Chief of Police rescinds lawsuit

Chief of Police rescinds lawsuit

There are 55 comments on the Leesville Daily Leader story from Aug 22, 2006, titled Chief of Police rescinds lawsuit. In it, Leesville Daily Leader reports that:

The race for Chief of Police of Rosepine has heated last week as one candidate filed a lawsuit against another.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Leesville Daily Leader.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Oh no

Leesville, LA

#41 Oct 24, 2010
I just read about Parrot running over a woman in front of Pegasus and killing her...so sad.
Iknow

Pride, LA

#42 Oct 31, 2010
You aren't paying pariah taxes. Your opinion does not matter.
Citizen

Baird, TX

#43 Feb 5, 2011
I have not seen anything wrong in Rosepine La. except for what passes for a speed trap. The officers there don' t seem to treat anyone any different whether they are from out of town or not. I have no knowledge of anything in DeRidder La. except for a few mutterings from people. But as for Leesville city police department they will do anything that you tell me has happened to you including making up a lie. This is the least professional police department that I have seen. And the funny thing is that everyone involved in this town seeems to look the other way. But to all you people out there that have recieved tickets unfairly. Technology is catching up to these guys. And the cheaper technology gets the harder it is going to be for them to create crime because it will all be on film. And if you don't believe me understand this in Texas several cities have had to turn off their cameras because their so-called finest have been caught by their own cameras. As for New Llanno the officers there are just woking what could definitely could be considered speed traps. As for Vernon Parish I have not seen anything to suggest they are targeting people, but they are aware of their city of Leesville problem. And the gentlemen in Annacoco is a little over the top in his pursuit of speeders. And a rumor is that the local Hornbeck officer arrested a special agent and refused to even allow him to secure his government vehical for speeding 2 miles over the limit. And yes I do believe that if your driving a vehical with a Texas license plate in these parishes some of these officers that represent the citizens of these local parishes will follow you around regardless of your agenda. But don't worry they are weeding out the stupid ones, but it will take more time for the smarter ones to get caught.
outcast

United States

#44 Feb 5, 2011
The chief in Hornbeck arrested his own son one time for doing a donut coming out of a parking lot.
just_a_name

Leesville, LA

#45 Feb 5, 2011
Well I can assure you that the sheriffs office doesn't write speeding tickets unless you are being completely stupid..... the sheriffs office makes it clear that they are not police officers.... but peace officers. So unless the crime has already been committed then you won't have to worry about them showing up.... they are definitely not proactive!!
lindalouhenson

New Fairfield, CT

#46 Jul 12, 2012
lived in rosepine.never heard a bad thing about the police officers
observer

Leesville, LA

#47 Jul 12, 2012
I have noticed that the sheriff department has been making more traffic stops, but I have not heard any negative comments about how the deputies treat people.
know ya

Leesville, LA

#48 Jul 12, 2012
Parrot Corrupt wrote:
WAS THAT THE RELEASE OF A RESTRAINING ORDER TO ONE OF YOUR BEST FRIENDS, THE LAW ignored and left unprotected .... AN IMMIGRANT WOMEN WANT TO KNOW MORE? Ask first
WHAT ?
concerned

Leesville, LA

#49 Jul 12, 2012
Citizen wrote:
I have not seen anything wrong in Rosepine La. except for what passes for a speed trap. The officers there don' t seem to treat anyone any different whether they are from out of town or not. I have no knowledge of anything in DeRidder La. except for a few mutterings from people. But as for Leesville city police department they will do anything that you tell me has happened to you including making up a lie. This is the least professional police department that I have seen. And the funny thing is that everyone involved in this town seeems to look the other way. But to all you people out there that have recieved tickets unfairly. Technology is catching up to these guys. And the cheaper technology gets the harder it is going to be for them to create crime because it will all be on film. And if you don't believe me understand this in Texas several cities have had to turn off their cameras because their so-called finest have been caught by their own cameras. As for New Llanno the officers there are just woking what could definitely could be considered speed traps. As for Vernon Parish I have not seen anything to suggest they are targeting people, but they are aware of their city of Leesville problem. And the gentlemen in Annacoco is a little over the top in his pursuit of speeders. And a rumor is that the local Hornbeck officer arrested a special agent and refused to even allow him to secure his government vehical for speeding 2 miles over the limit. And yes I do believe that if your driving a vehical with a Texas license plate in these parishes some of these officers that represent the citizens of these local parishes will follow you around regardless of your agenda. But don't worry they are weeding out the stupid ones, but it will take more time for the smarter ones to get caught.
Someone has noticed "the gentleman in anacoco" being a little over the top trying to catch speeders. I am glad I am not the only one. Stupid to me for some who is supposed to be keeping our roadways safe and they drive more reckless than any drunk on our roads. High speeds thru turning lanes passing vehicles in BOTH lanes just to catch a speeder in the middle of a small town with traffic pulling out of of driveways and sideroads. Matter of time before he hits someone. I too have almost been sideswiped by this said "gentleman."He does what he wants when he wants and thats not acceptable. How about conducting a traffic stop in the middle of the road? If it isnt a felony stop or dire emergency wouldnt you, for your safety and the public that you are supposed to be protecting, get the traffic offender to pull off to a safe location? What happened to a common sense approach? Oh those blue lights make an accident not able to happen,right?
ICU

