Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

How can this terrible company still be around? That explains why Kendra couldnt give a crap. She treats people awful. I would never work for them - as a traveler or an office person.

I work for a wonderful company. Opposite of NTS. My recruiter is the best.
Ang

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Travelermovingon wrote:
Its companies like NTS that create a bad image for the good ones.
I have since found a pearl in a sea of oysters. I am lucky enough to have found the best recruiter ever. She only works with referrals and doesn't even "recruit" random therapists. Why? She doesn't have to. She even picks and chooses who she is willing to work with. Usually it's us travelers that "interviews" recruiters because let's face it, a lot are shady. This girl interviews US and if you are lucky enough to work with her, she will move heaven and earth for you.
She responds to emails/texts within seconds...not even minutes.
If a manager isnt there to sign a timesheet, she has the power to pay you anyway
She has advanced me housing allowance early when I've been in a bind
They don't deduct hours if you call in sick because like she said "you shouldnt be punished for being sick"
She talks to you like a friend and works her heart out to find a good fit
Her travelers stay for years because once your "in", there isnt a better recruiter or company out there. Trust me.
She is there any time of any day but also let's you do your job and respects your time
She sends gift cards and notes thanking you for doing a great job.
I was shocked because she doesn't beg travelers to take assignments...travelers beg her to take them on.
My point is that nobody should be treated the way NTS does. I'm just sorry I didnt find my current company (and most importantly my recruiter) years ago.
Stay away from companies like NTS Staffing. Im sorry I wasted 3 months with them. I'll never get those 3 months back.
Hi! Thank you for your post...I was doing some research on the company since they recently reached out to me about working for them as an SLPA, but because I knew nothing about NTS Staffing I decided to hold off on it until I learned more about them. I'm really curious to know the name of the company you are working with now...I've been searching for one in the NYC area with no luck. I'm in desperate need. Hope you or anyone can help. Thanks!
never again

Lindsay, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

I would honestly stay clear of this company unless you are ABSOLUTELY in a desperate need of some work. They will own you, I have heard now that they make everyone sign a 2 yr non compete. Which basically means that u have to get a job through them for 2 yrs regardless if u find one on your own. Google staffing agencies for SLPA. There are great agencies all over the country that work with clients around where you live. NTS is not something I could ever recommend to anyone though. Best of luck to you!
Vomit

Waterloo, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

never again wrote:
I would honestly stay clear of this company unless you are ABSOLUTELY in a desperate need of some work. They will own you, I have heard now that they make everyone sign a 2 yr non compete. Which basically means that u have to get a job through them for 2 yrs regardless if u find one on your own. Google staffing agencies for SLPA. There are great agencies all over the country that work with clients around where you live. NTS is not something I could ever recommend to anyone though. Best of luck to you!
As someone who just did a 3 month contract with this "company" I can verify that this is by far the worst place someone can be employed. DO NOT WORK HERE unless you absolutely have to! No one should have to do what this company expects! Look elsewhere, there are far better companies to work for! The recruiters are LIARS and Kendra is a terrible person. Please, AVOID THIS COMPANY!
never again

Rochester, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

I was foolish, I thought maybe all these poor reviews were just being too dramatic. I am very laid back and can take most anything. I was wrong. This is by far the worst company I've ever had to deal with. I would never recommend this company to anyone. Kendra is a blood sucking monster and her dad should be in prison for selling this god damn disaster. For the love of god avoid this blood sucking company. The father daughter in this co is so disgusting.So many lies and false advertising. Avoid!
Agreed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Described this company perfectly! They should be put out of business. Unethical cheats, i pray no one falls victim to this company
never again wrote:
I was foolish, I thought maybe all these poor reviews were just being too dramatic. I am very laid back and can take most anything. I was wrong. This is by far the worst company I've ever had to deal with. I would never recommend this company to anyone. Kendra is a blood sucking monster and her dad should be in prison for selling this god damn disaster. For the love of god avoid this blood sucking company. The father daughter in this co is so disgusting.So many lies and false advertising. Avoid!
Cancer

Cedar Falls, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

This company is CANCER! Kendra is awful and so is her decrepitude father. They are both cancer and cheaper than a Colombian hooker. I wouldn't recommend NTS on my worst enemy. Avoid
Garbage

Jupiter, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

All the reviews are true. Stay clear of this place. I plan on turning them into the BBB. I reccommend everyone else do the same if they have cheated you like they did me. My friends and I down here in FL will never work for this atrocious company again. They are thieves.
SLPA in Nebraska

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

I'm really shocked to see all of these reviews! I am a therapist on contract with this company and have had a extremely positive experience so far. I like my recruiter and they are good about getting back to me when I call or have questions. My position is exactly how it was describe and I really love the school I'm working at!

