Iowa Votes to Keep Boswell

Iowa Votes to Keep Boswell

There are 12 comments on the WHOtv story from Nov 2, 2010, titled Iowa Votes to Keep Boswell. In it, WHOtv reports that:

Democratic Rep. Leonard Boswell has won an eighth term in the U.S. House. 74-year-old Boswell has served in the Iowa Senate for 12 years but is embracing change.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHOtv.

Larry Dale

Creston, IA

#1 Nov 2, 2010
I wish the whole state could vote for all the state offices. I would liked to have been able to vote against Mr Boswell. The way he run was was filthy. The old man should be ashamed...........
ALL

Napa, CA

#2 Nov 2, 2010
Leonard, you have two more years in a minority congress. Time to do what is right for Iowa. People are tired of the Government Push into our lives.....turn it around.
Mary

United States

#3 Nov 2, 2010
How Sad!!!!!!!!! Whats he going to do without Nancy telling him what to do. Hopefully he will stay in DC and forget about Iowa.
Bob

Des Moines, IA

#4 Nov 3, 2010
I am ashamed to be in this state that would elect this "Obama Lap Dog". He has voted for everything that will hurt Iowans and Americans. I have e-mailed him often over the last couple of years and all I got back was a form letter. I even translated one of them into Russian to see if he could understand that. Just got a form letter! What a BUM!!!
Disabled Vet

Gardner, KS

#5 Nov 3, 2010
Boswell has helped me out in some problems. He is a good guy he is great for the vets of Iowa.
Tony

Chariton, IA

#6 Nov 3, 2010
good.
dave

Fort Madison, IA

#7 Nov 3, 2010
Well, when you spread enough negativitity about your apponent anyone could have beaten Zaun. This guy can't win unless he spreads half truths and total lies.

Well, at least his yes mam votes won't count this time around and in two years maybe the republicans in this district can find someone that he can't find something negative to smear across the TV.

I like his comment about term limitations. He said he would run for only four terms and is now going to serve his seventh. This guy can't even tell the truth when it really doesn't matter.
Dave

Omaha, NE

#8 Nov 3, 2010
Boswell is the meanest person ever to run for office in my 40 years of voting....Sad. What will a person do to get elected? What Boswell did. Very, Very sad....
Hardworker

Chicago, IL

#9 Nov 3, 2010
How arrogant can someone be? It isn't like he won in a landslide (like Grassley) and by his statements he is showing he is a professional politician and is only out for himself. I never liked the guy but after seeing all his nasty commercials against Zaun (rather than his own accomplishments for Iowa?) it confirms he will do anything to return to DC.
jeff

Grimes, IA

#10 Nov 3, 2010
we probably have criminals in prison that are more honest and care more about Iowa than he does. i did my part and voted against him
dave

Fort Madison, IA

#11 Nov 3, 2010
Maybe there should be a recount of the votes to make sure they are correct and that he did not cheat and lie about the number of votes. I would like to know where these cockroaches came from to vote for him.

Since: Aug 10

Hiawatha, IA

#12 Nov 3, 2010
I was really saddened by his being re-elected until I realized that his wings will be clipped. As a minority in the House he will not have the power that he had previously.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Des Moines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fun Snapchat Mar 25 Drt92 2
Adulterer Bill W. Davis of Urbandale Mar 25 Your new nightmare 1
ObamaCare is Working ! (Jan '16) Mar 24 WATCHDOG 11
iowa sucks (Jan '08) Mar 24 Pete Rickets 402
Natalie Finn - R.I.P. Mar 17 abc 1
News Housing a Urban Development Secretary Ben Carso... Mar 13 Dems Reps for Ben... 23
Des Moines residents to Elias Johnson and Alyx ... Mar 13 Nevada Wolf Pack ... 3

Des Moines Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Des Moines Mortgages