Iowa Board Recommends State OK Medical Marijuana

There are 16 comments on the Feb 17, 2010, WHOtv story titled Iowa Board Recommends State OK Medical Marijuana. In it, WHOtv reports that:

The Iowa Board of Pharmacy is unanimously recommending that the Legislature legalize marijuana for medical uses.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHOtv.

Tyler

Colfax, IA

#1 Feb 17, 2010
I think its a good idea i have smoked it before and it helps with my headaches.
Hansy20

Arnolds Park, IA

#2 Feb 17, 2010
Finally. This is a major step forward. It could potentially save hundreds if not thousands of lives. I have not been this proud of Iowa since they voted to legalize same sex marriage.
ITS IOWA

Popejoy, IA

#3 Feb 17, 2010
There are gonna be alot of people using this system if they do make this Legal I know few people now who will abuse this
RevRayGreen

Des Moines, IA

#4 Feb 17, 2010
thanks to all for your support, we did it.
goin to get high LOL

Baxter, IA

#5 Feb 17, 2010
Yea buddy I'll be the first guy in line for my big green bud. Can't wait! I'm goin to hit the bong like its 1999!I have a ingrown toenail.
BuffaloBill

West Des Moines, IA

#6 Feb 17, 2010
no RevRay, thank you!:)
for freedom

Mount Auburn, IA

#7 Feb 17, 2010
i think this is a hugh step forward. the last thing patients that can use this needs is someone that brags that they will be the first in line. this is a very touchy subject, that needs respect on both sides. i believe if we are to eager, and we post really dumb things, than this will not happen.
Do what helps YOU

Marion, IA

#8 Feb 17, 2010
ITS IOWA wrote:
There are gonna be alot of people using this system if they do make this Legal I know few people now who will abuse this
Sounds a little judgemental to me. What do you care, sounds like it is no business of yours to comment in the first place.
frank flatman

Davenport, IA

#9 Feb 17, 2010
Gen 1:29 every green herb is given for man to use as meat.
God called it medicine, It is medicine, The first amendment states congress shall not establish a religion nor prohibit worship. God said it, I believe it, that settles it. Congress is prohibited from telling me I have no right to believe God, and that is what they did when they banned the growth of an herb given to man by God, to use as medicine.
We who defend democracy throughout the world, punish law abiding citizens over a medicine, and break the first amendment to do it, what kind of hipocrite is the congress? Is this the example of democracy we want to show the world? In the process we lose tax dollars on a 200 billion a year industry and for frosting we spend 14 billion a year prosecuting and incarcerating marijuana users. That is a great way to balance our economy. The number of industrial uses for this plant could significantly reduce our import defecit, replenish the atmosphere by reducing the number of trees we harvest, provide synthetic oil from its seed, and give us a more durable fabric than cotton and all with two passes over the fields by our farmers, saving them cost and increasing their taxable income. Please note the way to go is the right to grow for all Americans, We bring this most valuable product to the open market, and remove the profits from the criminals, which will end the war on drugs and spend that money wisely educating our children providing jobs for our people and saving our environment.
scarlet 156

Millsboro, DE

#10 Feb 17, 2010
I'm glad to see that the nation is waking up and starting to realize the benefits of this amazing plant! Let's get our friends and family off liver damaging and highly addictive meds such as xanax and consider the possibility that there is an all natural way to self medicate. I am a tax paying citizen and responsable adult. I have a wonderful career and have worked in the same place for a decade now. I am a respected member of society and my peers. However I am judged for partaking of a lovely little herb that calms me down and makes me less paranoid and irratable and helps me sleep soundly at night. I love people that partake as well. Most friends my age also partake and have productive lives. I am not a criminal, just someone that wants to go about her business and is a bit of a hippy chick, earth mother, wife, boss, coworker, friend, and role model. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
NORML supporter

United States

#11 Feb 17, 2010
scarlet 156 wrote:
I'm glad to see that the nation is waking up and starting to realize the benefits of this amazing plant! Let's get our friends and family off liver damaging and highly addictive meds such as xanax and consider the possibility that there is an all natural way to self medicate. I am a tax paying citizen and responsable adult. I have a wonderful career and have worked in the same place for a decade now. I am a respected member of society and my peers. However I am judged for partaking of a lovely little herb that calms me down and makes me less paranoid and irratable and helps me sleep soundly at night. I love people that partake as well. Most friends my age also partake and have productive lives. I am not a criminal, just someone that wants to go about her business and is a bit of a hippy chick, earth mother, wife, boss, coworker, friend, and role model. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
AMEN!
The skeeze MaGeeze

Des Moines, IA

#12 Feb 17, 2010
FO SHIZZLE I AM HI RITE NoW
Ronnie mccauley

San Angelo, TX

#13 Feb 17, 2010
medical marijuana should have been legal a long time ago it is medicine. i known it helps me every day some times i will not even eat until i smoke then about 30-45 Min's i eat real good and fell better and it takes a lot of pain away. (do it for the people)
council bluffs

Omaha, NE

#14 Feb 24, 2010
well done! U:
Shelley

United States

#15 Mar 18, 2012
I think the medical majauria should come to Iowa.im living with chronic pain and I'm tired of taking pills .i want to get off the pills cause I'm worried about my liver.
Larry B

Brownwood, TX

#16 Apr 8, 2012
Ronnie mccauley wrote:
medical marijuana should have been legal a long time ago it is medicine. i known it helps me every day some times i will not even eat until i smoke then about 30-45 Min's i eat real good and fell better and it takes a lot of pain away.(do it for the people)
Ronnie you are a low life. You work in the Oilfield and smoke every day. You are just a screw up waiting to happen. Grow up!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Des Moines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clinton's Granddaughter Playing Significant Par... Apr 23 El Gato 2
Is Wink’s Image Tarnished By Sheryl J. Moore’s ... Apr 22 MNLU 1
Scott Desjarlais fourth district Tennessee Cong... Apr 22 Kristina Vogel 8
Has Sheryl J. Moore’s Collusion With Midland Na... Apr 17 MNLU 1
Angie Vanwyngarden (Feb '14) Apr 17 kupjake 16
News Hillary Clinton misrepresents family history Apr 16 Rain Man 3
Poll DSM Rag Register is biased towards liberalism (Aug '12) Apr 16 Resident of Iowa 43
More from around the web

Des Moines People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]