Review: Amy Peel Dance Avenue

Posted in the Des Moines Forum

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of57
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
APDAdancer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Dec 30, 2008
 

Judged:

19

17

14

The TEENAGER wrote:
My mother has no sign in name, so what she uses is her business.. And I am aware of what she has written. It was my decision to leave. And she is not a coward, she has spoke to Miss Amy, so did I buy writting her a letter. She decided that how I was feeling and what I said was not a problem, and was not important, and it was too bad because she ignore my feelings and no changes were made. I felt my junior year should of been. She does not complain. She is getting something off her chest. At least she says what she means, because the parents complained and tore the studio down but never went to anyone in regards to it. And if it's a cheap way of doing it, what about you reading the blogs, the interest captured you didn't it? And you responded. And everyone else that continues to read and post, of course people will respond.. Even those that don't know anything in regards to the studio, they just post to keep it going. And BTW being that I am an honor student on my senior year.. The correct spelling is Ridiculous..
Okay 'honor student'...
"so did I buy writting her a letter"
BTW.. The grammar and spelling is, "so did I BY WRITING her a letter"
APDALOVERS4LIFE

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Dec 31, 2008
 

Judged:

21

19

13

As fellow APDA team members we would like to say that Amy is one of the most amazing and inspirational people in the world along with all of the other instructors at the studio. Amy & Amber both reach out and try and make a special connection with each and every one of their students team or not. It really hurts to read all of this garbage being talked about somebody who means so much to so many people why cant you just come out and say it instead of hiding yourself behind a computer screen. This studio is amazing and a second family to us and everyone else there. We love Amy Peel Dance Avenue and it is one of the greatest things that has ever come into our lives. WE LOVE YOU AMY!
Dancer4Life

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Jan 1, 2009
 

Judged:

21

19

15

I love to be at APDA 5 days a week. Me and My Family don't really get along but when I am at APDA I feel as much love it feels like I am with my Family. I am on the APDA team and I feel as much love as i did before I wasn't. My life at APDA is awesome.I came on the 15th celebration and now it is the 17th and I plan to be there until I graduate. Well got to go I will set another comment later.
LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Jan 09

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Jan 1, 2009
 

Judged:

18

16

14

Dancer4life will now be known as Dancer4EVERatAPDA.
DayseyMae

Ankeny, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Jan 1, 2009
 

Judged:

20

16

13

In the 8 years that we have been at APDA I have never encountered such childish behavior. I was stunned to come across this site. I believe that it is our jobs as parents allow our children to experience many things in this life. For our children, dance is their life...is this really about what the kids are saying or that a parent has their feelings hurt. This isn't about the parents, it should be about your child. It is very obvious by the comments that you were more hurt by the situation than your child. Yes, you are entitled to your opinions, absolutely, however, by doing and saying the things that you are, you are doing nothing more than hurting those that are still there trying to do what they love to do best. As far as the students that were mentioned in the beginning, as a parent, I am angry. They are not even my children, but, this is something you don't do. Whether you believe that the situations are handled as you said, you don't mention CHILDREN, (chidlren being the keyword) by name on the internet. I think that made me more angry than any comment you could have ever made about the studio. Have your opinions, but leave the kids out of your statements.
APDAROCKSMYSOCKS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Jan 1, 2009
 

Judged:

21

19

13

For all of you out there that are posting negative things about this studio, its incredibly upsetting to see these things being posted on the internet. The cruel words that are being said towards the dancers and instructors at this studio are not just childish, but are incredibly hurtful. I dont think you realize that young dancers are finding this website, and you are not hurting our instructors, but our young dancers. These types of things are highly unnecessary, and incredibly uncalled for. I was disappointed to find out about these postings from elementary school kids that dance at our studio. How do you explain to them why people are bashing the place where they spend so much of their time, and the people that inspire them? Be a better example for our children!

