DEPUTY CHARGED: Polk County Sheriff's deputy arrested

Full story: WHOtv

A Polk County Sheriff's Deputy was arrested Saturday morning at his Altoona home.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of51
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
wrestling is life

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2009

Judged:

i know john and i think we all make misstakes and i thik he should not be fired from his job for one mistake he is a nice man and a great working cop for iowa! i think they should drop the chrages and let him be a man! i know his family and son and his two daughters they are all great people and i think u should annouce this on channel thirteen news
featherweight39

Clive, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2009

L O L
featherweight39

Clive, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2009

Judged:

You Have To Be Sh!tt!n Me !!!!!!!!!!
wrestling is life

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2009

he is a nice man!! do you know him
wrestling is life

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2009

how do i have to be shi!!n you are u serious do you no him like i do i dated his daughter he is a cool dude!
Ray Miller

Chatfield, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2009

THE THIN BLUE LINE
wrestling is life

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2009

Judged:

wat do u mean a thin blue line!!!??
Tooncie

Moultrie, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2009

Judged:

Just because he wears a badge does not entitle him to special treatment. Law enforcement officers can be bad people just like anyone else and should be treated just like anyone else. So you dated his daughter...whooptie doo. You really are foolish if you truly believe the charges should just be dropped. Perhaps you don't know him as well as you thought you did. If he was so great, he wouldn't be in trouble right now.
wrestling is life

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2009

Judged:

DNT DO U UNDERSTAND PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES SMART ONE I THINK WE SHOULD ALL BE TREATED THE SAME IT WAS A MISTAKE I THINK THAT HE SHOULD NTO GET FIRED FROM HIS JOB AND YA IT IS A WHOOP PIE THAT I DATED HIS DAUGTHER BUT SERIOUSLY I DO NO HI AND HIS FAMILY AND THERE ALL NICE PEOPLE SO I THINK U SHOULD LEAVE IT ALONE! JOHN IS A GOOD MAN I BELIEVE HE DIDNT DO ANYTHING THAT IT WAS A SIMPLE ARGUMENT AND IT GOT OUT OF CONTROL!! SO YA PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKE!!!
featherweight39

Clive, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2009

Judged:

WRESTLING IS LIFE !!!!!
Why don!t you drop this subject ??????
You are showing how stupid you are !!!!!!
Iowan

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2009

wrestling is life wrote:
how do i have to be shi!!n you are u serious do you no him like i do i dated his daughter he is a cool dude!
Yea, sounds like he is real cool, domestic violence, cool, does your dad beat up your mom?
eastside

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

You say equal treatment...where is his mug shot ? Let's see if it gets published in busted ? Doubt it...what will he get for it NOTHING...
loving life

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

Judged:

I agree Wrestling. I dont think he needs fired. How many domestics are out there and those men(or women )don't lose their jobs? SHit does happen with every family. Apparently he might need some anger managment classes. He was wrong for what he did and he will probably get punished worse than the average person. Where does it say police officers aren't human? They have feelings to. Everybody needs to check their own closets and worry about themselves before they should sit and judge someone else.
ImportGuy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

Judged:

He may appear nice, but he has abused his authority before- asking young girls if they want to go for a "ride along" all he got was a slap on the wrist.
Scooter

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

Judged:

I have no clue what happened....I nor anyone else reading this was there...

My beef is this....what about the plumber that was arrested someplace in DSM last night for the same charge, or the teacher, or the unemployed guy struggling to make ends meet....do they make headlines and have people wanting to see a "mug shot"?????

If we are going to make a spectacle of a senior law enforcement officer for whatever transgression he/she may have done lets put ALL people on the same pedestal. You wonder why their profession has the highest suicide rate in the country, well this is a prime freekin' example. If he was not an officer, nobody would give a hoot about him, or his family.

Way to go media, another example of using predjudice just to sell some advertising. Lets keep the news in focus. If you are going to single out one individual based on his profession, then include the teacher, and the plumber, and the unemployed guy!
JasperCoMan

Newton, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

If I remember correctly, a charge of domestic assault means losing the privilege of owning firearms. If convicted, he will join the ranks of the unemployed. However, when it's a man in blue that is a very big IF.
military man

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

we all need to wait to judge before we know all the facts. In the occupation that he is in you live in a fishbowl. Any mistake made will be shown to the world. What needs to be realized is that he is being held at a higher standard than the "plumber" because it is his job to enforce the laws, not unplug toilets. Nothing but hope for John and his family while he gets drug through the mud.
justareader

Mason City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

Judged:

Just because he is a deputy doesnt mean he owns a gun, He may use one doesnt mean he owns one....
jigs723

West Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

Sounds like the wife caught him again and is after his job. What was the abuse, did she have injury? Altoona cops love arresting deputies, but they have never gotten a conviction on a deputy yet.
Slatercy

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

Domestic assault is what it is! Office Negrete should do some serious thinking about his actions and so should the Polk County Sheriff's Office. Is this the kind of officer Polk County wants.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of51
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Des Moines Forum right now

Search the Des Moines Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
iowa sucks (Jan '08) Apr 16 Tej 381
Jessica Pratt Screws Ruff Ryders (Mar '13) Apr 14 Hamloaf 7
Central Iowa Meth Investigation Leads To Nine A... (Sep '10) Apr 13 Redneck 57
The Immigration Reform Needed by Refugees Apr 12 Cricket 23 2
Mitt Romney's Top contributors (Jan '12) Apr 8 Stan Krol TOP SEO for GOP 10
Review: Gravett Ryan R Atty Apr 5 Julie Wilson 2
Ticket's in the mail: Red-light cameras questioned (Mar '09) Apr 4 HydroG 57
•••
•••