Stratford firefighters help family wi...

Stratford firefighters help family with flood losses

There are 9 comments on the Connecticut Post story from Mar 26, 2011, titled Stratford firefighters help family with flood losses. In it, Connecticut Post reports that:

Cyndee Johnson stands on her deck Friday, Mar. 25, 2011 and reflects on damage done to her home in the Maples section of Shelton when the area along the Housatonic River flooded earlier this month.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connecticut Post.

billw

United States

#1 Mar 27, 2011
So he had a fundraiser to buy another harley?
smartest

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Mar 27, 2011
hey lets build a home in a known flood zone, brillant. stratford is ok to draw a paycheck from but you won't live there
get a life

Naugatuck, CT

#3 Mar 27, 2011
JERRY JERRY JERRY!!! LMAO STRATFORD IS CORRUPT AINT BEEN RIGHT SINCE MAYORS STARTED SHOWIN UP BUT ITS GREAT FOR DRUNKEN ENTERTAINMENT ANYONE WOULD BE A DUMB A$$ TO MOVE THERE JUST BECAUSE THEY WORK THERE ID RATER DEAL WITH FLOODS THEN TOWN HALL INCOMPETENCE HAHA WHOHOO JERRY JERRY JERRY!!!
FEMA

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Mar 29, 2011
"You keep losing and losing and losing. If I added up all the money I've lost since I built this house, it's well more than $100,000."

Read more: http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Stratford...

Newsflash! The Maples has been flooding for the past 50 years. It's the nature of that area and it will not change because you choose to live there.

What about the dozens of other families who live there? Did they not suffer any losses? Don't they need to be helped? Also all those along RT 34 in Oxford?

I don't see them crying because they know the risk of living in a flood prone area along side the river.

If I kept losing, over $100,000 in ten years - I would move away from the flood plain, not rely on the city to notify me if the place may flood, again.
Needy

United States

#5 Mar 31, 2011
Hey, I've lost thousands in taxes to a flood of ludicrous (yet not illegal) pensions for retired cops and firemen. Fix the dam!
VFD

Moosup, CT

#6 Mar 31, 2011
It's raining. Get the Harley to high ground.
VFD

Naugatuck, CT

#7 Mar 31, 2011
Let me muster a crew. Hopefully we can get a truck on the road 15 min or less after dispatch.
Fireman Bill

Shelton, CT

#8 Apr 1, 2011
VFD wrote:
Let me muster a crew. Hopefully we can get a truck on the road 15 min or less after dispatch.
Pine Rock can muster a crew in 14 min as long as I am not under Moes desk at PW!

Sol

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#9 Apr 1, 2011
The Location: http://preview.tinyurl.com/3don7bb

yup: floodplain. It don't get much more floodier than right there along that stretch of river.

The houses on pilings downriver of you probably made-out better than you did.(there's a HINT buried in that statement)
"...built his home at The Maples in 1998..."
Twelve to thirteen years ago. So you've obviously had flooding there in the past. HOW did you make-out on insurance those previous times?
They have flood insurance, but said they were denied coverage.
Why? That's all. One word: "WHY?". In the words of the late, great Paul Harvey: we need to know "The Rest Of The Story".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Derby Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Stamford Man Runs Down Driver Who Stole Girlfri... Apr 19 Gavone 3
News Feds arrest prominent Shelton developer (Nov '08) Apr 19 Gavone 376
News Job Cuts Could Come to West Haven Schools Apr 17 Mmendillo 1
News Police Logs Apr 9 Dr Spock 3
News Cops: Two sold thousands of dollars in untaxed ... Apr 6 BPT 2
News Diners: You know them, they know you (Jan '09) Apr 3 WorkAvoider 17
Trying to locate "Augie" still living in Bridge... Mar 25 Louise 1

Derby Jobs

Personal Finance

Derby Mortgages