“Dee Dee Dee”

Since: May 08

Percival Iowa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Jan 2, 2009
 

Judged:

20

16

15

Amy is a fine dance teacher... its her other instructors hired that are not so good.
Jgrubb

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Jan 2, 2009
 

Judged:

20

19

13

The TEENAGER wrote:
My mother has no sign in name, so what she uses is her business.. And I am aware of what she has written. It was my decision to leave. And she is not a coward, she has spoke to Miss Amy, so did I buy writting her a letter. She decided that how I was feeling and what I said was not a problem, and was not important, and it was too bad because she ignore my feelings and no changes were made. I felt my junior year should of been. She does not complain. She is getting something off her chest. At least she says what she means, because the parents complained and tore the studio down but never went to anyone in regards to it. And if it's a cheap way of doing it, what about you reading the blogs, the interest captured you didn't it? And you responded. And everyone else that continues to read and post, of course people will respond.. Even those that don't know anything in regards to the studio, they just post to keep it going. And BTW being that I am an honor student on my senior year.. The correct spelling is Ridiculous..
First of all.. half of what you are saying doesn't make sense. Secondly, yes, your mother does complain- ALOT, as if it's not apparent. Thirdly, Amy would never just brush off someone's concerns. There were times I have gone to Amy with an issue and she took many measures to make sure I was happy. In the end, Amy cares about each child that enrolls at her studio.

I am assuming that you didn't make it on team and that is why you had issues and why you quit. Honestly, you and your mother need to grow up. Being on team is a privilege, not a right by attending the studio. The kids that are on team are very talented and would not have the kind of success that they have had without a lot of very hard work. I don't think you realize that these kids are in there dancing their butts off close to 30 hours a week. It's almost like having a full time job. Their blood, sweat and tears have made them successful and will continue to make them successful. If you put that much effort into something I am sure you would enjoy the same success.

For the rest of the kids that are not on team, they do get the same teachers and very well choreographed routines. The classes that they take just give them a little more time to cultivate their talents and become more coordinated and better dancers. And honestly, if you are going to make it such a big deal that you weren't on team, it's no wonder Amy didn't put you on. She is as strong willed as she is small in stature. Amy doesn't let people bully her around. She is a smart woman and only puts kids on team that she knows will work well together and be team players.
seh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Jan 3, 2009
 

Judged:

20

19

15

Nicely put, Jaci. Since when does a studio owner need to be "college backed?" Apparently this so-called recent apda mom was jealous that her daughter was not good enough to make the team. She lives in CA and is still upset about it? Talk about living vicariously through your child. Get a life!
I was there with Amy from the first day she opened her doors until I graduated. Wonderful studio. Wonderful team... we were always taught to congratulate and talk to other teams (so untrue)...
Jealousy is so unbecoming.
apdagrad

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Jan 3, 2009
 

Judged:

11

11

9

Twirl This wrote:
Amy is a fine dance teacher... its her other instructors hired that are not so good.
and who are you referring to as her bad teachers??
APDAdancer

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Jan 8, 2009
 

Judged:

17

15

15

Twirl This wrote:
Amy is a fine dance teacher... its her other instructors hired that are not so good.
Excuse me?
Amy, Amber, Tiffany, Jamie and Nikki are all wonderful dance instructors, as well as the student helpers, such as myself(:
Yeah. Well, please DO give me a reasonable explanation as to why YOU think her "other instructors are not so good." Unless you have actually been in a class with anyone, then you have no room to judge. If it's a child that is in the class, then do something about it instead of complaining to a freaking website.

