Chief of Police rescinds lawsuit

Chief of Police rescinds lawsuit

There are 55 comments on the Leesville Daily Leader story from Aug 22, 2006, titled Chief of Police rescinds lawsuit. In it, Leesville Daily Leader reports that:

The race for Chief of Police of Rosepine has heated last week as one candidate filed a lawsuit against another.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Leesville Daily Leader.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
jack

United States

#1 Sep 11, 2006
i think if it is like that now , what is it going to be if one of them wins,i think they should both be kicked out of the race, and let someone run that does not ack like kids that has reached adult years in age,if eather one one wins the other will have to leave town , or he could not drive down the street without getting a ticket or go to jail.
Dmp

United States

#2 Sep 25, 2006
Parrot is a crook and a pervert
Kim

Oakland, CA

#3 Oct 2, 2006
The whole sheriff's dept in both parishes are all political and worthless. That's why thank God I don't live here anymore. But we've been followed through town just because of our Tx. license plate.. Losers... find the dopers instead..
steve

Louisville, KY

#4 Oct 4, 2006
if the people of rosepine dont like the chief they should have got out an voted.
corey

AOL

#5 Oct 28, 2006
we like r cheif we dont like tx people tell us what to do
Barb

AOL

#6 Oct 31, 2006
Well I lived there and the sad thing is that this is sad. This town of Rospine has some serious issues. The town is run by a few selected people. The rest of the town of Rospine won't stand up and speak the truth about really goes on because they are scared of how they will be treated. Since Mayor Hall their has been issues that most people have no knowledge of how the Town of Rosepine is run, by only a few Last name residences. I think the whole town hall is really corrupted and because it sits there in the middle of DeRidder and Leesville the problems are just over look or may I say just swept under the rug. When the generation Names speak everyone just sats back and takes it. I could never live in that town again. I am really ashamed to say it because I was a very long time residence myself.
lv resident

Terrell, TX

#7 Jan 21, 2007
i know leesville police are crooked. They bought a few(2)of those rhino four-wheeler type things and 2atvs to do I dont know what (what the hell would they need that for??) and i noticed they are missing now. I imagine Mr. Craft has one at his house. Leesville police think they can d whatever they want. BTW when they follow me for a period of time ill pull over and if they pull over too ask them what the hell they are doing.If your not doing anything wrong you dont have to worry. I agree with the last name thing leesville is that way too with the crafts' down with the crafts!
rosepine

Okeechobee, FL

#8 Apr 2, 2007
to the one that wrote the first comment
there was only one person the put the lawsuit on the other person and it was the chief that did it. the other person running talk to the person the lawsuit was on and he dont agree with the lawsuit at all. the town of rosepine dose need a new chief of police and maybe in 2010 the people in rosepine will get out and vote
mike

Washington, NC

#9 Apr 25, 2007
town peple should ask the mayor or the chief or police if they have any concerns, about the town or any gosip
Bill

Haughton, LA

#10 Sep 1, 2007
How about you folks represent Leesville and Vernon parish a little better by using some things called capital letters, punctuation, and correct spelling.
The Sheriff is Sam Craft, he does not work for the Police Department. They have used 4 wheelers in search and rescue operations and every year at the fair.

It was probably hard for you to see where they were used while you were out in the Parish Prison or recovering from your hangover.
My opinion

Houston, TX

#11 Nov 4, 2007
lv resident wrote:
i know leesville police are crooked. They bought a few(2)of those rhino four-wheeler type things and 2atvs to do I dont know what (what the hell would they need that for??) and i noticed they are missing now. I imagine Mr. Craft has one at his house. Leesville police think they can d whatever they want. BTW when they follow me for a period of time ill pull over and if they pull over too ask them what the hell they are doing.If your not doing anything wrong you dont have to worry. I agree with the last name thing leesville is that way too with the crafts' down with the crafts!
I agree with you. I believe Leesville Police are crooks also. They will fabricate evidence, or do whatever it takes to get an arrest and try to make it stick. It doesn't matter if you're innocent or guilty with Vernon Parish. They need to be investigated of course.
My opinion

Houston, TX

#12 Nov 4, 2007
That includes the Sheriff also.
scott

Georgetown, TX

#13 Feb 16, 2009
hell i live here in Rosepine and i driving down main st.(traffic light) go west from hwy 171 and i passed by a house that had a deridder city police department dodge charger sitting in the carport,isn`t there a boundary or something where you should stay within the the city limits of who you work for? at least that`s what i have been thinking all these years,guess it doesn`t make a difference as long as they aren`t paying for the gas.
Parrot Corrupt

Olive Branch, MS

#14 May 29, 2009
WAS THAT THE RELEASE OF A RESTRAINING ORDER TO ONE OF YOUR BEST FRIENDS, THE LAW ignored and left unprotected .... AN IMMIGRANT WOMEN WANT TO KNOW MORE? Ask first

Since: Oct 08

Greensburg, LA

#15 Jun 4, 2009
Try being military around here. You get treated like crap and your citations are always higher than any local persons. I wont even speak of New Llano.
Randall

United States

#16 Jun 26, 2009
I was miliary living in Leesville for a couple years. Oh yes, they really do treat you like crap. Now that I'm retired, I still get treated like crap. You HAVE GOT to be a local born good-ol'-boy. Seriously, if you smile and say "Hi," to anyone around here, they start walking sideways like crabs around you and give you a really confused, screwed-up look like you farted in church or something. Heck, they treat each other pretty bad too.

The most unfriendly place I've ever lived, and I've lived in third-world countrys before.
usedtoliveinrose pine

United States

#17 Jul 12, 2009
they did there job twenty years ago.there was a old nasty tavern called the rusty spur off of 171
between rosepine and leesville.look like a old wooden cabin with a small porch.
the police used to drive around that bar all the time.at that time according to a family member. a officer of the law and his brother and family used to live in the same trailor court as my sister in rosepine .the trailor court was right behind a laundry mat.i was told there last name was cole.i think that was the last name.they were a very nice family.i moved to trailor 3 c . evans street rosepine
i felt very protected living in a trailor court not knowing anybody . one of the residents was a officer of the law.one of the cole brothers lived also in a trailor on evans road.whether it was a lie or not.the police then was very good officer.
when i moved back to missouri.this is what i was told.so if it was a lie about the name of the officer .i apoligize.i seen no crime in rosepine when i was there for a year.i never seen the law do any wrong doings.
rosepineusedtobe

United States

#18 Jul 13, 2009
twenty years ago .in rosepine there was a mckees or mcgees
grocery store.was him or his son a police officer?
Zena

United States

#19 Aug 14, 2009
rosepineusedtobe wrote:
twenty years ago .in rosepine there was a mckees or mcgees
grocery store.was him or his son a police officer?
Parrott! who does not own it now due to the fact that he owed taxes???? that's him the "Chief of Police"
Zena

Lenoir City, TN

#20 Aug 15, 2009
Randall wrote:
I was miliary living in Leesville for a couple years. Oh yes, they really do treat you like crap. Now that I'm retired, I still get treated like crap. You HAVE GOT to be a local born good-ol'-boy. Seriously, if you smile and say "Hi," to anyone around here, they start walking sideways like crabs around you and give you a really confused, screwed-up look like you farted in church or something. Heck, they treat each other pretty bad too.
The most unfriendly place I've ever lived, and I've lived in third-world countrys before.
Local born good ol' boy (& boys of the hood)!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

DeRidder Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beauregard sheriff office Jul 6 Seen it all 4
News Additional help, bigger facility needed for BPS... (Sep '15) Jun 30 Concerned Parent 3
Good or not May '16 Amanda 1
Somebody got busted... It's about time! (Sep '15) Feb '16 havemercy 4
Hannah Nicole lebato (Dec '15) Dec '15 Kaley 3
News Bridge operator in Lake Charles dies after clot... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Prep-for-Dep 1
Ronnie Cooley for Sheriff (Mar '14) Nov '15 The Voice of Reason 12

DeRidder Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

DeRidder Mortgages