BigTen429

West Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2010

Does anyone have any information on this company? NTS Staffing, also known as National Therapy Services Staffing, is a healthcare staffing agency located in Pleasant Hill, Iowa. The company has contacted me regarding an interview for employment, as they found my info on Career Builder. They have been very friendly on the phone, but I can't find any information other than their website online. I can't find any reviews or any company info whatsoever. Has anyone here ever done business with or know of anyone who has worked for NTS? I just relocated to Des Moines and am aggressively searching for a job, but don't want to get suckered into a scam or anything. Thank you very much.
annonymous

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2010

Judged:

Don't do it and don't sign anything until everything has been disclosed to you completely. Be prepared to work tons of overtime and have unrealistic goals. Small family company trying to operate like a large organization. Your concerns are valid and they hunt resumes off the internet daily and go through employees quickly once you know what you have gotten yourself into. You will want out!
been there done that

Reseda, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2011

Judged:

Hey OP - I worked for this company (for rehab) and they are a nightmare! They make you (well they don't make you) but their contract states that if you cancel before X date you owe them like 20, or 30 thousand dollars!

My contract luckily was for 6 weeks and I had been unemployed for a while and I really needed to work so I did it but the job site was aweful AND all of a sudden after calling me 3 times a day they couldn't be reached by me OR the client so I could express my situation! Stay clear - better safe than sorry. I finished my contract and I don't care how much I need to pay bills I would never work for them again.
prev-st-mgr-empl oyee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2011

Judged:

Great company to work for. Realistic sales quotas and generous commissions. I know that two others besides myself have earned $80,000+ each in less than 12 months. But just like mgmt tells you when you start, you need to work evenings Mon. Through Fri. Which adds up to 47 hours Per week. Some turnover like anywhere else. Company doesn't. Keep poor workers very long either. My spouse was transferred or I'd. Still be working there.
smdaivs

Norwalk, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2011

prev-st-mgr-employee wrote:
Great company to work for. Realistic sales quotas and generous commissions. I know that two others besides myself have earned $80,000+ each in less than 12 months. But just like mgmt tells you when you start, you need to work evenings Mon. Through Fri. Which adds up to 47 hours Per week. Some turnover like anywhere else. Company doesn't. Keep poor workers very long either. My spouse was transferred or I'd. Still be working there.
I am wanting more info om this company. Im condidering working as a healthcare recruiter for them and Im wanting to know is the sales quota, you say its realistic what does realistic mean and it is very doable for someone who doesnt have much experience in sales? I would to make $80,000. How do you get workers to sign on?
would you be able to email me at sslechta@mchsi.com
thanks
anonymous

Sheldon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2011

Judged:

I worked for them, don't do it. The post from 2/24/10 is completely accurate. When you go to work there you will see no computer on your desk. All recruiters (except the owner and his daughter) share one computer. The company runs as though it were still 1970. All of your emails, mail and faxes are filtered to you through them. That way they can "block" you on the good job orders until they've had an opportunity to find their own candidates to put in. Once they are done presenting their candidates, you may have the opportunity to present yours-if the job order is still open. The training there is non-existent. Run away as fast as you can! WORST place I've ever worked!
RTSLP23

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2011

Have worked for this company for a few years now on assignment. Good company to work for...they are honest and follow their contracts 100%.
Anonymous

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2011

Just started with company and have made big sales within my first 60 days. I agree its different than a lot of places, but you can also make a lot of money this way. I enjoy working as a recruiter here but I can see how it might not be for everyone.
Recruiter for NTS

Ankeny, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

Judged:

I am currently what one would call a staffing manager for NTS Staffing. Being objective, I can see both positives and negatives with what everyone has shared.

Yes, I put in hours at the office. Yes, it can be slow at times. Yes, I get miserably bored and just want to leave.

Yet, the more hours I work, the better a chance I have to find the right candidate and make a sale, increasing my income.

So, it's a give and take, depending on how you look at it.
SpeechTherapistM ovingOn

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2012

I accepted an assignment through this company and had the exact same experience as "been there done that" Feb 5, 2011. Glad to see they have improved in a year *smirk. I was also desperate for a job and even relocated for a 4 month contract. If I had broken the contract, I would have owed them $20,000. Luckily, the job was temporary, but let me tell you, it was the worst. The school district was an absolute nightmare, a train wreck, completely disorganized. I was working WAY MORE than my compensated 40-hours per week, and when I brought this up to my recruiter, he replied, "Well all speech therapists bring work home." Yeah, right, I don't mind working at home on a lesson plan or report here and there, but at this site I was expected to complete 25 speech/language evaluations in 19 weeks, plus 15 screenings all while managing a full-time caseload. When it seemed apparent that I would not be signing another contract with this company, all contact ceased. Bottom line: if the contract is for a short, manageable amount of time, and you are desperate, sign on for the experience but expect to be over-worked and have any issues you experience shrugged off.
Therapist

Carson City, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2012

Would appreciate info from Therapists who have been or are employed by Co. I have concerns re/the contract. 2 days sick leave w/Dr. note?? 20K for not completing assignment. Appears to be many red flags but don't know. Help!!!
juile

West Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Therapist wrote:
Would appreciate info from Therapists who have been or are employed by Co. I have concerns re/the contract. 2 days sick leave w/Dr. note?? 20K for not completing assignment. Appears to be many red flags but don't know. Help!!!
Don't do it, awful company. They are the shadiest company out there! Rude staff or recruiters and the manager lady is very rude!