Leesville, LA

#50 Jul 13, 2012
like the leesville p.d. running 100 mph through town responding to calls that dont need to be high priority. ACCIDENT waiting to happen
kim

Temple, TX

#51 Jul 29, 2012
couldn't be any more truth...people in rosepine are the most closed minded I'd ever being around; the sad part is how they pass that ignorance generation after generation. I am so glad I don't live there anymore and was able to give my family a different vision of the beautiful world, people and cultures around us outside of rosepine.
Barb wrote:
Well I lived there and the sad thing is that this is sad. This town of Rospine has some serious issues. The town is run by a few selected people. The rest of the town of Rospine won't stand up and speak the truth about really goes on because they are scared of how they will be treated. Since Mayor Hall their has been issues that most people have no knowledge of how the Town of Rosepine is run, by only a few Last name residences. I think the whole town hall is really corrupted and because it sits there in the middle of DeRidder and Leesville the problems are just over look or may I say just swept under the rug. When the generation Names speak everyone just sats back and takes it. I could never live in that town again. I am really ashamed to say it because I was a very long time residence myself.
queball

Manchester, WA

#52 Aug 2, 2012
ROSEPINE SUCKS. PLAIN AND SIMPLE.
mary sunshine

Mermentau, LA

#53 Aug 2, 2012
just like your uncle freddy.....
queball wrote:
ROSEPINE SUCKS. PLAIN AND SIMPLE.
harrassed in Anacoco

United States

#54 Dec 17, 2013
concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone has noticed "the gentleman in anacoco" being a little over the top trying to catch speeders. I am glad I am not the only one. Stupid to me for some who is supposed to be keeping our roadways safe and they drive more reckless than any drunk on our roads. High speeds thru turning lanes passing vehicles in BOTH lanes just to catch a speeder in the middle of a small town with traffic pulling out of of driveways and sideroads. Matter of time before he hits someone. I too have almost been sideswiped by this said "gentleman."He does what he wants when he wants and thats not acceptable. How about conducting a traffic stop in the middle of the road? If it isnt a felony stop or dire emergency wouldnt you, for your safety and the public that you are supposed to be protecting, get the traffic offender to pull off to a safe location? What happened to a common sense approach? Oh those blue lights make an accident not able to happen,right?
I personally have been pulled over by the "gentleman". While I do need to say up front that what I was pulled over for is legitimate here are the facts. On both occasions when I was pulled over it was after the police officer saw my vehicle in Leesville or coming from Leesville. Well outside of Anacoco. The officer would follow beside me or behind me for a while until we were near the Anacoco city limits. Then he would speed ahead and wait at the city hall or on the side of the road in front of city hall. After I would pass he would whip his vehicle out behind me and tailgate me to the light. He would wait through the light with me and wait until I passed the dollar general before tunring on his lights and pulling me over. This has happened twice to me. The offenses were a missing mirror on the driver side, which was a warning, and the second was illegal tint. I am by no means a saint, but I do drive very carefully. I obey all traffic laws and drive under the speed limit at all times. The reason for the mirror was that I work paycheck to paycheck for my wife and two sons to provide for them, and I didn't have the money to fix it right away. I did buy some JB Weld and fixed it myself after this incident. The issue with the tint was not because I am some teenager wanting to have a cool car that has major tint. It was because my mother-in-law who donated the car to us since we were without a car at the time was a deputy for the Beauregard parish sheriffs office and it was legal to have that amount of tint for her. I also have been driving this route for over three years so far and never had a problem with any other police officers and I live in Florien. So I am pretty sure that the Anacoco "gentleman" is targeting individuals and I am starting to feel like this is harrassment. I am making notes of each of these incidents and I will be filing a countersuit on the Anacoco police department at the next infraction that they seem to deem worthy. This will not fly with me. I try to obey all that I can, but it is impossible when a cop decides he is the law and nit picks all that he can.
Jimmy James

United States

#55 Aug 6, 2014
Oops

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

DeRidder Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beauregard sheriff office Jul 6 Seen it all 4
News Additional help, bigger facility needed for BPS... (Sep '15) Jun 30 Concerned Parent 3
Good or not May '16 Amanda 1
Somebody got busted... It's about time! (Sep '15) Feb '16 havemercy 4
Hannah Nicole lebato (Dec '15) Dec '15 Kaley 3
News Bridge operator in Lake Charles dies after clot... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Prep-for-Dep 1
Ronnie Cooley for Sheriff (Mar '14) Nov '15 The Voice of Reason 12

DeRidder Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

DeRidder Mortgages