DRUG BUST: Des Moines police seize 30...

DRUG BUST: Des Moines police seize 300 pounds of marijuana

There are 85 comments on the WHOtv story from Mar 12, 2010, titled DRUG BUST: Des Moines police seize 300 pounds of marijuana. In it, WHOtv reports that:

Des Moines police arrested two people and confiscated close to a million dollars of marijuana.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHOtv.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
What a joke

Kellogg, IA

#1 Mar 13, 2010
What about all the homes that have bars in them or have a ice box full of beer and have kids. What about the homes with presription drugs "pain meds" in them. The kids were never in any danger. The only danger they were in was when the nazi storm troopers kicked in the door and raided a home because the people there smoke instead of drink. Alcohol is the true gateway drug. I was givin sips of beer from my grandpa when i was just learning to walk. These people are just victims of a redneck rightwing code of justice.A double standard.As for the law makers and law enforcement this does nothing to stop the flow of marijuana into our streets and the hands of the good people who smoke it.Infact I'm going to smoke some right now ,have a great day.
bob

Oskaloosa, IA

#2 Mar 13, 2010
marijuana is illegal, joker
Who

Kellogg, IA

#3 Mar 13, 2010
bob wrote:
marijuana is illegal, joker
Its always the redneck rightwing idiot that just does not get it.
mother of three

Des Moines, IA

#4 Mar 13, 2010
Marijuana IS illegal, stupid!! Prescription drugs and alcohol are controlled substances and it is the responsibility of the parents to make sure kids don't get into it. How often do you hear of kids getting into their parents drugs or alcohol and dying? and how often do you hear of kids and innocent victims in places like Colombia dying because their country is fighting a major war on drugs??? EVERYDAY!! the problem starts here in america. We reduce the demand, and the supply will follow. Getting scum off the streets like these people will help greatly...every little bit counts. So while you smoke your "j" or puff on your pipe, think about the people in foreign countries who are just trying to survive, but whose family members are being murdered because they refused to grow drug crops or help drug cartels bring you your "little slice of happiness." Why don't you grow up and face your problems like an adult. I hope these idiots are also slapped with child endangerment charges!!
Geoff

Spirit Lake, IA

#5 Mar 13, 2010
mother of three wrote:
Marijuana IS illegal, stupid!! Prescription drugs and alcohol are controlled substances and it is the responsibility of the parents to make sure kids don't get into it. How often do you hear of kids getting into their parents drugs or alcohol and dying? and how often do you hear of kids and innocent victims in places like Colombia dying because their country is fighting a major war on drugs??? EVERYDAY!! the problem starts here in america. We reduce the demand, and the supply will follow. Getting scum off the streets like these people will help greatly...every little bit counts. So while you smoke your "j" or puff on your pipe, think about the people in foreign countries who are just trying to survive, but whose family members are being murdered because they refused to grow drug crops or help drug cartels bring you your "little slice of happiness." Why don't you grow up and face your problems like an adult. I hope these idiots are also slapped with child endangerment charges!!
Obviously you have no idea what you are talking about. I've seen plenty of kids getting into their parents medicine cabinet and overdosing. For one I would rather have my children lighting up a "j" than drink or take so-called "controlled" substances. You need to open your mind up a little bit here. Oh and besides, the main supply of Cannabis comes from Mexico, not Columbia. You are thinking Cocaine, Have a nice day.
father of none

Waterloo, IA

#6 Mar 13, 2010
Yes... to all people who are intelligent,pot is illegal... as expressesd by two on here before.It is illegal by a govenment, who cant balance a budget,feels a need to get rid of teachers and takes rights from you everyday. Dont trust what the govenment says. Pot is about thee only drug which you cant overdose on or become an addict too,and alot less harmful than alcohol.
Geoff

Spirit Lake, IA

#7 Mar 13, 2010
father of none wrote:
Yes... to all people who are intelligent,pot is illegal... as expressesd by two on here before.It is illegal by a govenment, who cant balance a budget,feels a need to get rid of teachers and takes rights from you everyday. Dont trust what the govenment says. Pot is about thee only drug which you cant overdose on or become an addict too,and alot less harmful than alcohol.
Except for the fact that it is doctors saying that it is less harmful, and not the government. It was the government that was saying it was frying peoples brains and making people hugely addicted. Get the facts straight.
Mother of Invention

Green Bay, WI

#8 Mar 13, 2010
You do realize, mother of three, that prohibition is forcing this "war on drugs" right?

And Columbia doesn't produce Marijuana.
bob

Oskaloosa, IA

#9 Mar 13, 2010
it stopped three hundred pounds from getting to you "good" people..........and you can expand your mind alot when there are less brain cells to get in the way
mike

Rahway, NJ

#10 Mar 13, 2010
thanks to marijuana being illegal I didnt have to work a single day throughout high school, I just sold it.

I honestly give thanks to the war on drugs in this aspect, if it were legal, I couldn't get it/sell it.

I'm still not 21, keep this demon weed illegal so I can get my hands on it guys, my drug dealer doesn't ID, unlike the state and alcohol.
bob

Oskaloosa, IA

#11 Mar 13, 2010
i think plenty of people are "addicted" to it, if not medically defined as that, but mentally addicted and you could describe driving off of a cliff while stond out fo your mind as "overdosing"
bob

Oskaloosa, IA

#12 Mar 13, 2010
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Its always the redneck rightwing idiot that just does not get it.
no i dont get it i dont have to get stoned to enjoy life, i dont because its illegal, its bad for your health, and i could lose my job if i fail a UA , so if i'm a redneck rightwing idiot then thats alright with me, i'm not i jail for possesing 300 pounds of weed at home with my kids
mike

Rahway, NJ

#13 Mar 13, 2010
then don't get stoned you fool.

I don't smoke weed yet you realize our last 3 presidents have smoked this plant, look how it ruined their lives!!! hahaha you're arguments are jokes.

Prohibition gets drugs to children because there is no regulation, i'm with these guys though, i'm 19 years old, I sure as hell don't want weed legal, beer is the hardest drug for me to obtain.

when I turn 21, I'll be singing a different tune
Geoff

Spirit Lake, IA

#14 Mar 13, 2010
The point is, is that people should be able to smoke if they want to, the government should not limit what people can do to their health.
mike

Rahway, NJ

#15 Mar 13, 2010
it's ridiculous that I can go rape someone and be out of jail before someone dealing with drugs.

I don't care if it's one plant, or 100,000 plants, we should be free to ingest dog poop and sell it for ingestion if we want.

I believe that our punishments for many crimes are too lenient. When I see a news report about "Man on heroin kills someone while driving"

What does heroin have to do with it? He did a substance that inebriated him and he killed somebody, his crime is murder, he should be screwed for life.
father of none

Waterloo, IA

#16 Mar 13, 2010
Geoff wrote:
The point is, is that people should be able to smoke if they want to, the government should not limit what people can do to their health.
I'm pro pot Geoff and I said nothing about the doctors,so I believe my facts are straight!The government lies to us on a daily basis...thats why I said don't "TRUST WHAT THE GOVERNMENT SAYS".Sorry Geoff,I should of wrote it out clearer.
father of none

Waterloo, IA

#17 Mar 13, 2010
bob wrote:
<quoted text>
no i dont get it i dont have to get stoned to enjoy life, i dont because its illegal, its bad for your health, and i could lose my job if i fail a UA , so if i'm a redneck rightwing idiot then thats alright with me, i'm not i jail for possesing 300 pounds of weed at home with my kids
First of all it shouldnt be illegal and you wouldnt lose your job if it was legal and its better on your health than alcohol with no hangovers.Plus lets not forget the medical benifits of it too.
This is sad

Kellogg, IA

#18 Mar 13, 2010
This is really sad. No matter how much sence it makes to legalize marijuana there are always going to be those who are out of touch and think its evil or something. Its now time folks that we take a stand against these buffoons and quit having them tell us how to live our lives in our own homes. They cannot even run their own lives without being told what to do or how to live and we let them do it to us. I've had enough of these freaks stealing and lieing but putting themselfs above others with their lame little laws. I've smoked now for 30 years and am in a leadership role where I work and do a very good job I must say. Well got to go for now, my bong awaits:)
jimbo

Fort Dodge, IA

#19 Mar 13, 2010
tax it. regulate it. if we cant do that heres an idea. the government should just buy all the dope from the cartels. then they could burn it or do "whatever" it is they do with it. it would be a lot cheaper than continuing to kick the dead horse!
the shit is everywhere. its easier for kids to get crystal meth than it is to get alcohol! this bust is not unique. its just givin some other guy incentive to bring in his truckload of dope to meet the demand. GET A FRICKN CLUE!!!!!!!!!! p.s. and not from a snitch.
have a nice day!
talaorenda

Berlin, MD

#20 Mar 13, 2010
I would imagine those fine folks all dressed up in battle gear felt they really made a positive effect on our dear city. They should have filled some sand bags, that would have made a difference!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Des Moines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Paul Janensch: Megyn Kelly takes a gamble movin... 10 hr Selling Damaged G... 1
Review: Starch Pet Hospital - Michael Henning DVM (Dec '09) Jan 16 CoolBeans 11
Alyx Sacks Damages Her Journalism Credibility W... Jan 13 Exposing media bias 26
the real truth about the jews Jan 12 jews news 2
Baker Electric Jeff Burns Jan 9 never let you for... 15
glowing grave in Glendale cemetery (Aug '14) Jan 4 musserk 4
News Celebrities wish Clinton 'Happy Birthday' (Oct '15) Dec 31 JEAN CLAUDE MANDAM 13

Des Moines Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Des Moines Mortgages