Disable couple faces life on the street

On Fairchild Avenue, a short street off busy Kings Highway East, a former Fairfield man and his wife are living in quiet desperation. Full Story
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Tarl Cabot

Shelton, CT

#1 Jan 26, 2008
If they cant take care of themselves...how were they caring for his elderly father before he died? Sounds like they smelled the chance to jump into his house when he was on his way out....come on, the entire rest of the family wont talk to them?!??! They are scammers!
Connecticut Sam

United States

#2 Jan 26, 2008
The father rented the house and not own it. I feel sorry for these people.
Donald

AOL

#3 Jan 26, 2008
You bet they're scammers, professional welfare hustlers. I wonder where they stole the wheelchair?
Get a life

Paterson, NJ

#4 Jan 26, 2008
I have a job and I sit in a chair.
They only talk about what they can not due. How about talking what they can due to get a JOB ! Go back to NY so I do not have to pat for these people in my tax
Tammy

Bridgeport, CT

#5 Jan 27, 2008
Dear Nagy's sorry about what you are going threw, i wish i could help, i cant. If i do think of anything i will give you a call. Just pray god will help those who help themselves. Best of luck keep your heads held high. Tammy
get a job

Durham, CT

#6 Jan 27, 2008
if you have the chance to go to a shelter go.you are makeing people feel sorry for you . just go back to new york.you where just here takeing of the father.i do not want to pay for in my taxes. when you do not pay your rent of coruse you get evice.
what makes you so special form the rest of us get a job and life
youi should have gone to viringe when you had the chance.
Shae Marie

Scranton, PA

#7 Jan 27, 2008
Is it possible for you ( Nagy's ) to apply for Low Housing Assistance? your State does have a Housing Authority. I realize there is a waiting list, but because you are also disabled this would probably qualify you for a quick placement.

I think it's sad that some people will sit in judgement of other's, yes there are many who use a wheel chair and manage to hold a job but there are different medical reasons why they need one .. please don't judge.

MIlford CT

Milford, CT

#8 Jan 27, 2008
I say Scam. In the picture CT post had, he doesn't look hunched over to me.
They have jobs for people in wheelchairs, that why they started the American with Disablilties act.
They just don't want to work. And I'm upset with the Ct post for writing this article.
There are so many people that really need the help and don't ask for help. These people are slackers and are asking for everything.
they need to:
1 GROW UP AND FACE REALITY
2 They can afford a car why not pay rent
3. The cats can go to the Cat project
4 GET A JOB even if it's MCDonald's
Betsey

United States

#9 Jan 27, 2008
If they were black or hispanic they would have no problem getting help -- it is because they are white. I am not racist although some people reading this will think that, but this country caters to minorities and does nothing to help white people. God help them I hope some good soul out there can offer then a low rental.
Betsey

United States

#10 Jan 27, 2008
Tarl Cabot wrote:
If they cant take care of themselves...how were they caring for his elderly father before he died? Sounds like they smelled the chance to jump into his house when he was on his way out....come on, the entire rest of the family wont talk to them?!??! They are scammers!
My family doesn't speak to me because one of my so-called sisters lied to them about me -- you don't know what the story is so why don't you shut up! I hope I am not bleeding on the street and you are walking by because for sure you would leave me there to die. What happened to taking care of our brothers? Have you ever taken care of an elderly parent? I have and it is not easy. You should be ashamed.
Betsey

United States

#11 Jan 27, 2008
Donald wrote:
You bet they're scammers, professional welfare hustlers. I wonder where they stole the wheelchair?
You make me sick!!!!! I hope you never need a wheelchair. They are GIVEN to people who are disabled.
Betsey

United States

#12 Jan 27, 2008
MIlford CT wrote:
I say Scam. In the picture CT post had, he doesn't look hunched over to me.
They have jobs for people in wheelchairs, that why they started the American with Disablilties act.
They just don't want to work. And I'm upset with the Ct post for writing this article.
There are so many people that really need the help and don't ask for help. These people are slackers and are asking for everything.
they need to:
1 GROW UP AND FACE REALITY
2 They can afford a car why not pay rent
3. The cats can go to the Cat project
4 GET A JOB even if it's MCDonald's
I hope you never find yourself down and out or contract an illnes like MS because you wouldn't be saying what you are saying if you knew what it was like and how hopeless and depedent you are on others. Have you ever had back problems?????? They are devastating!!! Why don't you face reality that perhaps these people need our help.
dawn

