Plan to blow up Muscatine school averted, police say

Full story: Des Moines Register

Muscatine, Ia. - A teenager was arrested Wednesday after police found explosives in his home that they believe were meant to blow up Muscatine High School.
Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Aug 16, 2012
Ann

Muscatine, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2006

Okay you guys are so wrong and out of proportion...first off...his name is Joseph...and he was never going to blow up stupid MHS...he didnt give out a specific school and I bet you there are so many people out there who'd like to blow up that school and have prolly said it...why arnet you getting them?...he did not have any explosives at his house..I would know I live there and all he had and used to make bombs were..the works, aluminum foil, and a pop bottle...everyone has that in their home...I wanna see them get arrested...and his friend Steven he better get in trouble for all this because he was right along with him...STEVEN is what got my brother into all that and as far as the tattoos go...who cares...I dont even know why you brought that up...and he is not gothic you have no right to judge him when you dont obviously know what gothic is
Ann

Muscatine, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2006

I just think you should get your facts straight before you go saying things about people, there are two sides of a story. Im not saying I know people who want to blow up the school (that was a bad choice of words), I was just saying it as a figure of speech (as in kids not liking school)
MIke

Riverside, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2006

Ok, first of all, to dispel any thought of this, I am not automatically taking anyones side here. I am a citizen, and a concerned citizen here. I cannot condone any form of violence on a public school, or any school for that matter, although I'm not conceeding his guilt. I can however, commend the Muscatine Police Department for acting quickly and decisively to prevent what they saw as a potential threat to many lives, weather they got the right person or not. Second, since your last post, there has been mountains of evidence stacking up against him, electronic evidence that cannot be easily forged without tracing it back to the forger. However, I am not a Jury, and I am not a Judge, nor am I an attorney. I went through something simmilar before I moved here to California, my best friend killed himself, and his lyfestyle was blamed. I do not subscribe to this theory, and to this day I will argue with you until I am blue in the face. Blaming someones lifestyle, music choice, social netowrk is nothing but a copout for the ones who can't point the finger at themselves. but I do feel that with the amount of evidence stacking up against him, Things do not bode well. Especially logged records from Yahoo indicating web site searches, propaganda websites, things that someone who is as innocent as you proclaim, has no business searching for. Top it off, logged messanger conversations from his whistleblower. Once, again, I am not an attorney, judge nor Jury, and I do not judge anyone I do not know, nor do I wish to. I just see both sides. I do blame society as a whole for allowing children to be raised in such a manner that they feel they cannot come to their parents and ask for help to work out issues.

Best of luck to you, and feel free to respond and start a conversation, but I will not be drawn into a verbal argument, name calling, etc.. debate, as this was not my intention
Cedar Lader

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Ann was the bomber!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Des Moines Discussions

Search the Des Moines Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Follow 8 hr guacomolotimez 1
Inside The Iowa State Penitentiary (May '10) Mon barb nickson 18
Rick Perry takes on President Obama in border s... Aug 16 Tea Party Supporter 3
Review: Wild Orchid (Jan '10) Aug 15 Burned 14
amusement parks near des moines? Aug 14 granny 1
IA Who do you support for Governor in Iowa in 2010? (Oct '10) Aug 11 Go Blue Forever 63
Your 2 Cents' Worth Submit brief anonymous comm... (Jul '09) Aug 8 Rick 145
•••
•••
•••
•••

Des Moines Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Des Moines People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE