Housatonic advocates launch fund search

Housatonic advocates launch fund search

There are 3 comments on the Connecticut Post story from Dec 12, 2007, titled Housatonic advocates launch fund search. In it, Connecticut Post reports that:

The Housatonic River Estuary Commission has gone fishing. The group, which began meeting last month, is looking for seed money from the five participating municipalities along the river - Shelton, Milford, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connecticut Post.

Connecticut Sam

United States

#1 Dec 12, 2007
The best of luck to the fish.

Since: Nov 07

Milford, CT

#2 Dec 14, 2007
My property abutts the river in Milford, and I'd donate to the cause. Why even go to the towns and ask the state for money in the first place? If they have a good plan, and are able to make a case for why they need the money, us residents themselves could fund this easily. This is how a free-market works - if it's a good idea, it'll fly. We need to stop depending on the government for handouts.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#3 May 19, 2011
It is peaceful on these forums because Evil Ava is sleeping with other bats upside down in their cave. Have a good night.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Derby Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ansonia Jukebox (Jun '12) Nov 30 Musikologist 17
News Five Arrested On Prostitution Charges In Branfo... (Dec '09) Nov 27 Wondering 30
News Cops: Man violates New Milford protective order... Nov 26 Briana 3
News Veterans Day Celebrated in the Area Nov 16 BPT 3
News Pope says no to women as priests Nov 6 America Gentleman... 5
News New Milford could get major natural-gas power p... Nov '16 Leroy 4
News Former Sears executive says it is time for stru... (May '14) Nov '16 BlogZilla 5

Derby Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Derby Mortgages