Suspect sought in Derby homicide

Suspect sought in Derby homicide

There are 29 comments on the Connecticut Post story from Sep 4, 2009, titled Suspect sought in Derby homicide. In it, Connecticut Post reports that:

Detectives from Ansonia and Shelton continued Friday to assist city officers investigating the murder of a Hawthorne Avenue man Thursday morning, but the person responsible for the killing is still at large.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connecticut Post.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
when will

United States

#1 Sep 4, 2009
when will the liberal media finally write that where ther's black people.ther's babies' daddy's,community decay,economic devastation,excuses for being losers (black males). Drive byes,lawsuits when they be wrong,hurricanes by whitie etc,etc.Viva Los Embray
cool

Bedford, TX

#2 Sep 5, 2009
get a life when will
Rag

Shelton, CT

#4 Sep 5, 2009
Why is it important to report that two Derby police spokespeople are on vacation? What does that have to do with the murder investigation? Sounds like this reporter got upset that no one from Derby would comment on the case and decided to let everyone know that two cops took a vacation day. Great journalism!!!!
Reality

Plymouth, MA

#5 Sep 5, 2009
When you vote the Ghetto into the White House you better be prepared for this...
when will wrote:
when will the liberal media finally write that where ther's black people.ther's babies' daddy's,community decay,economic devastation,excuses for being losers (black males). Drive byes,lawsuits when they be wrong,hurricanes by whitie etc,etc.Viva Los Embray
Valley Guy

Wilmington, MA

#6 Sep 5, 2009
Rag:

Agree with your point but rumors are indeed circulating thqt the Ansonia department is all but running the show in this matter.

It is interesting to note that the public comments on a Derby murder are being issued by a neighboring local department.

What IS going on in Derby?

Since: Oct 07

Derby, CT

#7 Sep 5, 2009
Please forgive this spam and off-topic comment, but I'm trying to spread the word about a new site in the lower Valley:

http://www.ValleyIndy.org

Thanks!
Crack Head Ed

United States

#8 Sep 5, 2009
Damn,
Where I'm going to get my rocks now?
AVA

Spartanburg, SC

#9 Sep 5, 2009
eugeneindanbury wrote:
Please forgive this spam and off-topic comment, but I'm trying to spread the word about a new site in the lower Valley:
http://www.ValleyIndy.org
Thanks!
Interesting !
post reader

Seymour, CT

#10 Sep 5, 2009
Hey when will....what the heck did you say??? It's not necessarily true that ansonia is running the show in this murder, they are working with derby as the suspects are from ansonia, i heard. They should however release a photo or name of last person they are looking for so the public is aware of him and can avoid or report his whereabouts. Great job of our ansonia officer who caught the other two!! It's a shame that this person just got shot down like that, regardless of his race or whatever the motive. I feel for his family.
valley resident

United States

#11 Sep 5, 2009
hope u meant it, dont get shook now.
Rag

Shelton, CT

#12 Sep 5, 2009
Valley Guy wrote:
Rag:
Agree with your point but rumors are indeed circulating thqt the Ansonia department is all but running the show in this matter.
It is interesting to note that the public comments on a Derby murder are being issued by a neighboring local department.
What IS going on in Derby?
I have no idea what is going on in Derby, but if the two departments are working together to solve this, then what does it matter who comments on it? As long as it gets solved, I don't really care who is investigating. I, for one, think that it is good that departments work together and don't "hot dog" something like this. I just thought that it was completely unnecessary that the Post indicated that the spokespeople in Derby are on vacation, which leads the reader to believe that no work is being done on this.
FYI

Seymour, CT

#13 Sep 5, 2009
Valley Guy

Wilmington, MA

#14 Sep 5, 2009
Rag:

It is great that he departments are working well together - they always do and that is very important.

The only unususal point to me is that one town's lieutenant was the speokesman on another town's investigation - never saw that before.

But, the larger point is more important - they are working well together AGAIN to fight crime.

As to Post reader's contention that the suspects are from Ansonia - where did you get that?

The article said:

"McFadden's and Baldwin's slayings are the two unsolved murder cases in the Valley in recent memory. Both Derby and Ansonia police quickly made arrests in two other serious incidents recently.

Ansonia police arrested Tiffany Perry, 26, for the June 21 stabbing of Jennifer Lewis, 22, at the Riverside Apartments the night of the incident, and Derby police quickly found and arrested three suspects in the shooting of Kierron Stanley, 34, of Ansonia Aug. 25.

The Valley departments pool resources when it comes to serious cases such as those that have occurred in the past three months because the departments are relatively small, especially Derby's and Ansonia's departments.

"We are assisting Derby with anything they need," Cota said."

No mention of residence.
Another Valley guy

Bloomfield, CT

#15 Sep 5, 2009
What's the big deal if they're working together? Ansonia, Derby, Seymour, and Oxford were all part of one town called DERBY many years ago until they started breaking off from Derby. As far as I'm concerned, they should go back to being one town (or boroughs of a single town) in terms of education, police, fire/ems, and public works. It saves us all money in the long run. In this case it's the right thing to do to help your neighbor. It doesn't make Derby or its police force any less competent, which is what I think people here are trying to imply.
Who cares

Oxford, CT

#16 Sep 5, 2009
Maybe if thes losers were working instead of walking the streets..they wouldnt get shot up!!! Who cares what happened..just one more scum bag off the streets!!!!
Tito

United States

#17 Sep 5, 2009
Another pillar of the community gone. I seen him at so many community outings donating his time to charity.
LMJ

Monon, IN

#18 Sep 5, 2009
Oh he was such a good boy, drug dealer and low life scumbag. The state of Conn saves money now. One more A--hole gone.
Valley Guy

Wilmington, MA

#19 Sep 5, 2009
Another Valley Guy:

I raised the question because it is extremely unusual that one PD is out front on public comments concerning a homicide in another jurisdiction.

Just a question.

Do not tell me that I implied anything - was asking a question.

It is a big deal that they are working together - it means that we have local cooperation - which is a very good thing.

Your suggestion about these towns going back to being one town is silly and irrelelevant at the moment - but may be a good idea in the long run.

Why are people afraid of questions being asked?

Offline, I have asked further questions about the handling of this investigation and you should as well.

Depending on your perspective - or agenda - you might want to know more.

Meanwhile - the local PDs are at it and great for them - they are on our side.
Rag

Shelton, CT

#20 Sep 6, 2009
The only one who implied that Derby was incompetent was the reporter who wrote the article on this case. She was apparently miffed that no one would give her a comment so she went ahead and reported that the spokespeople were on vacation.
Valley Guy is correct in that it is unusual for an assisting agency to comment on another agency's case, but in re-reading the article, the Ansonia spokesperson really didn't indicate much other than that they were assisting Derby with whatever they needed.
Nice Girl

Plymouth, MA

#21 Sep 6, 2009
Kate has been doing a fine job covering our area for many years and your "Rag" about her means little, if anything to us.
Rag wrote:
The only one who implied that Derby was incompetent was the reporter who wrote the article on this case. She was apparently miffed that no one would give her a comment so she went ahead and reported that the spokespeople were on vacation.
Valley Guy is correct in that it is unusual for an assisting agency to comment on another agency's case, but in re-reading the article, the Ansonia spokesperson really didn't indicate much other than that they were assisting Derby with whatever they needed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Derby Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Parades balk at paying Bridgeport cop OT 1 hr America Gentleman... 1
News Man arrested after exposing himself near UNH ca... Feb 19 Mmendillo 1
News 2 Bridgeport officers dragged - over 30 feet' b... Feb 16 America Gentleman... 1
News 14 people arrested in Danbury, New Milford as c... (May '09) Feb 15 lizzy 71
News Lawmakers consider revving up tolls for much ne... Feb 14 Mmendillo 1
News Welcome to A to Z Pet Shop (Mar '17) Feb 7 Boycott Pet Stores 10
News Milford reviews bus routes for out-of-town ed p... (Aug '09) Feb 6 Songbird61473 122

Derby Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Derby Mortgages