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2012

Judged:

This is the worst staffing company EVER! Very small mom and pop organization that puts fear into travelers with contracts and will come after them if they don't adhere to them completely. People don't stay there because of loyalty or good treatment, it's ONLY because they signed a piece of paper and NTS will come after them like pit vipers. They have a horrible reputation in the industry and I tell all my traveling friends to NEVER go there. They are a hokey, small company that doesn't have very many contracts. Then if something goes wrong and you are put in an unethical situation - TOO BAD - you signed a contract! Period.

WORST COMPANY IN THE COUNTRY. Rude recruiters and that staffing manager is a moron. Don't make the mistake...don't even call them. Move on right away to the next company. There are good ones out there - this just isn't one of them.
AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2012

Judged:

I worked through NTS nearly two years ago. Did my assignment and moved on. I had been working at a school that I found on my own up till two weeks ago, why? Because NTS found out I found the job on my own and called the school and told them I was in violation of a non compete! The non compete was nearly up! I was released from my position at the school because the b*tch of a manager, Kendra, called the school and informed them that they better "fire" me or there would be legal action. I am now jobless because of her, I have a mortgage, car payment, bills, and two kids, and no income now because of her and NTS Staffing. I am literally shocked that this happened. I beg of anyone even considering this company to AVOID IT!!! They are a tiny ma and pa shop who will do anything to make money off you, even if that means they make you homeless and broke. NTS Staffing: thank you for getting me fired, try explaining to my kids that I don't know if we will have a house over our heads anymore or where the next meal is going to come from. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS!!!
NTS IS AWFUL

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2012

Judged:

AVOID AT ALL COSTS wrote:
I worked through NTS nearly two years ago. Did my assignment and moved on. I had been working at a school that of her, I have a mortgage, car payment, bills, and two kids, and no income now because of her and NTS Staffing. I am literally shocked that this happened. I beg of anyone even considering this company to AVOID IT!!! They are a tiny ma and pa shop who will do anything to make money off you, even if that means they make you homeless and broke. NTS Staffing: thank you for getting me fired, try explaining to my the next meal is going to come from. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS!!!

This has happened to a number of people. I can't imagine why any client or school would want to do business with NTS. Kendra is horrible and has no ethics at all. She throws around the "non compete" all the time and doesn't care if a person is jobless because of that or not. It's all about her stingy selfish dollar for herself. They also censor every email and you can't talk to a manager. I wouldn't wish that place on my worst enemy. Horrible people, horrible company. Don't call them and certainly don't sign anything. You'll be screwed if you do.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2012

Judged:

Its companies like NTS that create a bad image for the good ones.

I have since found a pearl in a sea of oysters. I am lucky enough to have found the best recruiter ever. She only works with referrals and doesn't even "recruit" random therapists. Why? She doesn't have to. She even picks and chooses who she is willing to work with. Usually it's us travelers that "interviews" recruiters because let's face it, a lot are shady. This girl interviews US and if you are lucky enough to work with her, she will move heaven and earth for you.
She responds to emails/texts within seconds...not even minutes.
If a manager isnt there to sign a timesheet, she has the power to pay you anyway
She has advanced me housing allowance early when I've been in a bind
They don't deduct hours if you call in sick because like she said "you shouldnt be punished for being sick"
She talks to you like a friend and works her heart out to find a good fit
Her travelers stay for years because once your "in", there isnt a better recruiter or company out there. Trust me.
She is there any time of any day but also let's you do your job and respects your time
She sends gift cards and notes thanking you for doing a great job.
I was shocked because she doesn't beg travelers to take assignments...travelers beg her to take them on.

My point is that nobody should be treated the way NTS does. I'm just sorry I didnt find my current company (and most importantly my recruiter) years ago.

