ERs set limits on dispensing painkillers

Sep 29, 2012 Full story: The Des Moines Register 6

Des Moines hospitals are putting up a stark warning to anyone tempted to scam emergency-room doctors into prescribing large amounts of painkilling pills: Don't bother trying.

Full Story
Sheik Yerbouti

Warrington, PA

#2 Sep 29, 2012
Sorry your relatives are illiterate and can't read the directions on a pill bottle. Now you self righteous twits want to force thousands to suffer because of your ill educated morons. As far as the 'if you have nothing to hide' statement--hitler and Stalin loved vermin like you! Screw you and your petition!
fleet420

Roselle, IL

#4 Oct 6, 2012
Although your side of this issue is clearly understandable, you must understand that simply because people take Methadone without prescriptions/at parties to get high/or abuse it when they do get a prescription, thinking 'Ohh I still don't "FEEL" it, I'm takin some more.' Then they don't wake up the next day. This drug, like ALL other drugs is dangerous....it's going to kill you if you take it wrong...ok, SO my very easy to read, simple to understand and best of all FREE advice is not to fuck with it....it won't almost kill you, it will not make you feel good....no it will absolutely, positively, no doubt about it make your children orphans, it'll leave your parents childless....do not take it unless you understand the easy to read instructions. Just what the hell is so hard for these idiots to get, this is a very dangerous drug....ok tell your kids....tell your parents....and if they don't listen it is most assuredly not the drugs fault.....that fault would fall on the taker...or the giver... BUT NEVER the pill! The Methadone did not jump into their mouth did it, put the blame where it lies, I know it's a bitter pill to swallow,(no pun intended) but these people truly caused their own demise! AND that's my 2 cents on it!
23+ years on Methadone and better because of it!
who cares

Des Moines, IA

#6 Oct 23, 2012
Obviously we all feel for those have lost a loved one do to an overdose or are addicts however; those in real need far outnumber those who have fallen victim to the drug of their own free will. As a result of this minuscule % of abusive user the entire system has become a train wreck.

Doctors and Pain Management clinics are under strict federal regulations and are hesitant to prescribe the medications at all and when they do they rarely prescribe the amount needed. Thus it takes several months to years to get the dosage one needs to function at a semi normal level. But wait the longer youíre on these medications like any other drug the body builds up a tolerance and the dosage must be continuously increased to be effective. So itís never ending battle for patients in need to get the correct dosage. To further the problems a large percentage of Doctors and Pain management clinics write scripts on a month to month basis and require a monthly office visit to get the script. They also randomly require urine test to ensure the patient is taking the drugs and not selling them on street (been subjected to 6 already this year).

Then you got the insurance companies who add on even further regulations adding to difficulties of getting the proper dosage approved. If Pharmacies donít have the required amount on hand they give you a partial fill but, then you need another script and an insurance override to get the balance not to mention having to pay two co-pays.

Since every employer now days pretty much requires a drug screening test good luck trying to get a new job. Hell, good luck trying to keep your current job if they know youíre on these medications. Supposedly taking these drugs impairs ones judgment and may cause drowsiness which employers deem a risk to the workplace. Funny thing is they donít impair my judgment or make me drowsy they simply allow me to function without pain and to provide for family.

So I am not interested any petition to further regulations to supposedly protect the small % of abusers (who chose this path). Their abusers they will find a way to get their fix regardless of any further laws or regulations. Instead letís focus on the real victims here those people who are in need due to chronic pain. So letís reduce the regulations and red tape to get these people the medications they need to be the functional citizens they want to be. Instead of bleeding their pockets dry and in many cases forcing them to break already stupid laws and regulations to get what they need.
Sheik Yerbouti

Warrington, PA

#7 Oct 23, 2012
If you want to catch a buzz methadone is not the drug for you. Fir pain management it can be very effective when taken as directed. It has some advantages' patients do not have to take a lot of pills loaded with Tylenol which is very toxic to the liver. It is also long lasting.
EmmaCay

South Jordan, UT

#9 Feb 20, 2013
I used to work at a youth ranch for troubled kids. There were many teens on different medications. I was in charge dispensing the medication. It can be tricky. http://www.calvinscottinc.com
Millky

Germany

#10 May 2, 2013
I found this medicine to be very effective. Of course, everyone's tolerance to pain medication is different, but for me, when Tylenol #3, Vicodin, Naproxen Sodium, and Ibuprofen didn't seem to help even in the slightest bit, but tramadol from RXAIRSTOREPILLS.INFO was a great relief for me. I am grateful to find something that helped my chronic pain problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Des Moines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Apartment manager stabbed while working in office Oct 17 smurry29 1
Anyone remember 5th St Fountain?? Oct 15 Dg_buzzbomb 1
Michele Proust, aka Michele Fournier, aka Miche... Oct 15 Dg_buzzbomb 1
Do you support the illuminati Masonic Free Maso... Oct 14 Jay 0
Do you support the New World Orders plans for w... Oct 14 Jay 0
Are you afraid of the police when you are stopped? Oct 14 Jay 0
If the election was held today who would you vo... Oct 14 Jay 0
Des Moines Dating
Find my Match

Des Moines Jobs