And to the people who seem to think Amy is anorexic and dead, check yourself before you wreck yourself. Because guess what, she has actually read all of this dirt everyone says.
Kacie

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Feb 24, 2009
 

Judged:

15

15

14

To "Terrible Studio"
Well...As I can see, you obviously have been very upset with APDA. The sad thing is, the only reason you are upset is because you think certain people receive special attention from Amy. People leave for all different reasons, and the studio is better off without the ones that leave out of jealousy. Since my name has been mentioned (notice I'M the one being the mature adult here using my real name) and you obviously have a problem with me, I would like you discuss it with me, rather than post it for the world to see. As far as i'm concerned you've been talking about me and my three best friends for the entire world to see, and I must say i'm not very happy about it. Why don't you grow up first of all, i'm pretty sure everyone on here is already sick of you. You've been complaining for a long time and instead of complaining, maybe you should tell your daughter she should've worked a little harder because she would've been the ones you complain about. And you definitely wouldn't be complaining then! I can't believe you have the nerve to think your daughter is treated as less than equal than us "the Kacie/Casey/Marisa group". Unbelievable. The only reason we ever received what we did was because we worked our butts off in that dance studio all week. I spent every week for about 15 years in that studio to get to where I was. Also, don't act like you know anything about us, because you don't. I don't care who you are, who your daughter is, or who you THINK you are, but you do not know one thing about my relationship with Amy. I stood in the back line in almost all of my dances up until junior year of high school, but I guess you wouldn't know that because you don't take the time to get to know anyone in that studio, because you're too busy being jealous over everyone your daughter is not. Casey spent all of his time dancing and deserved every spot in every dance he got. That's why he's in LA being a hell of a lot more successful than your daughter. He went to conventions, took extra technique classes on the side of his original practices (i'm sure your daughter didn't). Kacie Eggen did the same thing. I may not have done that all, but I worked every step of the way for the dances I was in. I was close to Amy in my own way and that had nothing to do with how I was treated at the studio. Since i've been told about this stupid blog only because my name has been mentioned, I never should have known about this blog, because it shouldn't be here. Your jealous that your daughter isn't in as many dances as YOU think she should have been. Well i'm sorry lady, but your daughter got what she deserved as well as everyone else. You're obviously outnumbered here so maybe you should consider the fact that the problem is YOU, not the studio. Therefore, keep me out of your comments unless you say them to me. All you do is cause problems by mentioning my name and others on a public website, because a real mature adult would know better. I guess you don't fit in that description. I feel bad for you.
P.S. Amy respects those who are loyal to her and give her respect. Maybe you don't deserve her respect. APDA used to be drama free, because the parents let their kids do what they love, and didn't sit around finding things to complain about. Now it's all the parents causing problems. No wonder there is drama. It's just too bad some of these dancers can't enjoy the studio for the dancing because their moms ruin it for them by causing drama out in the waiting room or in blogs on the internet. Pathetic.
Kacie

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Feb 24, 2009
 

Judged:

15

15

13

Opinions wrote:
So everyone has an opinion. Not everyone has to like something that have heard.. Some points from everyone is very justifiable.. I have too witnessed many things, and much of what is stated in the messages.. You can't deny something you witness. However Jgrubb when was the last time you were at that studio and danced? Because I can relate to things not being as they were a few years ago. Things change.. People change.. Working where I do, this is not slander its considered an opinion. People can say what they want, to a degree. And if it wasn't for internet sites that leave it open for people to post, you would never know anything. You can't stop people from posting feelings and thoughts, whether they are true or not.. That's why it's out there, whether it be blogs, sites like My Space and Facebook, or simple sites as this one. For some reason 3 individuals decided to write things. And after looking at the site suggested, what about those that posted about the rude people saving seats and stuff. Everyone has an opinion. I know many years Amy did care, not saying she don't now. But I think in the past several years it's clear that focusing ONLY on certain people, and certain dances is apparent. What about the regular classes, they need instruction just as much as her competitive team. There was a time that it was very entertaining to watch her studio, but there now is a time, a time that things have changed. And maybe it was not directly Amy that ruined it for everyone, but the students that left those bad impressions on my child, and others. The ones that showed no respect but seemed to get away with things all the time. I was there couple years ago, getting ready to leave the studio as I watch two girls (favs) yell and scream at another girl out in the parking lot. They basically waited for her to get done with dance. That is not what I want to teach my child, that's it's ok, the instructor knew and nothing happened to them. People have eyes they see things, they have ears they hear things. They can judge on their own to what happens is right or wrong.
First off, let me just make this clear. You obviously don't know what you're talking about. My friend and I did not yell and scream at a girl in the "parking lot" a couple years ago. We waited in the lobby of the STUDIO to talk to someone about something yes, after class, so that we did not have to discuss in front of everyone IN class or interrupt the GREAT teaching going on in the class. Don't act like we threw a huge fit in front of everyone and your child. The studio was empty after everyone left except you. You have no idea what we had to talk about. There were matters that needed discussed and we discussed them, and you did not know the situation. Don't relate that to APDA like it's something that happens everyday or affects the way your child is treated at the studio. Amy let it happen because she was not involved. Us dancers need to handle our problems ourselves, so you parents need to just stay out of it. You are lost in your own words and finding excuses. If anything, the only drama there now is between the parents and their obsessions with they want their children to be. Sorry moms, let your child dance and accept her for what she is. She gets into the dances she works for. This happens in every sport, those who deserve to play or dance in certain positions or dances will. Deal with it.
Kacie