Stay away from companies like NTS Staffing. Im sorry I wasted 3 months with them. I'll never get those 3 months back.
NTS IS A JOKE

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

Judged:

I wasn't going to post anything because the reviews speak for themselves. But here I go anyways...I worked at NTS for a few short weeks. I didn't need or want the job but I applied anyways because I had been out of "Corporate America" (Self employed) for a few yrs. and thought I should brush up on my interviewing skills. I was hired on the spot, took it (like a fool) and started work the following week. The first day I should have walked out, I nearly did. They have nine other "recruiters" there and they run the place like its 1970. One computer for all these recruiters, everything was done on paper and we had to look up locations on an ATLAS!! Who in the hell still uses an Atlas!? I actually went over my data plan on my phone because the computer was never available and I always had to look up information.
The "manager" turned out to be the owners daughter and she had a MAJOR attitude problem. She talks down to everyone like they are stupid, she shows ZERO respect or appreciation to anyone, and there is absolutely ZERO training. Unless you consider watching 8hrs of VHS tapes from 1970 on a crap TV on "how to recruit" training. There were a few times I had to take a walk because of the "managers" attitude towards me. I had ZERO respect for her, she acted like she owned the place when she obviously didn't, daddy gave her the position that she is in. I started, owned, operated, and sold a boat rental company for well over six figures by the time I was 24 and never once did I not say "thank you" at the end of the day to all my employees, I treated all my employees with respect. This is something NTS will not do if you work for them.
NTS doesn't care about the individuals they recruit, numerous times I was told not to say anything about the ghetto a$$ places we would be sending our healthcare professionals. If they were to ask, I was told to "dr. up" the location. I thought it was unethical and terrible business practices. NTS only cares about making money off your misery, I truly believe that.
The hours are terrible here, it feels like a prison. I worked 60-80 hrs a week for yrs with no problem in the past. NTS only wants 47 hrs a week from you but my God it was the longest weeks ever. Probably because you are sitting in a tiny cubicle with no window, no computer, just a phone and a pile of old resumes from years ago.
When I interviewed they told me I would be salary, turns out that was a LIE! When I confronted them about it they said because of the hrs I worked throughout the course of the year it would average out to be the same on hourly pay, BS.
I could go on and on but I have already started a small novel. In closing, to anyone thinking about being a "recruiter" here, good luck, they don't have the updated tools for you to succeed. You will be put down by daddy's little manager on a daily basis, and you will have to rewire your brain to do simple tasks in the most agonizing inefficient way. To any healthcare professional thinking about working with NTS, that decision is up to you. Look at the reviews and you can make an educated decision. All in all I am glad for this experience with NTS, it made me realize I never want to go back to working for someone. I will stick with working for myself!
---I am sure the manager is a nice person out of NTS, she just needs to go back to Business Management 101/Communications 101, etc.-
just terrible

Waterloo, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Judged:

The Walmart of recruiting. Just awful all around. Can't believe they are still around.
Glad to be Gone

Eden Prairie, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Judged:

I worked internally as the office staff and NTS for over a year and it was HELL! When I started there was 4 office staff memeber and by the time I left I was doing the job alone--of all four people. I was also told that I should be able to keep up on the work AND work 9 hour days AND fight to get to leave in my scheduled time frame. It was ridiculos. The owner's daughter, Kendra, is the worst human to possibly work for. Her attitude never ends, she is the most cold hearted person I know. I was also PHYSICALLY ASULTED by a coworker who was related to the boss and I was repremanded for it. Just a ridiculos place all around and everything said above is true. The recruiters sit in a cubicle with NO COMPUTER, you are not allowed to use a CELL PHONE, there is ONE COMPUTER for 20 people to use. They are so CHEAP! They kept all office supplies like white out and pens locked in a drawer and you had to ask permission for it. Dont ever work for this company.
Disaster

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

Glad to be Gone wrote:
I worked internally as the office staff and NTS for over a year and it was HELL! When I started there was 4 office staff memeber and by the time I left I was doing the job alone--of all four people. I was also told that I should be able to keep up on the work AND work 9 hour days AND fight to get to leave in my scheduled time frame. It was ridiculos. The owner's daughter, Kendra, is the worst human to possibly work for. Her attitude never ends, she is the most cold hearted person I know. I was also PHYSICALLY ASULTED by a coworker who was related to the boss and I was repremanded for it. Just a ridiculos place all around and everything said above is true. The recruiters sit in a cubicle with NO COMPUTER, you are not allowed to use a CELL PHONE, there is ONE COMPUTER for 20 people to use. They are so CHEAP! They kept all office supplies like white out and pens locked in a drawer and you had to ask permission for it. Dont ever work for this company.
For you to be able to work there for a year and still be sane is beyond me! Anyone that can put up with Kendra for more than a couple weeks deserves a medal! Seriously, congrats to you for getting out of that concentration camp. No one deserves to be treated the way NTS treats their internal employees, as well as external. That place is the definition of an unhealthy work environment!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Des Moines Discussions

Search the Des Moines Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Miss V'S Honky Tonk Island Sun David 1
New Workout Kosama (Feb '10) Sat Kosama Clive 65
Humbolt mayor, victim agree on restitution Jul 25 As8b1045b 1
Marty Conrad/Dylan Jones Jul 24 Dr Joe Revis Phd 4
Groups Lobby For Jobless Benefits Extension Jul 24 Tracey 1
Your 2 Cents' Worth Submit brief anonymous comm... (Jul '09) Jul 23 BIG D RETIRED VETERAN 143
Brooklyn DuPris-Starr Jul 16 Dr Joe Revis Phd 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Des Moines Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Des Moines People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE