COLD CASE: Owner of popular strip clu...

COLD CASE: Owner of popular strip club gunned down in 1996 murder

There are 142 comments on the WHOtv story from Aug 6, 2010, titled COLD CASE: Owner of popular strip club gunned down in 1996 murder. In it, WHOtv reports that:

In the mid 90's, Big Earl Hamilton was a local legend. He owned Big Earl's Gold Mine, a strip club just outside of Des Moines, which drew big crowds and big cash with the first topless and bottomless joint in the area.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHOtv.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Leo

Berlin, MD

#1 Aug 6, 2010
How is this news? Who cares what happened to this guy. He is dead because of who he was and how he lived. Too bad so sad.
Susan L

Ankeny, IA

#3 Aug 6, 2010
I dated Big Earl for over a year, and then decided I wanted to have a black baby. He promised he would adhere to that, if I would not ever try him in court for child support.
I am very happy to have my only son, Bradley who is now 21 years old, and fathered by Earl. He is a very smart young man, and I hope he will have the same respect for people, and become wealthy like his father.
Henry

Ankeny, IA

#4 Aug 7, 2010
Big Earl's death was a well planned ordeal, if I remember right.
There was not one piece of evidence ever found, therefore detectives had no leads what so ever.
Big Earl was involved in anything where money could be made, not only in Des Moines, but in Chicago, Kansas City, Omaha, and other cities where you would especially find gambling and prostitution at stake.
I was involved somewhat into the investigation at the time it happened, and it was determined robbery was not the motive, because his billfold was not touched, and it contained several hundred dollars.
It is news to me, that he had security cameras, which were not working, and he was carrying a money bag when ambushed. Stories continue to change every time I read about him.
One thing we do know, he was shot in the head from behind, and chances are if he were living today, he could not tell you who did it.
I believe this case will stay cold forever !!!!!
Dr J

Des Moines, IA

#5 Aug 7, 2010
Might want to focus on some "close" family members who would benefit from his death....
Leo

Berlin, MD

#6 Aug 7, 2010
Susan L wrote:
I dated Big Earl for over a year, and then decided I wanted to have a black baby. He promised he would adhere to that, if I would not ever try him in court for child support.
I am very happy to have my only son, Bradley who is now 21 years old, and fathered by Earl. He is a very smart young man, and I hope he will have the same respect for people, and become wealthy like his father.
If he becomes the next Earl he will probably end the same way his father did. Face down in the dirt with a bullet in his head. Be careful what you wish for you might get it. A man that does not want to provide for his children is not a man, he is scum.
Harley Rider

Ankeny, IA

#8 Aug 7, 2010
I let Big Earl pimp my wife for over a 2-year period, and she made a very good living at it.
He worked her in the exclusive motels when there were big activities going on in town. She made over $3000.00 on a a slow weekend, and a great amount more, especially when the Presidential Caucuses were in town. She bought and paid cash for my new Harley Davidson Motorcycle over a one week period, while working for him.
Big Earl was a very good friend of mine, and my wife and I miss him very much !!!!
Harley Rider

Ankeny, IA

#10 Aug 7, 2010
Big Earl ran his operation only the best of the best.
It was probably the only type operation in America, and he hired only professional people who had to do what they were hired to do. He pimped both male and female, and they were instructed to do what ever the customer wanted, as long as they paid the price.
There was no exception, so if a gay man called Earl to send over a male for a sex act, his male prostitute had to go. Likewise if a lesbian called for a very attractive female, she also had to go, even if she was straight.
If a hotel from out of state called for men or women, he would supply what ever they needed. He would also send along bodyguards to protect the women. The guards always carried receivers on them, while the women had a transmitter in her purse, in case anyone gave the woman trouble while in a hotel room.
My ole lady met all kinds of people while working for Earl. She made all kinds of money, and worked very few hours per week.
One of the most interesting out calls my wife ever performed, was when a man called Big Earl for a woman to show up at his motel room. He said he wanted a pretty well built woman, and have her bring some sewing needles with her. Earl told him to just set back and relax, and one would be right over. On the way to the motel, she and her bodyguard got a little worried about what was about to take place, and he told her not to worry, as he would be just steps away.
After she entered the room, and got this jerks instructions, she went to the bathroom, closed the door and called her bodyguard, telling him he would hear some crying and screaming, but not to get alarmed, and kick the door in.
She went ahead and tied the jerk, which was already naked, to the bed with his own rope, and then cuffed him with his own police handcuffs.
Just as soon as she started pricking his nut sack, with the needles he ordered, he started showing some pain, but told her to continue, but to do it a little harder and faster.
After about 10-minutes of this ordeal, she realized this man was in serious condition, so she unlocked the door, yelled for her bodyguard for help. He quickly found the keys to the handcuffs, untied the rope, and got the jerk to their car, for a ride to Broadlawns Hospital, where they kicked him out in front of the Emergency door and drove off.
Would you believe this man paid Big Earl around $1000.00 for all his suffering ???
Leo

