United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

Judged:

David Silverman, from Skepticon, said "let's get involved"! What can we do to get our voices heard? We are part of a movement that can make a difference in our communities. Last night, there was a lot of passionate talk about what Chic-Fil-A has said about gay marriage and what it means in a religious context.

We need to educate the public on this matter. This kind of bigotry cannot be allowed! My wife and I will be on Mills Civic Parkway near the construction site on Saturday morning (7-28) with picket signs showing our displeasure. We will be there at 9:00am-11:00am. The building is in the Kohls parking lot near Jordan Creek Mall. For more information on this. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/26/us/gay-righ...

Visit this meetup website to join our protest. http://www.meetup.com/Protest-Chic-Fil-A/

Thank you!
Chris

Chick-Fil-A Protest

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

Judged:

The meetup wed site is.

http://www.meetup.com/Protest-Chic-Fil-A/even...
Another Local

West Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Judged:

Buffalo NEW YORK huh, GOOD STAY out of IOWA, people like you don't fit in here regardless of what the nw york run dsmregister says! Going to Chick-Fil-A for the 2nd time today now.

Since: Apr 12

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2012

Judged:

i just kicked a christard in the face near the jordan creek chick-fil-a. its fun watching white people cry.

“God Bless America ”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2012

Judged:

Jontavius wrote:
i just kicked a christard in the face near the jordan creek chick-fil-a. its fun watching white people cry.
You sound like someone Jack the Ripper would avoid. It takes a low life to enjoy inflicting pain on anyone and an even lower life to hurt someone because of his race.

“God Bless America ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2012

Judged:

Chick-Fil-A Protest wrote:
David Silverman, from Skepticon, said "let's get involved"! What can we do to get our voices heard? We are part of a movement that can make a difference in our communities. Last night, there was a lot of passionate talk about what Chic-Fil-A has said about gay marriage and what it means in a religious context.
We need to educate the public on this matter. This kind of bigotry cannot be allowed! My wife and I will be on Mills Civic Parkway near the construction site on Saturday morning (7-28) with picket signs showing our displeasure. We will be there at 9:00am-11:00am. The building is in the Kohls parking lot near Jordan Creek Mall. For more information on this. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/26/us/gay-righ...
Visit this meetup website to join our protest. http://www.meetup.com/Protest-Chic-Fil-A/
Thank you!
Chris
Protest? I'm urging people to take a stand for decency and protest your kind. I commend Chick-fil_A for its moral values.
Chris

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

Judged:

Logan wrote:
<quoted text>Protest? I'm urging people to take a stand for decency and protest your kind. I commend Chick-fil_A for its moral values.
Moral values? Says who, your bible? Chick-fil-A stands for hate and bigotry. It's companies like this that keep this world from progressing towards human equality. Do you not believe in human equality?

“God Bless America ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

Judged:

Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
Moral values? Says who, your bible? Chick-fil-A stands for hate and bigotry. It's companies like this that keep this world from progressing towards human equality. Do you not believe in human equality?
You bet. I learned my moral values from the Bible and from decent upbringing by godly relatives. The Bible is the best place in the world to obtain good moral values. Is there something wrong with moral values? Do you know what they are? Try this: from the online dictionary---adjective 1. of, pertaining to, or concerned with the principles or rules of right conduct or the distinction between right and wrong; ethical: moral attitudes. Now what is wrong with morals? Do they conflict with your lifestyle?
You are dishonest when you accuse Chick-Fil-A of hate and bigotry. That is untrue, for they represent decent, Godly moral values. If by “keeping this world from progressing towards human equality”, you mean they are against the acceptance of the degrading gay lifestyle, I suppose—by your incorrect definition-- they are; and thank God, for them. Allowing homosexuality to flourish in our country is not progression; rather, it is the deterioration of our standards, the standards that allowed this country to become a great country, which it now longer is, thanks in part to the loss of moral values.

Ankeny, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

In other words, Christards are all about love and tolerance...as long as you're not gay and you live a lifestyle that's pleasing to their "god" (LOL!) They will completely tolerate you...as long as you're a straight white male.

You know that Dan Cathy takes the black c0ck up his a$$ on the side.

Ankeny, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

Logan wrote:
<quoted text>You bet. I learned my moral values from the Bible and from decent upbringing by godly relatives. The Bible is the best place in the world to obtain good moral values. Is there something wrong with moral values? Do you know what they are? Try this: from the online dictionary---adjective 1. of, pertaining to, or concerned with the principles or rules of right conduct or the distinction between right and wrong; ethical: moral attitudes. Now what is wrong with morals? Do they conflict with your lifestyle?
You are dishonest when you accuse Chick-Fil-A of hate and bigotry. That is untrue, for they represent decent, Godly moral values. If by “keeping this world from progressing towards human equality”, you mean they are against the acceptance of the degrading gay lifestyle, I suppose—by your incorrect definition-- they are; and thank God, for them. Allowing homosexuality to flourish in our country is not progression; rather, it is the deterioration of our standards, the standards that allowed this country to become a great country, which it now longer is, thanks in part to the loss of moral values.
The Bible is a book of fables that was written by Bronze Age savages who believed that bacterial diseases were demonic possessions. Only a fool would base their life off of a book that is largely a work of fiction.

“God Bless America ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

Jontavius wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is a book of fables that was written by Bronze Age savages who believed that bacterial diseases were demonic possessions. Only a fool would base their life off of a book that is largely a work of fiction.
Your kind is very common today. As the Bible states, men, professing themselves to be wise, became fools. If you really want to know who the fool is, you simply have to look into the mirror. Only a fool doesn't believe in a Creator, and only an educated simpleton believes the Bible is a fable; but why argue about it? When you die and face that God you call a fable, you'll sadly learn the truth. The problem is that your acquisition of that knowledge will be too late to save you from the consequences of having lived an ungodly life. Good luck!
Ex-Democrat

Adel, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

Jontavius wrote:
In other words, Christards are all about love and tolerance...as long as you're not gay and you live a lifestyle that's pleasing to their "god" (LOL!) They will completely tolerate you...as long as you're a straight white male.
Wow, I hope you are making these statements just to cause a ruckus. I surely hope you aren't really that full of venom on the inside.

First, Christians are sinners, just like you, except that we are Forgiven sinners. As sinners, we get ticked off and disgusted by comments like yours. As Christians, we love you anyway.

I would like to point out, however, that love and tolerance doesn't mean we have to agree. It just means that we should disagree peacefully. Now I know temperaments differ, but if you are honest about actions, you will find that the violent, vitriolic outbursts come more from those who oppose the Christian faith, not from the Christians.

It just seems to me that it isn't enough any more for people to have the right to choose, now they insist that everyone pretend to be "enlightened" and to thank them for "showing us the way." Unrealistic. Why can you not let it suffice that you can choose and state your choice, but Christians ALSO have that right?

I always heard it takes two to argue, and the loudest one is usually the one in the wrong. Just sit back and watch the reactions to these social debates. I don't usually hear the Christians screaming or hear of them smearing feces around at a protest. That is because our beliefs temper our actions.

We don't have to scream and ridicule to prove a point. We know the Lord is real. We have no monopoly; he is also there for you. I know you and others may respond quickly and cruelly to this post, but you are and will continue to be Loved. If you are truly happy with your choices, life this life as fully and as happily as you can. My beliefs should not matter to you; therefore, you have no reason to hate me. I do wish you the best and hope you find peace, in this world and the next.
Ex-Democrat

Adel, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Oops!

Live this life as fully and as happily as you can, not life this life!

“God Bless America ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Ex-Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, I hope you are making these statements just to cause a ruckus. I surely hope you aren't really that full of venom on the inside.
First, Christians are sinners, just like you, except that we are Forgiven sinners. As sinners, we get ticked off and disgusted by comments like yours. As Christians, we love you anyway.
I would like to point out, however, that love and tolerance doesn't mean we have to agree. It just means that we should disagree peacefully. Now I know temperaments differ, but if you are honest about actions, you will find that the violent, vitriolic outbursts come more from those who oppose the Christian faith, not from the Christians.
It just seems to me that it isn't enough any more for people to have the right to choose, now they insist that everyone pretend to be "enlightened" and to thank them for "showing us the way." Unrealistic. Why can you not let it suffice that you can choose and state your choice, but Christians ALSO have that right?
I always heard it takes two to argue, and the loudest one is usually the one in the wrong. Just sit back and watch the reactions to these social debates. I don't usually hear the Christians screaming or hear of them smearing feces around at a protest. That is because our beliefs temper our actions.
We don't have to scream and ridicule to prove a point. We know the Lord is real. We have no monopoly; he is also there for you. I know you and others may respond quickly and cruelly to this post, but you are and will continue to be Loved. If you are truly happy with your choices, life this life as fully and as happily as you can. My beliefs should not matter to you; therefore, you have no reason to hate me. I do wish you the best and hope you find peace, in this world and the next.
I commend you for the best explanation I've ever read from a Christian to an atheist. You have a talent for getting our point across without being offensive, as I sometimes am. God bless you!

“God Bless America ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Jontavius wrote:
You need your mommie to squirt your mouith full of dish detergent, for you not only have a dirty mind but a foul mouth. The reason many of you become so irate at any Christian's statement about homosexuality is that deep inside you know homosexuality is wrong, but you don't like being reminded of that. You dare to try to infringe your lifestyles upon us and get offended if we don't accept it. Well, yuou know we aren't going to change our beliefs to accommodate you so why don't you try leaving us alone and go your perverted way? I don't care what you do as long as you don't bother me.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Des Moines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Wild Orchid (Jan '10) 14 hr JBrown 15
Boys soccer results (Apr '07) 22 hr becca 5
Follow Wed guacomolotimez 1
Inside The Iowa State Penitentiary (May '10) Mon barb nickson 18
Rick Perry takes on President Obama in border s... Aug 16 Tea Party Supporter 3
amusement parks near des moines? Aug 14 granny 1
IA Who do you support for Governor in Iowa in 2010? (Oct '10) Aug 11 Go Blue Forever 63

Search the Des Moines Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Des Moines Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Des Moines People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Des Moines News, Events & Info