Durham, CT

#13 Jan 27, 2008
Betsey wrote:
<quoted text> My family doesn't speak to me because one of my so-called sisters lied to them about me -- you don't know what the story is so why don't you shut up! I hope I am not bleeding on the street and you are walking by because for sure you would leave me there to die. What happened to taking care of our brothers? Have you ever taken care of an elderly parent? I have and it is not easy. You should be ashamed.
so why dont you take them in and help them. they have a car i would wheither live in a apt then drivethey should sale the car
dawn

Durham, CT

#14 Jan 27, 2008
Betsey wrote:
<quoted text>I hope you never find yourself down and out or contract an illnes like MS because you wouldn't be saying what you are saying if you knew what it was like and how hopeless and depedent you are on others. Have you ever had back problems?????? They are devastating!!! Why don't you face reality that perhaps these people need our help.
SO YOU HELP THEM THEN
dawn

Durham, CT

#15 Jan 27, 2008
Betsey wrote:
<quoted text>You make me sick!!!!! I hope you never need a wheelchair. They are GIVEN to people who are disabled.
AND SOME PEOPLE IN WHEEL CAHIRS WORK AT WAL MART THERE IS A GREETER ANF HE IS IN WHEEL CHAIR HE IS WORKING
Shae Marie

Scranton, PA

#16 Jan 27, 2008
<quoted text>I hope you never find yourself down and out or contract an illnes like MS because you wouldn't be saying what you are saying if you knew what it was like and how hopeless and depedent you are on others. Have you ever had back problems?????? They are devastating!!! Why don't you face reality that perhaps these people need our help.

Betsey I agree with you 100 %
There are people in Wheel Chairs
who are able to work, and some can't.

And yes Back problems for some can be
more severe then others.
Lisa

Stevenson, CT

#17 Jan 27, 2008
Betsey wrote:
If they were black or hispanic they would have no problem getting help -- it is because they are white. I am not racist although some people reading this will think that, but this country caters to minorities and does nothing to help white people. God help them I hope some good soul out there can offer then a low rental.
Thats not true..why mention the race...minorities can be WHITE, hispanic, Blacks and any others that are LOW INCOME..get your facts straight lady...sound racist to me!!!
chill out

Clifton, NJ

#18 Jan 27, 2008
Betsey wrote:
If they were black or hispanic they would have no problem getting help -- it is because they are white. I am not racist although some people reading this will think that, but this country caters to minorities and does nothing to help white people. God help them I hope some good soul out there can offer then a low rental.
be foreal, i'm from bridgeport and the times i've had to go in the social services dept. the majority of peopple in there are white. be foreal. if you need the help and are eligible, you'll get the help, i can't believe you wrote this. another thing every race has minotities
Paco

New Rochelle, NY

#19 Jan 27, 2008
First of all there are people who are writing about these people that claim they work but can not even spell simple words. I would think you employer must be pretty desperate to of hired you in the first place. Secondly who are any of us to judge what he real story is about these people. If you want to help then step up to the plate or just leave them alone. What a callous society we have turned into and that is a darn shame!
pippy

Clifton, NJ

#20 Jan 27, 2008
Paco wrote:
First of all there are people who are writing about these people that claim they work but can not even spell simple words. I would think you employer must be pretty desperate to of hired you in the first place. Secondly who are any of us to judge what he real story is about these people. If you want to help then step up to the plate or just leave them alone. What a callous society we have turned into and that is a darn shame!
that's right, tell them paco

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Derby Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
An Apple A Day (And Other Fall Flavors) At Leis... Thu American Gentlema... 1
Vital Milford Buildings Will Soon Be Immune to ... Oct 11 American Gentlema... 1
Who are members of Finch's staff? (Sep '08) Sep 27 iknowtoomuch 14
The Amusing History Of Savin Rock, From 1870 To... (Jul '07) Sep '14 Strayer 89
Derby couple with pizza-making past open new jo... Sep '14 MCRICK 6
Walking by the river (Dec '13) Dec '13 why 2
Cruelty case me be closed to public (Nov '08) Dec '13 Justin 126
Derby Dating
Find my Match

Derby Jobs

Derby People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Derby News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Derby

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]