Berlin, MD

#11 Aug 7, 2010
Sounds like we should all celebrate his death. Why would we waste resouces on finding his killer unless we wanted to give him a medal. Sounds like he got off light with a bullet to the head. Earl was a moron to walk out carring a bag that looked like a bank bag although I doubt that is why he was slaughtered. It was a public service.
Ako Earls nephew

Ankeny, IA

#12 Aug 7, 2010
The only thing I worship is the true and living God who lives in me. I am true and living,because I know God,you are the living dead because you worship a mystery you don't know,understand nor can you explain. You have no life,you spend your numbered days envious of Earl,even in his death. You don't know me or what kind of life I am living. My uncle is dead and he has already been judged by God,but remember...you have to stand before the same God and be subject to the same judgment when you die in the near future. So your judgment of me or him is invalid. YOU WILL DIE 1 DAY TOO! All the arrogance in the world will not stop that. I am sure there is a place in hell reserved especially for you,right next to my uncle if you think he is there. I am sure he is in a better place than you will be LOOSER and your children should be ashamed of you...I pray that they don't follow your path of arrogance, you are proud of what? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! YOU ARE A NOBODY in fact when you die, nobody will know,or even care, it WONT make the news it WONT make the papers beyond the obituaries (if your family can even afford it) and you WONT be missed by your community, so that is what makes my day, it has nothing to do with your jealous remarks,because I know you don't know me nor did you know my uncle. I AM STILL convinced that Earl took your woman from you,HAHAHAHAHAH and you're still hurting about it huh? My uncles body is in his grave but you and everybody else is still talking about him...you keep his spirit alive,and if he is watching and listening he is laughing at you and all his haters!!! He has no more pain to deal with but you on the other hand have to finish living your worthless life, and still have to face your LORD and be judged! So don't worry about me or my uncle being immoral you need to make sure you are right and exact before you leave here. Stop being a judge because you will be judged by the true judge! ARROGANT S.O.B.!!!
Ako Earls nephew

Ankeny, IA

#13 Aug 7, 2010
Leo wrote:
Sounds like we should all celebrate his death. Why would we waste resouces on finding his killer unless we wanted to give him a medal. Sounds like he got off light with a bullet to the head. Earl was a moron to walk out carring a bag that looked like a bank bag although I doubt that is why he was slaughtered. It was a public service.
Well lets just put your family in the same position as mines, and see how they would feel, if the shoe was on the other foot,AMEN! You incur a grievous curse upon yourself and your entire family for such arrogance to think you cannot be a victim of the same circumstances,AMEN. You will feel the same pain one day in your life,if not you the your children shall,AMEN. Your sins will be visited with justice as all sins are,you are NOT exempt,AMEN! All I can do is pray for you my clear avowed enemy and in doing so heap hot coals on top of your head,AMEN. Who God blessed no man can curse, don't be jealous of our blessings..but thank The lord for yours,AMEN.
Susan L

Ankeny, IA

#14 Aug 7, 2010
Harley Rider wrote:
Big Earl ran his operation only the best of the best.
It was probably the only type operation in America, and he hired only professional people who had to do what they were hired to do. He pimped both male and female, and they were instructed to do what ever the customer wanted, as long as they paid the price.
There was no exception, so if a gay man called Earl to send over a male for a sex act, his male prostitute had to go. Likewise if a lesbian called for a very attractive female, she also had to go, even if she was straight.
If a hotel from out of state called for men or women, he would supply what ever they needed. He would also send along bodyguards to protect the women. The guards always carried receivers on them, while the women had a transmitter in her purse, in case anyone gave the woman trouble while in a hotel room.
My ole lady met all kinds of people while working for Earl. She made all kinds of money, and worked very few hours per week.
One of the most interesting out calls my wife ever performed, was when a man called Big Earl for a woman to show up at his motel room. He said he wanted a pretty well built woman, and have her bring some sewing needles with her. Earl told him to just set back and relax, and one would be right over. On the way to the motel, she and her bodyguard got a little worried about what was about to take place, and he told her not to worry, as he would be just steps away.
After she entered the room, and got this jerks instructions, she went to the bathroom, closed the door and called her bodyguard, telling him he would hear some crying and screaming, but not to get alarmed, and kick the door in.
She went ahead and tied the jerk, which was already naked, to the bed with his own rope, and then cuffed him with his own police handcuffs.
Just as soon as she started pricking his nut sack, with the needles he ordered, he started showing some pain, but told her to continue, but to do it a little harder and faster.
After about 10-minutes of this ordeal, she realized this man was in serious condition, so she unlocked the door, yelled for her bodyguard for help. He quickly found the keys to the handcuffs, untied the rope, and got the jerk to their car, for a ride to Broadlawns Hospital, where they kicked him out in front of the Emergency door and drove off.
Would you believe this man paid Big Earl around $1000.00 for all his suffering ???
"ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS
I wish I could have met Big Earl !!!
This one takes the cake !!
LMAO !!!
super puke

Ankeny, IA

#15 Aug 7, 2010
Leo wrote:
Sounds like we should all celebrate his death. Why would we waste resouces on finding his killer unless we wanted to give him a medal. Sounds like he got off light with a bullet to the head. Earl was a moron to walk out carring a bag that looked like a bank bag although I doubt that is why he was slaughtered. It was a public service.
I cannot see why you can run down Big Earl.
He was probably on of the best business man in Des Moines. Once he got to know you, he would give you the shirt of his back. I have personaly seen him give some stranger a free drink, any maybe slip money in his pocket, just to make a friend. He was very wealthy, and he realized, it was the public that made him rich, so he thought now, it was his time to help someone out. He would shake a strangers hand with a most welcome smile, and he met it.
The only reason LEO can be mad at him, is because LEO turned his back, and BIG EARL stuck his Horse Saugage to her, and now she will want BIG EARL back again.
"IS THIS KINDA WHAT HAPPENED LEO ???"
Leo

Berlin, MD

#17 Aug 7, 2010
Ako Earls nephew wrote:
<quoted text>
Well lets just put your family in the same position as mines, and see how they would feel, if the shoe was on the other foot,AMEN! You incur a grievous curse upon yourself and your entire family for such arrogance to think you cannot be a victim of the same circumstances,AMEN. You will feel the same pain one day in your life,if not you the your children shall,AMEN. Your sins will be visited with justice as all sins are,you are NOT exempt,AMEN! All I can do is pray for you my clear avowed enemy and in doing so heap hot coals on top of your head,AMEN. Who God blessed no man can curse, don't be jealous of our blessings..but thank The lord for yours,AMEN.
How can you worship this man and God? I have been blessed in every aspect of my life. Earl had nothing that a descent man would want. He lacked character and was satins child. I am happy everything work out so well. The world is a much better place with him sleeping with worms. The price of sin is death. Based on what I have heard here is is likely he was killed by his own family or one of his employees. The cameras were not working that night is very telling.
Ako Earls nephew

Ankeny, IA

#18 Aug 8, 2010
Thanx Super for letting it be know from a reality stand point wich Leo hates...Leo...That woman he took from you was exactly how you explained her to be,and she was only with you because you are the same,you are no better than Earl,or that woman,he still took that woman you thought loved you,and regardless to however low you thought of him,she obviously felt that you were even lower, then she jumped ship from your broke weak low life self,and that will never change...the price of sin is death,and you are already living dead,if you even knew what that scripture meant! So enjoy what you perceive as your blessing in this world because you have nothing coming in the next.(worshiping God and my uncle in whom God lived)You don't have a clue who God is but you seem to be well acquainted with Satan. I can see that you are completely ignorant and you are not even worth me responding any more...like I have said time after time you are jealous of Earl and all that he as is and always will be... you will die in your own iniquities because the price of your sin will ultimately be paid with your very life also because no man will escape death,so soon you will be worm food or fuel for the fire. So you better love that woman-or man you are with now before some one like Earl comes along and makes your life a living hell again! last week I read psalms 91 that was a clear prediction of my encounter with you,I will enjoy watching you fall as my lord will show me in a vision exactly how and when.GET BEHIND ME SATAN!
Leo