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Feb 24, 2009
 

Judged:

15

15

14

Also...the only reason we danced in that recital was because Amy asked us to and we used it to give some of the dancers an extra breathing break for their quick changes. It's not like we were put into dances in front of your daughters or stole the light from them. Also, it was supposed to be a trio with my cousin also dancing with us, but something came up and she wasn't able to. But you wouldn't know that. You're too busy complaining. I can only imagine that it was you that harrassed my best friend because of this on facebook with another MADE UP name. Doesn't get much more mature than that.
APDAdancer

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Feb 26, 2009
 

Judged:

10

7

7

yelnats wrote:
<quoted text>
Amy died recently. thus the reason she isn't there.
You are very funny. She died? Check your facts! What is the source of your so called information!?
Joey Giudicessi

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
Feb 27, 2009
 

Judged:

14

14

13

Amy peel dance avenue is an absolute home. The people there are nothing short of wonderful. As someone who has been directly associated with this studio for the 17 years it has existed I know first hand how extraordinary it is. Numerous dancers have gone on to follow their dreams and pursue dancing at the next level. Had it not been for the training from APDA, there dreams may not have been realistic. The compassion of the teachers is unmatched and their willingness to be in your corner is superlative. Not everyone's child is meant to be a star, those who put in the work will be rewarded. Those who have passion for dancing, but don't have the skills will be taught to develop and blossom. Anyone with negative comments regarding APDA has clearly had a mental relapse and is showing that they are indeed a very immature and pathetic human being. Attacking someones personal demons is not only wrong, it's abusive. APDA has brought me the life skills I need to become successful and has given me a family unlike any other.
Joey Giudicessi

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Feb 27, 2009
 

Judged:

18

17

15

Also is this person suggesting that I was not a star as well? Well I may not have been in as many dances as some people, but everyone there made me feel like a superstar. Everyone was a star at APDA.
Joel Miles

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
Feb 27, 2009
 

Judged:

17

16

15

First off all i can say is "get real." This person seriously has nothing better to do with their pathetic life to bash a studio and dance teacher that not only has proven she is capable of teaching at a level that establishes winners but also being able to run a studio that puts out an amazing dance recital year after year after year. Amy Peel is a wonderful person that teaches not only dance choreography but life morals and ethics. Unfortunately this person is trying to live their dream through their child that will get them no where. If you find it necessary to write on her to bash a lady and studio that has brought joy and passion to dancing to hundreds and hundreds of people you will soon realize you are alone. You not only should apologize to Amy but to all the dance instructers at the studio. I just want to know what it takes for dance instructer to be qualified. Are the national awards and recognitions for her choreography not enough? I mean did Picasso go to college to paint the Mona Lisa.....i dont think so. All i can say is "unbelieveable." GO APDA!
Joey Giudicessi

