DRUG BUST: Des Moines police seize 300 pounds of marijuana

Full story: WHOtv

Des Moines police arrested two people and confiscated close to a million dollars of marijuana.

Comments (Page 5)

Showing posts 81 - 85 of85
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
superskeptic

Mount Pleasant, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2010

Judged:

Drugs are bad, hmm-kay? "God is perfect, man is not. Man made booze, God made pot." Who do you trust? Has anyone posting here actually done any research on marijuana? My guess would be "no". Tobacco and alcohol are the numbers 1 & 2 leading cause of un-natural deaths in this country. Over 500,000 deaths per year directly related to tobacco usage. Over 70,000 fatalities each year due to drunk drivers. That doesn't figure in the number of people diagnosed with psirosis of the liver or pancreatitis or any number of other alcohol related health problems. Marijuana has NEVER been the direct cause of ONE SINGLE DEATH! Not one. Ever. In fact, the exact opposite is true. Marijuana has been shown to improve the quality of life for people with a wide variety of diagnoses. Not to mention the other benefits of the hemp plant. Hemp has more uses than the soy bean! It is truely a wonder-plant. Stronger fabricks, better paper, easier farming due to less herbicides and pesticides, less erosion due to superior root systems, etcetera, etcetera, blah, blah, BLAH!!! Try to learn about a thing before you demonize it.
Get Your Facts Right

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2010

How can pot be banned when alcohol and tobacco are perfectly legal? I can ask this a million times but never get a straight answer, they're just complete and utter bullshit.
Gateway Theory: Marijuana leads to hard drugs.
-The word "gateway" drug is so empty in meaning that its useless as anything but propaganda. Correlation does not equal causation. Its the most widely available illegal drug. I wonder how many of those meth addicts had drank alcohol, smoked tobacco, or tried prescription meds.
Societal Theory: Alcohol and Tobacco are accepted parts of our society making them fundamentally different from marijuana.
-Precedent is no excuse for bad policy, slavery and child-labor were once accepted parts of our society, along with opium-laced baby medicines.
Enough problems already theory: Alcohol and Tobacco are bad enough, so why add to the problems?
-Marijuana is by far the least harmful of the three.The main difference between marijuana and alcohol other than alcohol being more fatal to your health is the legal status. It's not the mind effecting part that cause marijuana and alcohol to differ, because they both effect the mind. And most marijuana related problems stem from the prohibition against it, not its use.
If you disapprove of marijuana because of the mind-altering effects... Marijuana, alcohol, and tobacco all mess with the brain! Why do you think smokers smoke? A. because it gives them a high introducing nicotine and other chemicals to the brain, and B, the chemicals from the nicotine and smoke cause a chemical reaction in the brain, and the brain produces serotonin and other happy chemicals. Oh, and C, the mechanism of addiction, causing your brain to be dependent on the nicotine.

“JC POOLPOOL”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2010

that woul sell in an hour here in california, giving a cop his paycheck~
allen

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2011

Its more like guilty until prove innocent
Lukkk3333

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2012

Shut up lady weed is good for u why dont u go pop some more pills n shut the fuxk up

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 85 of85
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Des Moines Discussions

Search the Des Moines Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Why is Iowa so liberal? (Nov '12) 12 hr William 21
Man charged in fatal home invasion Jul 5 Go Blue Forever 1
Your 2 Cents' Worth Submit brief anonymous comm... (Jul '09) Jul 5 Go Blue Forever 139
Restaurant Delivery in Des Moines/Metro Jun 28 Anonymous 1
all I ask for is help Jun 27 all I ask for is help 1
Review: Patterson Electric Company Llc. Jun 20 Dianne Johnson 1
Review: Wild Orchid (Jan '10) Jun 20 Jennifer 13
•••
•••
•••
•••

Des Moines Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••