Berlin, MD

#19 Aug 8, 2010
In your religiom you would make a criminal like Earl a saint. He was a criminal. Now he is a dead criminal. To use the Bible to defend him is one sick and twisted view. You must be a member of The Latter day Church of Pimps. I was not even in Iowa during his criminal life here. To claim God was in this man is sick. He tried to make this great city into another Sodom and Gamorrah. You are an idiot.
Ako Earls nephew

Ankeny, IA

#20 Aug 8, 2010
You are the idiot,I never made him into a saint,you say that to sound fancy,YOU ARE DELUSIONAL.I am simply defending my mothers brother.God is in every man weather good or bad if you know who God is (you don't) even your wicked person. I am talking about you being wicked and so arrogant that you declare yourself a saint but you speak like a demon. My only point is this Earl had a father,mother,uncles,aunts, brothers, sisters,sons, daughters grandchildren and great grand children just like you may have he was human,just like you pose to be even with your inhumane words.NO ONE IS PERFECT,I use the bible to curse you,I pray for you to die and be judged by Earls judge. I don't even deal with religion as it is a way to divide and blind to reality,but I am strong in spirit, and I can tell that you are a very wicked person who there is no salvation for nor is there any redeeming, you are lost to speak of peoples loved one who is passed on with such words,so you incur a grievous penalty upon yourself even with out my curse helping you be cursed. And why are you trying to convince me that you were not here in Iowa...you sound guilty...even with all the celebration of his death, maybe the FEDS will be paying you a visit as I have some IT friends that can get a lot of info from your IP. You really sound like an interesting person to look at into his death you seem to point the finger well, and enjoy the fact that he not only is dead but the way he died. we can go on all year long with this but I agree we disagree I am a bigger man than you ,for I would never speak such things about any ones loved ones who has pass away. NO MAN HAS REACHED PERFECTION YOU ARE HUMAN TOO AND OBVIOUSLY NOT A PERFECT ONE AND FAR FROM IT...YOU WILL HAVE TO SIT IN THE SEAT OF JUDGMENT WHEN YOU DIE, BECAUSE YOU WILL DIE! NO MAN WILL ESCAPE THAT INCLUDING YOU! EARL has already been judged and you will follow and be judged by the same judge!
Leo

Berlin, MD

#21 Aug 8, 2010
Ako Earls nephew wrote:
You are the idiot,I never made him into a saint,you say that to sound fancy,YOU ARE DELUSIONAL.I am simply defending my mothers brother.God is in every man weather good or bad if you know who God is (you don't) even your wicked person. I am talking about you being wicked and so arrogant that you declare yourself a saint but you speak like a demon. My only point is this Earl had a father,mother,uncles,aunts, brothers, sisters,sons, daughters grandchildren and great grand children just like you may have he was human,just like you pose to be even with your inhumane words.NO ONE IS PERFECT,I use the bible to curse you,I pray for you to die and be judged by Earls judge. I don't even deal with religion as it is a way to divide and blind to reality,but I am strong in spirit, and I can tell that you are a very wicked person who there is no salvation for nor is there any redeeming, you are lost to speak of peoples loved one who is passed on with such words,so you incur a grievous penalty upon yourself even with out my curse helping you be cursed. And why are you trying to convince me that you were not here in Iowa...you sound guilty...even with all the celebration of his death, maybe the FEDS will be paying you a visit as I have some IT friends that can get a lot of info from your IP. You really sound like an interesting person to look at into his death you seem to point the finger well, and enjoy the fact that he not only is dead but the way he died. we can go on all year long with this but I agree we disagree I am a bigger man than you ,for I would never speak such things about any ones loved ones who has pass away. NO MAN HAS REACHED PERFECTION YOU ARE HUMAN TOO AND OBVIOUSLY NOT A PERFECT ONE AND FAR FROM IT...YOU WILL HAVE TO SIT IN THE SEAT OF JUDGMENT WHEN YOU DIE, BECAUSE YOU WILL DIE! NO MAN WILL ESCAPE THAT INCLUDING YOU! EARL has already been judged and you will follow and be judged by the same judge!
You use the Bible to curse me. That must be one h ell of a Bible you have. You pray for my death, which must be a big hit with God. As far as how he died, there is a poetic justice. I doubt the Feds could care less about the death of a local pimp. If they were concerned, I am sure they would start with your family. I have no more remorse for Little Earl than I had when I learned Jeffrey Dahmner had been killed in prison. When vermin die, it is a good thing. I hope you have learned from his death that if you are evil you increase the likely outcome, death. You do have a strong spirit, an evil one as demonstrated by your ranting. I have no doubt I will die but not because of your twisted demands of God. Your hate will consume you not me. I would bet there are more people who celebrate his death the mourn it. People are remembered by the life they live and that makes Earl a loser.
Ako Earls nephew

