Thriftbooks.com Enjoying Sales Influx as Strapped Consumers See...

Full story: PRWeb 15
As more consumers seek used books as their new and more affordable entertainment medium, Thriftbooks.com has realized an influx in online sales over the past year. Full Story
John

Lilburn, GA

#1 Mar 10, 2009
I love thriftbooks! I found them last year during the summer and have been a loyal customer ever since! Now that my daughter is entering college I hope to find textbooks on this site as well!

Keep up the great work!
John
kyle kelley1

Dallas, TX

#2 Mar 11, 2010
I ordered 3 copies of "Warriors Heart" on 2 separate occasions just recently. I received my first order of 2 books very quickly from Smokey Mountain Books. However the one copy Im waiting 4 from you wasnt delivered on the 9th. Instead the postal service left me a reminder slip & I attempted 2 get my package 2day, however they can't find it. Im very angry that I paid for a book that seems 2 have disappeared. I would like 2 be compensated & will not order anymore books from you!
ex employee

Richland, WA

#3 Jul 10, 2010
Thrift Books is nothing but a modern day American sweat shop..I used to be an employee there. Not only do they look the other way when you report something to HR, such as favortism, intimidation by the supervisors and sexual harrasment they in my opinion condone it. The condition of their warehouse is disgusting, they don't make it a big known fact that they have hygenic products to use such as gloves and face mask due to all the nasty, dusty, moldy books you are touching and inhaling dust, that when I did find out those things were available to me I got an attitude from they're supervisor, Jaun Rocha, and was told I needed to use my face mask all week...needless to say I ended up with a rageing sinus infection, and mursa...I've even worked in assisted living homes with residents with mursa and never contracted the could be fatal diesease...And if you ever wonder why your not getting your books on time, it's probably because a good portion of the crew and supervisor's are high or drunk....no lie, I witnessed on several occasions drug deals, leads buying alcohol at the gas stations on break and people under the influence. And here's the best thing about it, if you don't allow your supervisor Juan to call you "shorty" all the time, or make him feel like he is god in his warehouse which is something he told me, that he was god in that warehouse, then he targets you, screams at you, and intimidate you and then eventually fires you. It's a sad company who treats their employees like dirt and allow a lot of illegal things to go on while they sit in the office and make a good penny in their pocket while the employees are barely surviving and being mistreated..don't support that tyranny...Needless to say in this economy a job is a job, but this job was the worse I ever had and I would'nt recomend this company to anyone. they are low down, no good and as i stated before, a modern day american sweat shop...Dont Give your money to a company that doesnt support their people who work hard to help them make money, it's the right thing to do..
Sherry

AOL

#4 Sep 1, 2010
I've ordered many books from Thriftbooks.com and have never had a problem. The books are very reasonable and have always arrived quickly and in great condition, even the ones listed only as "Acceptable". Thank you!
ljmn

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Oct 29, 2010
kyle kelley1 wrote:
I ordered 3 copies of "Warriors Heart" on 2 separate occasions just recently. I received my first order of 2 books very quickly from Smokey Mountain Books. However the one copy Im waiting 4 from you wasnt delivered on the 9th. Instead the postal service left me a reminder slip & I attempted 2 get my package 2day, however they can't find it. Im very angry that I paid for a book that seems 2 have disappeared. I would like 2 be compensated & will not order anymore books from you!
Sounds like its the post office that messed up not thriftbooks. You did get a reminder slip from the post office that it was there right?
ex employee yee

Phoenix, AZ

#6 Nov 5, 2010
ex employee wrote:
Thrift Books is nothing but a modern day American sweat shop..I used to be an employee there. Not only do they look the other way when you report something to HR, such as favortism, intimidation by the supervisors and sexual harrasment they in my opinion condone it. The condition of their warehouse is disgusting, they don't make it a big known fact that they have hygenic products to use such as gloves and face mask due to all the nasty, dusty, moldy books you are touching and inhaling dust, that when I did find out those things were available to me I got an attitude from they're supervisor, Jaun Rocha, and was told I needed to use my face mask all week...needless to say I ended up with a rageing sinus infection, and mursa...I've even worked in assisted living homes with residents with mursa and never contracted the could be fatal diesease...And if you ever wonder why your not getting your books on time, it's probably because a good portion of the crew and supervisor's are high or drunk....no lie, I witnessed on several occasions drug deals, leads buying alcohol at the gas stations on break and people under the influence. And here's the best thing about it, if you don't allow your supervisor Juan to call you "shorty" all the time, or make him feel like he is god in his warehouse which is something he told me, that he was god in that warehouse, then he targets you, screams at you, and intimidate you and then eventually fires you. It's a sad company who treats their employees like dirt and allow a lot of illegal things to go on while they sit in the office and make a good penny in their pocket while the employees are barely surviving and being mistreated..don't support that tyranny...Needless to say in this economy a job is a job, but this job was the worse I ever had and I would'nt recomend this company to anyone. they are low down, no good and as i stated before, a modern day american sweat shop...Dont Give your money to a company that doesnt support their people who work hard to help them make money, it's the right thing to do..
This woman is nuts i think her mom was a drunk working in the office....and mursa is not contagous if you got it you already had it ...
ronaldo

United States

#7 Nov 18, 2010
ex employee wrote:
A little bitter and angry, arent we?
Eddie

AOL

#8 Sep 25, 2011
I was incredibly unhappy with the service I received from Thriftbooks in Auburn. I ordered two books from them in two weeks and both had to be returned because they were not as described. I had ordered hardcovers and paperbacks came. More than that, one of them was a reviewer's copy. It should not be such a difficult task to get this kind of thing right. (An apology wouldn't have hurt either.) I would suggest that customers go with sellers they have had good experiences with before taking a chance on this bunch.
MED SURG NURSE

Harvey, LA

#9 Oct 25, 2011
ex employee yee wrote:
<quoted text> This woman is nuts i think her mom was a drunk working in the office....and mursa is not contagous if you got it you already had it ...
Excuse me, but MRSA is highly contagious.
Duh_she_is_exagg erating

Cary, NC

#10 Dec 14, 2011
MED SURG NURSE wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me, but MRSA is highly contagious.
Well excuse me, it sounds like a bunch of BS in the first place.

My goodness, if all of that really happened, then she should contact a labor lawyer. Of course, it's probably just completely fabricated. Sounds like sour grapes because work is, well...WORK and not a party like college was. We've all seen it before.

I have ordered several times from Thriftbooks and have been completely satisfied with service and pricing.
Jenna

Zion, IL

#11 Dec 30, 2011
Only problem I've come across so far with them was one time I ordered a book that was said to be in good condition but instead it was falling apart. I love all kinds of book so Ive kept it and since its not a store to go complain to i figured I at least got to find out what happened. The books are cheap so if they look cheap its to only be expected. They cant all be cheap diamonds in the rough. But I can say that all the books I have gotten have been pretty clean. They are used books after all which means they come from all types of homes and conditions. You get what you pay for right? Though, after reading the posts, I won't work for them... ever. I'll still by books and expand my library though. And probably inspect my books a lil closer too.
nick

Williamsburg, VA

#12 May 17, 2012
MRSA is extremely contagious genius.
carrie

Davison, MI

#13 Nov 14, 2012
I have ordered from here several times and have always been satisfied. One time I did receive the wrong book, but ended up liking it.
Sam

Sacramento, CA

#14 Feb 4, 2013
"I STRONGLY recommend NOT ordering from this company. I ordered a book that was "Quality - Very Good". That was not what I received. I received a book that was written all over and it had serious mold damage. This book never should have been sold let alone passed off as in "very good" condition. The company has not refunded my money. Although the company indicated it did so (I could keep the book), it has been over two weeks and I have not received the credit. I don't feel the company can be trusted."
Fran0219

Fairfield, CT

#15 Oct 20, 2014
kyle kelley1 wrote:
it sounds like the post office is at fault if they left you a notice. i would take copy of notice of delivery to the postmaster and seek remediation from them. hope this helps

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Des Moines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wendy Blonde from New York (May '13) 19 hr David C 3
Who is Wendy parker (Jan '14) 19 hr David C 4
Lil Wayne vs. Drake Nov 20 TheAfroHedgehog 2
Federal Way Music Thread (Jan '14) Nov 14 Musikologist 3
want real cock (Dec '13) Nov 10 jayy777 2
Federal Way Garage Door Repair Nov 7 JerryWCunniff 1
dirty chat women only Oct 31 missymarie 2

Winter Storm Warning for King County was issued at November 23 at 3:41AM PST

Des Moines Dating
Find my Match