Natchitoches Parish Fatal Crash

Nov 8, 2009 Full story: Louisiana State Police 21

Last night, a crash involving two vehicles killed one person and injured five others.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Apr 09

Washington, NC

#1 Nov 9, 2009
DWI fourth offense.

Haven't we learned that suspending a license is no impediment? Jail time might have prevented this one. Or impoundment/confiscation of his vehicle.

And who crawls into a car with somebody like this?

Unfreakingbelievable!
Leader

Robeline, LA

#2 Nov 9, 2009
I couldnt agree more. Jason Moran and Joey Cedars both have killed two people each and I met both of them driving on Natchitoches highways in the past week.

Simply AMAZING to me.

“OCCUPY AMERICA”

Since: Aug 08

Abilene, TX

#3 Nov 9, 2009
this town is all about WHO you know.. nuff said
OMG

Natchitoches, LA

#4 Nov 9, 2009
Chinquapin wrote:
DWI fourth offense.
Haven't we learned that suspending a license is no impediment? Jail time might have prevented this one. Or impoundment/confiscation of his vehicle.
And who crawls into a car with somebody like this?
Unfreakingbelievable!
Who was it?
dwi

Campti, LA

#5 Nov 9, 2009
it is about who you know. like the a squyres kids, two dwi's and still no breathing device nor suspended license. dad keeps bailing them out and letting them drive his truck,

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#6 Nov 9, 2009
unnamed

Baton Rouge, LA

#7 Nov 10, 2009
don't blame the guy who died u don't know the facts. So you might need to shut your mouth. The guy who died was a good guy and my friend
wow

Abilene, TX

#8 Nov 10, 2009
this is natchitoches' "great" judicial system at its finest. anyone who kills someone driving should "NEVER" be able to drive ever again or be granted a license. joey cedars and jason moran in particular.
Chuck T

Robeline, LA

#9 Nov 10, 2009
This says it all! Why wasn't this idiot in jail?

Freeney was charged with Vehicular Negligent Injuring (four counts), DWI 4th offense, Reckless Operation, Vehicular Homicide, Open Container, and Operating a Vehicle with a Suspended Driverís License.
u2bc

United States

#10 Nov 10, 2009
Chuck T wrote:
This says it all! Why wasn't this idiot in jail?
Freeney was charged with Vehicular Negligent Injuring (four counts), DWI 4th offense, Reckless Operation, Vehicular Homicide, Open Container, and Operating a Vehicle with a Suspended Driverís License.
First Moran, then Townsend, and now Freeney. I see a pattern here. Just might be time for a new D.A., one who doesn't like to play "Let's Make a Deal".
Monty Hall

Irving, TX

#11 Nov 11, 2009
Ok, do you want to take what's behind door number two and risk going to jail, or would you like to reach into my pocket and deposit a large sum of money, leaving with a clean slate and a license to kill again???
What will it take

United States

#12 Nov 11, 2009
What will it take for the law to stop letting people get away with DWI and all the other stuff. I was at the crash scene and it breaks my heart to think that one was killed and what if that little baby would have been hurt. Whats worse that Freeney guy will most likely get off with no time served. Its just so sad. Let God be with everyone on the roads who will meet all the ones who have gotten by with DWIs and Vehicular Homicide.
former natch resident

Bossier City, LA

#13 Nov 12, 2009
ok enuf about joey cedars. he certainly paid his dues with all the time he spent in jail. now jason moran is a different story, he definately needs to see the inside of the detention center for a very long time.
everthing

Campti, LA

#14 Nov 12, 2009
former natch resident wrote:
ok enuf about joey cedars. he certainly paid his dues with all the time he spent in jail. now jason moran is a different story, he definately needs to see the inside of the detention center for a very long time.
hepaid his dues? BS, how about the two in the ground? Washing cars at the court house is not paying your dues.
everything

United States

#15 Nov 12, 2009
everthing wrote:
<quoted text>
hepaid his dues? BS, how about the two in the ground? Washing cars at the court house is not paying your dues.
Good Lord, give it a rest.You must have alot of hate in your heart?
everythin

Natchitoches, LA

#16 Nov 12, 2009
everything wrote:
<quoted text>Good Lord, give it a rest.You must have alot of hate in your heart?
probably just a yearning for justice
OutofTowner

United States

#17 Nov 13, 2009
everything wrote:
<quoted text>Good Lord, give it a rest.You must have alot of hate in your heart?
I hope he/she never gives it a rest. It's got nothing to do with hate - it has everything to do with respecting the right to be protected from those who make the decision to endanger others. I've yet to hear of a case where someone had alcohol poured down their throat and had their hands tied to a steering wheel with a brick on the gas pedal. I don't care if someone sits at home and drinks themself into a coma. But the minute they get behind the wheel, it becomes our problem and we have a responsibility to not only condemn and punish but to make sure that we take every opportunity to reinforce that it won't be tolerated. "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)
Miss Butterworth

Lexington, MS

#18 Nov 13, 2009
What will it take wrote:
What will it take for the law to stop letting people get away with DWI and all the other stuff. I was at the crash scene and it breaks my heart to think that one was killed and what if that little baby would have been hurt. Whats worse that Freeney guy will most likely get off with no time served. Its just so sad. Let God be with everyone on the roads who will meet all the ones who have gotten by with DWIs and Vehicular Homicide.
I live not too far from there & was on my way home the next day and saw the road & the ditch & the markings & I told my friend in the car that someone had wrecked there...
and sure enough...
what happened? was it a head on ?
BoSox333

Grand Prairie, TX

#19 Nov 27, 2009
everthing wrote:
<quoted text>
Joey went to jail for making a terrible decision, and I am sure it was not always as pleasant and easy for him as we all assume. I am not saying that makes it ok by any means but anyone who has seen Joey in the past couple of years can attest to the fact that he has a lot of pain and remorse behind those eyes... Joey is a good person and he is the one who has to live the rest of his life with what happened weighing on his heart. He will spend the rest of his life paying his "dues" so to speak. I have always been tought that God forgives for all sins no matter how terrible... maybe we should all do the same.
GAO

Baton Rouge, LA

#20 Dec 1, 2009
AMEN I DO AGREE, JOEY IS A GOOD PERSON WHO JUST MADE A TERRIBLE DECISION, WE ALL MAKE THOSE AT SOME POINT IN OUR LIVES. HE IS TRULY REMORSELY LIKE BOSOX333 SAID JUST LOOK INTO TO HIS EYES AND THEY WILL TELL ALL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

DeRidder Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chasity mageo Oct 12 FYI 1
Mayor / Alderman Oct 7 Ray Blanchard 5
Debate: Health Care - DeRidder, LA (Dec '09) Oct 5 Sgt Andrew T Weat... 4
Ronnie Cooley for Sheriff (Mar '14) Sep 24 rattler 2
deridder resident theiving Sep 21 bambi 3
Are the police above the law Sep '14 Rosepine citizen 1
Bo Knoblauch Aug '14 Bluebird 2
DeRidder Dating
Find my Match

DeRidder Jobs