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#44
Feb 27, 2009
 

Judged:

17

17

16

Opinions wrote:
So everyone has an opinion. Not everyone has to like something that have heard.. Some points from everyone is very justifiable.. I have too witnessed many things, and much of what is stated in the messages.. You can't deny something you witness. However Jgrubb when was the last time you were at that studio and danced? Because I can relate to things not being as they were a few years ago. Things change.. People change.. Working where I do, this is not slander its considered an opinion. People can say what they want, to a degree. And if it wasn't for internet sites that leave it open for people to post, you would never know anything. You can't stop people from posting feelings and thoughts, whether they are true or not.. That's why it's out there, whether it be blogs, sites like My Space and Facebook, or simple sites as this one. For some reason 3 individuals decided to write things. And after looking at the site suggested, what about those that posted about the rude people saving seats and stuff. Everyone has an opinion. I know many years Amy did care, not saying she don't now. But I think in the past several years it's clear that focusing ONLY on certain people, and certain dances is apparent. What about the regular classes, they need instruction just as much as her competitive team. There was a time that it was very entertaining to watch her studio, but there now is a time, a time that things have changed. And maybe it was not directly Amy that ruined it for everyone, but the students that left those bad impressions on my child, and others. The ones that showed no respect but seemed to get away with things all the time. I was there couple years ago, getting ready to leave the studio as I watch two girls (favs) yell and scream at another girl out in the parking lot. They basically waited for her to get done with dance. That is not what I want to teach my child, that's it's ok, the instructor knew and nothing happened to them. People have eyes they see things, they have ears they hear things. They can judge on their own to what happens is right or wrong.
I find it absolutely astonishing that someone whom is obviously a parent would display such a remarkable lack of judgement. It will now be displayed for your child and the rest of the world to see that you are indeed a disrespectful coward that is clearly unfit for parenting. Children should be taught to acknowledge their problems directly, not have their parents commit such utter defamation on the internet. In life people have unique experiences. So your child wasn't the star of a recital, or even a dance? Did you ever question their devotion or lack-there-of? I'm certainly happy your not my parent, I would be disgusted.
Jenny Giudicessi

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45
Mar 10, 2009
 

Judged:

14

14

12

This is one of the saddest things i have ever read or came across. I cant believe that anyone is this immature that they have to bash people on the internet. Amy Peel is a amazing women! So is apda! I danced there from the very first year it was open and i loved every min of it. The people there are the most amazing people you will ever meet and you make friends that will last a lifetime. My Brother and i were always treated like family as were everyone else that takes dance there. So what if the recital wasnt at the civic center is that what really makes a dance studio great>? Apda could dance on the concrete in a parking lot and they would still be the greatest studio ever, not because they have to win awards but because they dance with a passion for dance. Amy puts her heart and soul into everything that happens at her studio and it makes me sick that people have to put her down for there own selfish needs. I danced there for 13 years and i was never in the front row or in all the dances but thats not what matters because i was there to have FUN! I was just as important in the back. The best thing that could have happened was that you decided to leave the studio because that studio is not run by being negative. So suck it up and move on with your life and let your daughter live her own

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of57
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Des Moines Forum right now

Search the Des Moines Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Marty Conrad/Dylan Jones Jul 16 Dr Joe Revis Phd 3
Brooklyn DuPris-Starr Jul 16 Dr Joe Revis Phd 3
Your 2 Cents' Worth Submit brief anonymous comm... (Jul '09) Jul 16 Go Blue Forever 141
Why is Iowa so liberal? (Nov '12) Jul 15 Former New Englander 22
Men nabbed in asphalt scam to appear in court M... (Aug '08) Jul 13 Be aware 23
Anyone know JEFFREY RICH Scam around the DES MO... (Apr '09) Jul 10 No more scams 11
Man charged in fatal home invasion Jul 5 Go Blue Forever 1
•••
•••
•••
Des Moines Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Des Moines Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Des Moines People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Des Moines News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Des Moines
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••