Ankeny, IA

#22 Aug 8, 2010
You clearly dont know your bible because there are blessings and curses in there for your use. Earl accomplished all the businesses he had through out the years with just an 8th grade education, something you still fail to measure up to. Don't be so jealous, you just have to continue being the slave you are to the clock you punch, but you will never be the man Earl was even as low as you think of him you still dont measure up...Yea I just figured it out...Earl was pimping your mom that's what it is...are you a trick baby? You sound like you are the one with a flaming hate issue with Earl...I have no hate,I don't even hate you I just think you are ignorant,arrogant and I think you need to be checked,and life will humble you...You don't know me nor my uncle so you have no right or authority to judge any one but your self. I don't care if you are the most righteous person on the planet...death is the out come, and the same is for the wicked, if you live long or not ALL WHO LIVE WILL DIE. But only a wicked person like you would relish in the death of another but the righteous reserve the judging for the lord. So celebrate all you like, your days have a number on them too! PEACE!
Leo

Berlin, MD

#23 Aug 8, 2010
Ako Earls nephew wrote:
You clearly dont know your bible because there are blessings and curses in there for your use. Earl accomplished all the businesses he had through out the years with just an 8th grade education, something you still fail to measure up to. Don't be so jealous, you just have to continue being the slave you are to the clock you punch, but you will never be the man Earl was even as low as you think of him you still dont measure up...Yea I just figured it out...Earl was pimping your mom that's what it is...are you a trick baby? You sound like you are the one with a flaming hate issue with Earl...I have no hate,I don't even hate you I just think you are ignorant,arrogant and I think you need to be checked,and life will humble you...You don't know me nor my uncle so you have no right or authority to judge any one but your self. I don't care if you are the most righteous person on the planet...death is the out come, and the same is for the wicked, if you live long or not ALL WHO LIVE WILL DIE. But only a wicked person like you would relish in the death of another but the righteous reserve the judging for the lord. So celebrate all you like, your days have a number on them too! PEACE!
I have not punched a time clock since I was in college in the 70's. Your arguements consist of vile, superstious and perverted assumptions. In your defense you are related to Earl. Reading your ranting reminds of of Cybil. You must suffer from multiple personality disorder or you are just dumb as dirt and do not read what you write. I will leave you to your misery and confusion.
Mindy

Georgetown, DE

#24 Aug 8, 2010
Susan L wrote:
I dated Big Earl for over a year, and then decided I wanted to have a black baby. He promised he would adhere to that, if I would not ever try him in court for child support.
I am very happy to have my only son, Bradley who is now 21 years old, and fathered by Earl. He is a very smart young man, and I hope he will have the same respect for people, and become wealthy like his father.
Is he hung like his dad.

As mixed up as you are, you are certainly fornicating with him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Des Moines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Paul Janensch: Megyn Kelly takes a gamble movin... 17 hr Selling Damaged G... 1
Review: Starch Pet Hospital - Michael Henning DVM (Dec '09) Jan 16 CoolBeans 11
Alyx Sacks Damages Her Journalism Credibility W... Jan 13 Exposing media bias 26
the real truth about the jews Jan 12 jews news 2
Baker Electric Jeff Burns Jan 9 never let you for... 15
glowing grave in Glendale cemetery (Aug '14) Jan 4 musserk 4
News Celebrities wish Clinton 'Happy Birthday' (Oct '15) Dec 31 JEAN CLAUDE MANDAM 13

Des Moines Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Des Moines Mortgages