I was so shocked to see some of these comments, so I looked for reviews on other contract companies that I've worked for in the past and have hear of and it looked like they had several negative comments as well so maybe its just everyone's individual experience with companies. Not sure but I just wanted to say I really like the company and enjoy my position with them so far.
Riiiight

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Funny how you state that you're an SLPA in Nebraska yet your IP address shows that it is from Ankeny, IA. Wonder why...couldn't be that the owner or his daughter are writing fake positive reviews on here..
SLPA in Nebraska wrote:
I'm really shocked to see all of these reviews! I am a therapist on contract with this company and have had a extremely positive experience so far. I like my recruiter and they are good about getting back to me when I call or have questions. My position is exactly how it was describe and I really love the school I'm working at!
I was so shocked to see some of these comments, so I looked for reviews on other contract companies that I've worked for in the past and have hear of and it looked like they had several negative comments as well so maybe its just everyone's individual experience with companies. Not sure but I just wanted to say I really like the company and enjoy my position with them so far.
Annie

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

Run away as fast as you can from this place. This company and the people who run it are unethical, unprofessional, and very dishonest. They are by far the worst company I have ever worked for.
The manager frequently talked about customers with derogatory language. For example, more than once she referred to a particular customer as a "frumpy old grandma", and suggested that we stay away from hiring old people because they are "slow learners."

I started working for NTS in Aug 2013 as a staffing manager (recruiter). There were only two other recruiters who had started only 30 days prior to me. No one had been there longer than a month except for the owner and his daughter whom he had made the office manager.
I was shocked on my first day to find NO computers at our desks! I had to call "leads" from old resumes, some dated back from 2004. They were all printed off CareerBuilders’ site. Once I started calling people I realized the script NTS provided was very misleading. We recruiters were required to basically lie to people to get them to allow NTS to place them in a job. We were required to tell them that NTS had jobs for them when, in fact, we had absolutely nothing lined up for them at all. Also, there was a $20k broken contract fee for the candidates and/or clients for at least a year. This fee was disclosed in writing only. For those who are not paying attention to what they are signing end up screwed. I read a review on Topix.com of a woman who was expected to pay the $20k fee and ended up losing her house over it.

Now onto my confrontation: I spoke with the owners three days into the job, about how uncomfortable I was feeling by misleading people among other things. The owner told me, and I quote, "I applaud you for your conscience; and I would like to THINK I had a conscience, too"…but that it was just the nature of the business and their livelihood. Then he told me I was spending too much time analyzing their company; that I wasn’t a good fit, and he fired me. A week later they denied my unemployment claim and said I quit! I was able to prove otherwise from the termination letter he gave me; he even told me they would not fight my unemployment claim. Liar! A few days later NTS changed their story. IA Workforce sent me a letter that stated NTS said I WAS fired for misconduct but they were unable to provide sufficient proof Thankfully, I finally was awarded my unemployment.

Please, save yourself the headache and do not work with this nightmare of a company!
It could

Pittsfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

but maybe not

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Des Moines Forum right now

Search the Des Moines Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Miss V'S Honky Tonk Island Jul 27 David 1
New Workout Kosama (Feb '10) Jul 26 Kosama Clive 65
Humbolt mayor, victim agree on restitution Jul 25 As8b1045b 1
Marty Conrad/Dylan Jones Jul 24 Dr Joe Revis Phd 4
Groups Lobby For Jobless Benefits Extension Jul 24 Tracey 1
Your 2 Cents' Worth Submit brief anonymous comm... (Jul '09) Jul 23 BIG D RETIRED VETERAN 143
Brooklyn DuPris-Starr Jul 16 Dr Joe Revis Phd 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Des Moines Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Des Moines People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE