Malloy optimistic over 'ground breaki...

Malloy optimistic over 'ground breaking' budget

There are 12 comments on the NewsTimesLive.com story from May 3, 2011, titled Malloy optimistic over 'ground breaking' budget. In it, NewsTimesLive.com reports that:

Time and again Tuesday as the clock ticked toward midnight, the Republican House minority knocked their heads against the 99-member wall called the Democratic majority.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsTimesLive.com.

Get Real

Durham, CT

#1 May 4, 2011
He's optimistic? Oh good. Maybe we should ask the taxpayers how thrilled they are? Just how much is worth to stay in this state?
It seems government and politicians do only one thing, spend more then they should and then claim everyone needs to share the burden for their actions. And they do it over and over?
It seems we need training, a permit and license to drive a car, truck, plane, train or boat. Or for any occupation. But to be a politician and run government none are required and you can not be fired until the next election?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#2 May 4, 2011
I agree with Get Real. Malloy is outrages with his increase in taxes. I feel sorry for poor people like myself. Go in Peace and Praise the LORD, Amen.

Location hidden

#3 May 4, 2011
A very good Afternoon Everybody. How are you on this raining day. All of us including Tippy and her fish are dong just great. Thanks for asking.

Since: Jul 09

Auburndale, MA

#4 May 4, 2011
Low wage workers get a tax break, I want to see how this works out.

Location hidden

#5 May 4, 2011
Hope for the very best for them. Go in Peace and Praise the LORD, Amen.
Fairfield Resident

Moodus, CT

#6 May 4, 2011
Get Real wrote:
He's optimistic? Oh good. Maybe we should ask the taxpayers how thrilled they are? Just how much is worth to stay in this state?
It seems government and politicians do only one thing, spend more then they should and then claim everyone needs to share the burden for their actions. And they do it over and over?
It seems we need training, a permit and license to drive a car, truck, plane, train or boat. Or for any occupation. But to be a politician and run government none are required and you can not be fired until the next election?
Being optimistic about these new and increased taxes is just crazy. Where do they think the average citizen is getting this money? for sure our salaries aren't going up and if you get a raise at all it doesn't cover cost of living let alone gas prices, food, insurance and new taxes on just about everything. It's crazy to do this to us in this economy. Why didn't they just bring bac the tolls? it doesn't seem fair that NY, NJ, MA, etc. use our roads for free and we pay to travel on theirs. Sometimes I wish I was old enough to retire because I'd sure as hell head down south, CT is not affordable anymore.

Location hidden

#7 May 4, 2011
I agree with the great comments of all above. Increased taxes will hurt all but the rich. Outrages.

Location hidden

#8 May 4, 2011
America Gentleman Samuel wrote:
A very good Afternoon Everybody. How are you on this raining day. All of us including Tippy and her fish are dong just great. Thanks for asking.
A very good night to all of above.
skarewed

New Haven, CT

#9 May 5, 2011
Eight years until I move out of this tax hellhole. Then my pension, social and property taxes will be virtually nil compared to this dying state.
brandy

Naugatuck, CT

#10 May 5, 2011
Good OLE TOM
RWNYYFAN

Trumbull, CT

#11 May 5, 2011
Virginia's governor cut expenses and taxes, both corporate and personal. Now unemployment is one of the lowest in the states and revenues are up.

Meanwhile, Ct raises taxes by 2 billion. Why not, since it never worked in the past but maybe this time....

Location hidden

#12 May 5, 2011
I agree with #11 and so there many other people in Connecticut.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Derby Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Memorial Day parades, services Tue BPT 8
Local Politics Do you approve of Rosa Rebimbas as State Repres... (Jun '12) May 23 Naugatuck 4
News Cops nab suspect in bank robberies (Mar '08) May 16 Erin 61
News Trefz Corp. to fight Exit 33 proposal May 12 American Gentlema... 2
News Cops: Men sexually assaulted teen (Feb '09) May 11 monkeyandmunchkin 11
News Helping firefighters' families (Aug '10) May 11 American Gentlema... 87
News New Milford plans memorial for fallen police of... May 10 Anonymous 1
More from around the web

Derby People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]