Natchitoches Parish Fatal Crash

Natchitoches Parish Fatal Crash

There are 34 comments on the Louisiana State Police story from Nov 8, 2009, titled Natchitoches Parish Fatal Crash. In it, Louisiana State Police reports that:

Last night, a crash involving two vehicles killed one person and injured five others.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Louisiana State Police.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
yeah right

Natchitoches, LA

#21 Dec 1, 2009
BoSox333 wrote:
<quoted text>
Joey went to jail for making a terrible decision, and I am sure it was not always as pleasant and easy for him as we all assume. I am not saying that makes it ok by any means but anyone who has seen Joey in the past couple of years can attest to the fact that he has a lot of pain and remorse behind those eyes... Joey is a good person and he is the one who has to live the rest of his life with what happened weighing on his heart. He will spend the rest of his life paying his "dues" so to speak. I have always been tought that God forgives for all sins no matter how terrible... maybe we should all do the same.
i can see how that could be for 1 accident and killing. but then there comes a point when you pour the drink down your throat then get into the vehicle.

after the second time it is not an accident.
His daughter_

Orlando, FL

#22 Jul 22, 2015
Actually, he's the best dad in the world. Imagine waking up every morning knowing people blame you for the death of YOURE child.. But he doesn't let that get in the way of pushing forward in life.. He's the best dad a little girl could ever have.
oneNtheMiddle

Natchitoches, LA

#23 Jul 23, 2015
iv seen both of them laugh about the wrecks they where in so for you to put the squyres family in with them killers shows how stupid you are

United States

#24 Jul 23, 2015
oneNtheMiddle wrote:
iv seen both of them laugh about the wrecks they where in so for you to put the squyres family in with them killers shows how stupid you are
OMG! How much of this thread is true? I am new here and don't know the background. Did TWO separate people drink and drive and kill others TWICE in this town and both are still driving?!
Listen

United States

#25 Jul 23, 2015
newbie wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG! How much of this thread is true? I am new here and don't know the background. Did TWO separate people drink and drive and kill others TWICE in this town and both are still driving?!
Oh, sweetie you'll find out way more than that about this little town! Hmmm drunk driving after killing a couple people, isn't even a good hot sip of tea down here. Just wait you'll find out quickly! Lol!
Still Loving John

Houston, TX

#26 Nov 24, 2015
Joey Cedars should have spent the rest of his life behind bars. John Ruben's life was taken from him because of this idiot choosing to drive while intoxicated. My feelings on this matter are personal because I was a passenger in the car along with John Ruben and I was severely injured and still suffer today from injuries sustained in this wreck. John Ruben was a WONDERFUL man and did not deserve to have his life taken from him in such a horrific manner. Out of all the pain that I have endured, watching John Ruben take his last breath was and still is a pain that cannot be described. Joseph may be free physically, but I hope that he will forever be mentally imprisoned for MURDERING. John Lewis Ruben Jr!!!!!
Still Loving John

Houston, TX

#27 Nov 24, 2015
newbie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Joey Cedars killed not one, but TWO individuals in seperate wrecks because he CHOSE to drink and then get behind the wheel of an automobile.
COURTHOUSE WATCHER

Plano, TX

#28 Nov 24, 2015
Made tons of cash washing cars for Llamarr, ate out at restaurants daily and only spent 5 years locked up. Hell he even had full keys to the courthouse. Dated a girl and fathered a child all while "locked" up. He should still be in Angola for life.
Still Loving John

Houston, TX

#29 Nov 24, 2015
COURTHOUSE WATCHER wrote:
Made tons of cash washing cars for Llamarr, ate out at restaurants daily and only spent 5 years locked up. Hell he even had full keys to the courthouse. Dated a girl and fathered a child all while "locked" up. He should still be in Angola for life.
Oh how I wish that he would be in Angola for life!!!!
Still Loving John

Houston, TX

#30 Nov 27, 2015
everthing wrote:
<quoted text>
hepaid his dues? BS, how about the two in the ground? Washing cars at the court house is not paying your dues.
Amen to that!! Joey Cedars MURDERED two individuals and should still be in prison. John Ruben's life was taken away from him at the age of 25 by an IDIOT who chose to drink and drive.
Still Loving John

Houston, TX

#31 Nov 27, 2015
OutofTowner wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope he/she never gives it a rest. It's got nothing to do with hate - it has everything to do with respecting the right to be protected from those who make the decision to endanger others. I've yet to hear of a case where someone had alcohol poured down their throat and had their hands tied to a steering wheel with a brick on the gas pedal. I don't care if someone sits at home and drinks themself into a coma. But the minute they get behind the wheel, it becomes our problem and we have a responsibility to not only condemn and punish but to make sure that we take every opportunity to reinforce that it won't be tolerated. "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)
Amen Mr. Burke. Fourteen years later and I am still suffering, thanks to Joey Cedars
ForeverHisLady

Houston, TX

#32 Jun 15, 2017
His daughter_ wrote:
Actually, he's the best dad in the world. Imagine waking up every morning knowing people blame you for the death of YOURE child.. But he doesn't let that get in the way of pushing forward in life.. He's the best dad a little girl could ever have.
Your dad is a MURDERER. Imagine John Ruben's mother waking up every morning mourning the DEATH of her ONLY son!!!
GirlfromSweetTea KMF

Lake Charles, LA

#33 Jun 16, 2017
They are both recovered and I know have done their time and been through enough ...Jason especially...Do not make others suffer because when God says our time is up our time is up.Those who died are now in the most wonderful, happy, worry and gossip-free place...Heaven so if we want to go there one day....do we really want to answer for talking about others? Prayers to hear God and know he wants you to quit wasting your time talking about people and worrying...Put it all in God's hands and you will be blessed!
GirlfromSweetTea KMF

Lake Charles, LA

#34 Jun 16, 2017
But i am sorry for your losses..and agree that once a person has a second dwI they should not be able to drive or own a vehicle period...But we all make mistakes and the mistakes they made haunt their guilty hearts more than they show trust me...I have seen them both cry talking about it 10 years after...It is a very sad tragedy and you people can stop this from happening by getting out and voting the right people in not the same people who do not care as long as they are living happy on top of the hill...The one thing for sure you do have there is a excellent Sherrif Victor Jones is a strong caring down to earth person who can work for the people and keep the politics at bay...trust me we have horrible crime and the bad guys here do not get in trouble they pay their way out so nothing changes and it will not...Your Sheriff takes out anyone they hear about quick...that is a blessing considering the towns drug problem!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

DeRidder Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Rosepine police chief pleads guilty to b... (Sep '15) Oct 20 clue 16
Jailbusters Oct 19 🤔 1
DeRidder Cheat Beat (Sep '11) Jan '17 Got facts 6
Snapchat ;) (Dec '16) Dec '16 Caramatic 1
ISO rental (Nov '16) Nov '16 house_hunting 1
4th Congressional District (Oct '16) Oct '16 BaptistBob 1
anyone know George Lee Glass Jr the pastor (Jan '13) Aug '16 MickShade 12

DeRidder Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

DeRidder Mortgages