976 and 1978, are considered to have constituted a genocide.

Khmer Rouge means "Red Khmer" in French, the administrative language of colonial-era Cambodia (the Khmer people are the major ethnic group in Cambodia).[1] The term was originally coined by Prince Norodom Sihanouk, the Cambodian Head of State between 1955 and 1970, to describe the Cambodian left. Prior to their 1975 victory, the Khmer Rouge guerrilla forces were officially known as the Cambodian People's National Liberation Armed Forces (CPNLAF). After the fall of Phnom Penh, they were renamed Revolutionary Army of Kampuchea (RAK). The clandestine Communist Party of Kampuchea itself constituted the secret leadership of the Khmer Rouge, as its official name was known only to a few insiders: it called itself the Angkar (the organization) and only announced officially its existence in 1977, almost two years after the establishment of Democratic Kampuchea. After the fall of the Khmer Rouge regime, the organization's remaining guerrilla forces became known as the National Army of Democratic Kampuchea. In 1981 the party itself was dissolved, and substituted by the Party of Democratic Kampuchea.
just me

Westmont, IL

#20 Apr 17, 2010
hey "think it over" when did buying your kid a car become a requirement for being a good parent??? quit being your kids friend and become their parent. and by the way you probably have no clue what an honest days work is. you are probably just some fat slob that thinks that your shit don't stink and thinks that you are better then everyone else. all us blue collars know that you put the stupid dumb shits in administarative positions cause its safer for the rest of us.
Made in China

Lemont, IL

#21 Apr 17, 2010
just me wrote:
hey "think it over" when did buying your kid a car become a requirement for being a good parent??? quit being your kids friend and become their parent. and by the way you probably have no clue what an honest days work is. you are probably just some fat slob that thinks that your shit don't stink and thinks that you are better then everyone else. all us blue collars know that you put the stupid dumb shits in administarative positions cause its safer for the rest of us.
I'm sure an honest day's work to you is a good 2-3 hours and then having the union protect you after that. Drive up the cost of goods demanding ridiculous wages and benefits with that HS diploma or GED in your hands. A dozen years or less and 50% of you will be unemployed as companies will move your jobs where there are no unions or worker demands. Unions have gotten so greedy and their workers so demanding, I buy those products with the "Made in China" or "Made in Taiwan" label. At least I know my dollars aren't being spent by some union lobbyist fighting for more entitlements.
just me

Westmont, IL

#22 Apr 18, 2010
hey "made in china" sounds to me you are very bitter over something. would you be that fat slob I was talking about?? Unions work to set a "living" wage so one could afford a home, a car, maybe send their children through college. I don't think thats a bad idea. also because of unions, non-union workers receive better pay in the same type of work compared to if there was no unions around. you keep buying that stuff from china and may the lead paint inhibit your brain functions and make you less intelligent....wait, you're that fat slob in an administrative position, never mind......
Made in China

Lemont, IL

#23 Apr 18, 2010
just me wrote:
hey "made in china" sounds to me you are very bitter over something. would you be that fat slob I was talking about?? Unions work to set a "living" wage so one could afford a home, a car, maybe send their children through college. I don't think thats a bad idea. also because of unions, non-union workers receive better pay in the same type of work compared to if there was no unions around. you keep buying that stuff from china and may the lead paint inhibit your brain functions and make you less intelligent....wait, you're that fat slob in an administrative position, never mind......
Awww, somebody's jealous. You could have gone to college and earned what we, the white collar workers in the world, have earned for OURSELVES. We didn't sit around on our fat, lazy azzes (and I'm pretty sure you are one of those FAT azzes), and let someone else fight our battles. We have what we have because we worked for it. Why don't you try it sometime? It's very rewarding to know you have what you have because of nobody but yourself.

Buying foreign products = less American manufacturing jobs = less union $'s = less union lobbyists = less entitlements.

Purchase those products made elsewhere and send the statement that education is far more important than useless unions threatening business. I know I will.

And personally, for you, when you throw around the "fat" comments, it is a psychological fact that people like you are typically the one who is fat, attempting to push your own shortcomings and faults onto others. May I suggest Jenny Craig or Nutrisystem if you are not happy with your appearance. Laying off the 24 pack of Busch will help also.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Des Plaines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John Lewis is NOT a hero, he's an idiot who got... 11 min NEEDS New BASHING 7
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min idiots the dems 234,006
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 14 min SweLL GirL 10,055
NO Negrah HATE CRIMES,Ha Media protected 17 min Jimmy Brown FB NFL 9
Cong. John Lewis is a worthless black dem. hack... 22 min NeedsAHeadBashing 5
News Obama's farewell speech in Chicago felt like th... 29 min NeverSeemed2END 29
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr TRUMPTRUMPTRUMP 1,479,504

Des Plaines Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Des Plaines Mortgages